Facebook and Relationship Problems!

Options
This is sooo off topic from diet, but has anyone else had relationship issues because of facebook? I have an insecure boyfriend who is always making comments about men liking my pics and he is continually questioning me about who messages me and has mentioned looking at the messages. We end up in an argument every time. So, last night I unfriended him and now he's pissed, lol. I handled this situation in the way that I thought would be best. Opinions? :)

Replies

• ReesesPuffs
    Options
    He sounds like a clingy sod to me, tell him to back off and let you have a life outside of him.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    How on earth did un-friending him seem like the best option? Of course that's only going to fuel his insecurities!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    How on earth did un-friending him seem like the best option? Of course that's only going to fuel his insecurities!

Agree!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I love when people use Facebook to get back at their spouse, it's a joke.

Drama, drama, drama. OMG.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Facebook is not the meaning of life.

Dump him. He's insecure and you're only fueling it.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    What sort of pics are they? Normal pics, or sexy poses with minimal clothing?

If they are normal pics that you could send to grandma without embarrassment, then he is really insecure. Whether you want to sort that out with him is up to you.

If you are posting sexy things on Facebook to get attention, then he may have a point.
  • 123nikki123
    Options

I think you are mistaken. He is constantly checking in on me because of his jealousy and insecurity issues.
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ya unfriending him definitely not the right decision, now he knows your on there talking to other guys and has no way of even seeing what your chatting about....that will make him way more insecure. You need to take his feelings into consideration...how would you feel if the roles were reversed?
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he may need to figure out why he is so insecure. If it continues, I’d probably break up with him because I couldn’t deal with that because insecurity is not just Facebook deep; it’s going to spill over into everything he does.

My husband does not even have a facebook. Well, he does but he never uses it, he only set it up under a fake name so he could get extras for some poker app game he plays on his phone. His fake facebook is not linked in any way to either of my face book accounts (my real name one or my modeling one).

Occasionally, his friends who are on my FB will try to start drama offline by referring to things I post on my FB which they blow way out of proportion. The last time, my husband got really upset until I showed him the actual post I made on Facebook. He took the actual post and compared it to what his friend said I’d posted and told his friend to grow up and stop starting nonsense. His friends have been good ever since. ;)
  • 123nikki123
    Options

Hahaha! It's not about getting back at anyone. There is no vindictivenss, I simply want to avoid the endless amounts of questioning.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I think you are mistaken. He is constantly checking in on me because of his jealousy and insecurity issues.

I think you're mistaken. You thought deleting him would delete your issues? Wrong.

How about deleting your facebook account. Or, your boyfriend.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

and so now it will seem as though you are hiding something...good work!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

:noway:

I hadn't noticed that.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options

If they are normal pics that you could send to grandma without embarrassment, then he is really insecure. Whether you want to sort that out with him is up to you.

If you are posting sexy things on Facebook to get attention, then he may have a point.

Insecurity is insecurity, no matter what she is posting.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    doesn't everyone know that you never air out your relationship problems on facebook?!? that's what mfp's for!!!
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options

Hahaha! It's not about getting back at anyone. There is no vindictivenss, I simply want to avoid the endless amounts of questioning.

You do that by dumping the jack . ....................
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

I was a little surprised at this as well.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Then leave him.
  • 123nikki123
    Options

The issue isn't really with my pics, for he knows I'm attractive. The issue is with me being friends with men...period.