Facebook and Relationship Problems!

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Oh.my.word. He's your BOYFRIEND. Not your husband. Why give him so much thought? Get rid of him.

I'm totally going to quote this back to you someday.

carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif?w=320&h=239

You love M. You'd never tell me that again.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    He won't like the creepy dirty PM i just sent you either!:flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    This is not a Facebook and Relationship issue ... you have a relationship issue. You are clearly not happy with him and have serious red flags, however I don't think you needed this forum to figure that out.

Talk to "him", not "us", if you want to salvage the relationship as it's far beyond a "tip" anyone can give you. If you do not want to take effort to salvage the relationship then discuss breaking it off and move on.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    weelllll i am not sure that defriending him was a great idea BUT there has been a few times i thought of doing it to my bf lol...honestly i think facebook is just a terrible thing to have when your in a relationship...my bf gets jealous too over the stupiest ****..and now he has a police test and refuses to delete his facebook bc then he cant look at mine...ridic i think but thats guys for ya...and then today i see on my page my boyfriend "likes" girls pics daily soooooooo lets just say i am not exactly happy i havent even said anything to him yet but i do understand where ur coming from....truthfully i think facebook BLOWS lol
  • Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    This isn't a Facebook problem. This is a jealous boyfriend problem. I can't tell you what to do. I can tell you what I would do. I would dump him. I have done pin-up modeling for a few years now and my husband trusts me. He is not going to get mad because some guy liked or commented on my pictures. As long as they aren't disrespectful to me, then who cares?
  • Why is the judgement being passed on me because of my age? I am new to the "dating" world! I was married for over 11 years. This has nothing to do with immaturity. Avoidence of his immaturity people. Plain and simple. What grown man worries about facebook?
  • This isn't a Facebook problem. This is a jealous boyfriend problem. I can't tell you what to do. I can tell you what I would do. I would dump him. I have done pin-up modeling for a few years now and my husband trusts me. He is not going to get mad because some guy liked or commented on my pictures. As long as they aren't disrespectful to me, then who cares?

No man has commented, only hit the "like" button.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    What sort of pics are they? Normal pics, or sexy poses with minimal clothing?

If they are normal pics that you could send to grandma without embarrassment, then he is really insecure. Whether you want to sort that out with him is up to you.

If you are posting sexy things on Facebook to get attention, then he may have a point.

The issue isn't really with my pics, for he knows I'm attractive. The issue is with me being friends with men...period.

This didn't happen over night and if you delete him it show's you're hiding something. With the way your talking I would think you are hiding something as well or maybe it's how you are talking with these men. If you are sounding flirty than heck yeah he's going to be pissed and someone might know you're attractive but if you are in a committed relationship you shouldn't be posting half naked pictures on the internet. So if you fb pics are anything like these pics again he has every right to be pissed off. Plus act you age, 35 should know better. Have some respect for yourself
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    has anyone else had relationship issues because of facebook?

Not really.

Then again I am not 12....
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    If you are a 35 year old woman, and having relationship problmes becasue of facebook I have 2 responses -

1- delete your facebook

2 - find a more mature, secure man

^^^THIS!!!!!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    This isn't a Facebook problem. This is a jealous boyfriend problem. I can't tell you what to do. I can tell you what I would do. I would dump him. I have done pin-up modeling for a few years now and my husband trusts me. He is not going to get mad because some guy liked or commented on my pictures. As long as they aren't disrespectful to me, then who cares?

THIS.

I also do modeling and some of it is pin up style, some of it is implied nude. Photographers have seen me naked. Friends of both genders have seen the final photographs (everything covered up but nudity implied). My husband doesn't care because he trusts me. I am also very very good friends with my last two exes. They are both my friends on Facebook. Both my friends on MFP and both my friends offline. If my husband behaved the way that the OP's boyfriend is behaving, he would have been kicked to the curb long ago.

ETA: I am also 35
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Why is the judgement being passed on me because of my age? I am new to the "dating" world! I was married for over 11 years. This has nothing to do with immaturity. Avoidence of his immaturity people. Plain and simple. What grown man worries about facebook?
    Which is why you need to leave him. He sounds like a nutter.
    Is he your age? No man his age should care that much? I'm sorry.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

No man has commented, only hit the "like" button.

Well, you can end it now or when they find your body, be a headline.

This is not normal or appropriate behavior. He is insecure and jealous. It's a short walk over to Stalkerville.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Having "Facebook" and "Relationship" in the title together made me feel the need that I had to look at this thread. Facebook kills everything social, and is an effective tool for slowly (or quickly) destroying your life.

Thank for for giving me another reason to justify deleting my account. It's been 9 months now and I've been so much better off without it!
  • How on earth did un-friending him seem like the best option? Of course that's only going to fuel his insecurities!

I think you are mistaken. He is constantly checking in on me because of his jealousy and insecurity issues.

I think you're mistaken. You thought deleting him would delete your issues? Wrong.

How about deleting your facebook account. Or, your boyfriend.

Well, obviously it will create a new one, but this shall pass...I hope, lol
    I'm not a fan of deleting my account to appease another and actually, deleting my account was my first action and then I though "what the hell are you doing, there's no need to delete your account"

really not trying to be rude, but how exactly will this pass? If he is that insecure when he COULD see things going on, won't that make his mind fester making those miniscule nothing comments into grandiose affairs in his head?
  • Seems to me that you crave the attention. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here seeking more of it. Your man is probably right to be insecure with his 35 year old girlfriend acting like a college freshman. Good luck!

That is uncalled for!
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    sounds like its over to me
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Why is the judgement being passed on me because of my age? I am new to the "dating" world! I was married for over 11 years. This has nothing to do with immaturity. Avoidence of his immaturity people. Plain and simple. What grown man worries about facebook?

I think the comments on your age came because you chose to deal with the problem by defriending him, which will only fan the flames and escalate the argument.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member

I think it's because you are asking strangers for advice after already deciding to unfriend your boyfriend and stir up more drama.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    How on earth did un-friending him seem like the best option? Of course that's only going to fuel his insecurities!

I think you are mistaken. He is constantly checking in on me because of his jealousy and insecurity issues.

I think you need to "unfriend" him in real life.
    ^this^