Facebook and Relationship Problems!

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    He won't like the creepy dirty PM i just sent you either!:flowerforyou:

Where the f*** is mine? I thought I was clear about my expectations in this relationship...
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

mind_blown_RE_Bacon_Vodka-s200x200-247801.gif
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Oh.my.word. He's your BOYFRIEND. Not your husband. Why give him so much thought? Get rid of him.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    How on earth did un-friending him seem like the best option? Of course that's only going to fuel his insecurities!

I think you are mistaken. He is constantly checking in on me because of his jealousy and insecurity issues.

I think you're mistaken. You thought deleting him would delete your issues? Wrong.

How about deleting your facebook account. Or, your boyfriend.

^ She is a wise one.

Also the person asking what kind of pics you are posting has a valid point. If they are normal "send to grandma" type pics then he may be too insecure. If you are minimally dressed thrusting your chest out (like your profile pic here) then he may have a valid point.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Oh.my.word. He's your BOYFRIEND. Not your husband. Why give him so much thought? Get rid of him.

I'm totally going to quote this back to you someday.

carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif?w=320&h=239
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    How on earth did un-friending him seem like the best option? Of course that's only going to fuel his insecurities!

I think you are mistaken. He is constantly checking in on me because of his jealousy and insecurity issues.

I think you're mistaken. You thought deleting him would delete your issues? Wrong.

How about deleting your facebook account. Or, your boyfriend.

Well, obviously it will create a new one, but this shall pass...I hope, lol
    I'm not a fan of deleting my account to appease another and actually, deleting my account was my first action and then I though "what the hell are you doing, there's no need to delete your account"

So if he starts with men writing to you on facebook, where does it end? Insecurities aren't just compartmentalized to one site on the interwebz. "What's with all these guy friends you have on mfp?" what's with all those dudes who also go to your gym? What's with the fact you work with men? Why do male consumers come into your place of business? Weird.

The last time that I had a guy tell me how to treat my platonic relationships I was in college, it was up until that point I thought of him as a potential Mr. Right, and after that point that I considered him Mr. Right now.
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

This.

Grow up, seriously.

I retract my earlier post due to this...
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Deleting your facebook account would solve nothing. Facebook is not the issue.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    just break up.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well, if it were a relationship I valued more than facebook, I would tone it down.

Have you given him a reason to feel insecure? Maybe there's an underlying issue he has?

Just talk about it.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    If you are a 35 year old woman, and having relationship problmes becasue of facebook I have 2 responses -

1- delete your facebook

2 - find a more mature, secure man
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Well, if it were a relationship I valued more than facebook, I would tone it down.

Have you given him a reason to feel insecure? Maybe there's an underlying issue he has?

Just talk about it.

His last relationship had facebook issues.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If he is this insecure and obsessive, how does he sleep?

Because I imagine him laying right next to you just staring.......watching........waiting.
    And that is scary.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Then you and he need to sit down and have a serious face-to-face conversation about your relationship, your concerns, his concerns, etc. Maybe consider couples counseling, if this is a long-term relationship. Not play emotional games on an online social media site.

I don't know either of you or your relationship situation, but I've been in a relationship with someone who was very insecure and jealous. It's not healthy and it can sometimes escalate to aggressive or controlling behavior. Please use common sense and get out of the relationship if it goes in that direction.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i had that with my partner told him it was me like it or leave and he grew up a bit now it doesnt bother him and he knows im his =D
  • JennaM222
    Options
    This is sooo off topic from diet, but has anyone else had relationship issues because of facebook? I have an insecure boyfriend who is always making comments about men liking my pics and he is continually questioning me about who messages me and has mentioned looking at the messages. We end up in an argument every time. So, last night I unfriended him and now he's pissed, lol. I handled this situation in the way that I thought would be best. Opinions? :)

is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTelxuEv8to
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    if he's just a boyfriend and acting this way, imagine how much worse it will be the more committed you guys get....
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

Just talk about it.

His last relationship had facebook issues.

There you go. Not your problem, BUT if you value him, you'll work through it. Everyone has baggage.
  • JennaM222
    Options
    DONT LET FACEBOOK RUIN YOUR RELATIONSHIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTelxuEv8to
  • LetsGoBlues
    Options
    Seems to me that you crave the attention. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here seeking more of it. Your man is probably right to be insecure with his 35 year old girlfriend acting like a college freshman. Good luck!