If eating every 2-3 hrs...

Options
Acg67
Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
Is supposed to rev up your metabolism, why not eat every hour or every half hr or every 15 min? Wouldn't that turbo charge your metabolism and turn you into a fat burning machine?

Replies

• runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    that's what I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm sleeping, in a meeting, or working out, that's what I do! Heck yea! Goodness, even an hour without food is a long time!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm on it!! (he says as he heads for the kitchen)
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! lol
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda all day, since it tricks my body into thinking I just had real sugar
    Keepin my metabolism up
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    lol! what made 2-3 hours the magic number anyway? xD
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    This is how I eat when at work:

7:30am breakfast
    10am snack
    1pm lunch
    2:30 snack
    3:30 snack
    4:30 snack
    5:30 snack (optional)
    6 or 7pm dinner

I spend on average 400 calories on each breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack total.
  • kareinlib
    Options
    hahah yeah I think people just say 2-3 hours because throughout the day people are working, going to classes, etc. and it makes it difficult to eat all the time like that.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

10am snack
    1pm lunch
    6 or 7pm dinner

I spend on average 400 calories on each breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack total.

You must be super lean cause your metabolism is so high from eating so often, nice!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

10am snack
    1pm lunch
    6 or 7pm dinner

That's pretty much how my day goes. I eat two actual meals and everything else is a dessert that I turn into a protein meal. My 2 o'clock snack was a homemade german chocolate protein cheesecake.
  • kris_jw95
    Options
    From what I know (which isn't a lot);

If you ate every fifteen minutes, then the longest time possible between exercise and eating would be fifteen minutes, right? Well that isn't good because your body needs to digest food for energy, and it doesn't digest food (not much) when you are exercising because blood is directed to your muscles not your stomach. So you need to digest food before you exercise, so that's why as a rule of thumb you eat two hours before exercise (unless you're doing something IF to lose weight).
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options

You must be super lean cause your metabolism is so high from eating so often, nice!

I've found that my metabolism has reset itself and I can binge on the weekends with no weight gain on Monday. I'm not losing weight right now because of my binging lol, but I don't gain and I should with how badly I've been cheating on the weekends. I lift weights 3x a week as well.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    All I know is that since I've made an effort to eat every 4 hours or so I've been more successful at losing weight, and the daily calories have stayed about the same.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    [
    That's pretty much how my day goes. I eat two actual meals and everything else is a dessert that I turn into a protein meal. My 2 o'clock snack was a homemade german chocolate protein cheesecake.
    [/quote]
    make it stop! Of course, if we were all as fit as you, we could eat cheescake for a snack. :)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

Saying something like this and not posting a recipe is just mean.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I just take a bite every 3 minutes.
  • banshishi
    Options
    Does that mean if I put a gallon of petrol in my car 6 times instead of six gallons in one go, my car will go faster too?
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have a power hour every hour of every day. Instead of one shot of booze, I use one bite of food. Works wonders.