7:30am breakfast
    10am snack
    1pm lunch
    2:30 snack
    3:30 snack
    4:30 snack
    5:30 snack (optional)
    6 or 7pm dinner

I spend on average 400 calories on each breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack total.
    That's pretty much how my day goes. I eat two actual meals and everything else is a dessert that I turn into a protein meal. My 2 o'clock snack was a homemade german chocolate protein cheesecake.

You need to post that recipe! I kinda eat like that, but since I usually eat so close to bedtime, I can't lose any weight. :wink: Maybe there's too much time between my afternoon snack and my dinner! *facepalm*
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    So that's why those brides who get a constant stream of nutrients through a feeding tube in their nose drop all that weight!
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS IT YOU EAT???? WHEN YOU SNACK EVERY HR???
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My day:
    6 am - Hot water with lemon and fresh ginger
    8am - breakfast
    10am - snack
    12:30pm - lunch
    3:30pm - snack
    6:30pm - dinner
    8:30pm - magnesium and bedtime

I eat raw green beans at any time I'm hungry in between. By dinner time I'm famished!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    this is making me hungry

nom-nom-nom.gif
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    everybody different and I used to eat every hour. I now follow the leangains.com approach. Which is fasting and eating all your calories in a time window. I've seen more results switching to this style than when I used to eat every hour. Mind you I still eat the same amount of calories, just during a certain time frame. Sounds crazy but Martin on that website has some GREAT scientific evidence to prove why it works and why it really doesn't matter when you eat and how much you eat at one time as long as you are in control of your calories. Maybe it won't work for everyone (both ways work for me but I've leaned out more with leangains approach) but worth a read. A good book is 'Eat Stop Eat' that also explains this. I follow the primal nutrition approach and that ties into it as well. Our caveman ancestors weren't eating every 2 hours. They would spend the majority of their day looking/hunting for food and ate big meals randomly, while fasting the rest.

that's my 2 cents anyways. to each their own of course!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My day:
    6 am - Hot water with lemon and fresh ginger
    8am - breakfast
    10am - snack
    12:30pm - lunch
    3:30pm - snack
    6:30pm - dinner
    8:30pm - magnesium and bedtime

I eat raw green beans at any time I'm hungry in between. By dinner time I'm famished!

Awesome! Maybe try eating more snacks to speed up your metabolism and good to see the hot water and lemon first thing in the morning as the lemon will cleanse your system, setting you up for a super fat burning day
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much how my day goes. I eat two actual meals and everything else is a dessert that I turn into a protein meal. My 2 o'clock snack was a homemade german chocolate protein cheesecake.

Saying something like this and not posting a recipe is just mean.

^^^Agree!!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Does that mean if I put a gallon of petrol in my car 6 times instead of six gallons in one go, my car will go faster too?

It stays running if you fill it before it gets close to empty so by filling it often, you are never letting your body stop!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Does that mean if I put a gallon of petrol in my car 6 times instead of six gallons in one go, my car will go faster too?
    Yes, it does. We should all try that!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I eat, on average, every 2-3 hours, but for my metabolism.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS IT YOU EAT???? WHEN YOU SNACK EVERY HR???

My eating schedule is as follows:

8:00am Breakfast: Oatmeal or a Luna Bar and coffee (usually between 200-300 calories)
    10:00 or 10:30 Snack: a piece of fruit, string cheese or yogurt
    12:30 or 1:00 Lunch: usually left overs from the previous day's dinner; a lean protein and a veggie
    2:30ish and (again at 4:30 on workout days) snack: string cheese, a protein bar, or deli meat
    6:00-8:00 (depending on when I finish my workout) Dinner: a lean protein and a veggie.
    If I have the calories, I'll treat myself to a bowl of cereal or a fruit pop from Trader Joe's after dinner.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    LOL!! so very true...

or how about... NEVER STOP EATING?!?!?

Raisins_Face.jpg
  • livingwithlam
    Options
    I personally try to eat every 2-4 hours, and never go above 4 hours without eating (except when I'm sleeping, of course.)

Maybe I should push my limit to 'never go over 3 hours'... :happy:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is supposed to rev up your metabolism, why not eat every hour or every half hr or every 15 min? Wouldn't that turbo charge your metabolism and turn you into a fat burning machine?

But then I could never go swimming because I was told I had to wait 30 min after eating.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Oh lawd.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    This is how I eat when at work:

7:30am breakfast
    10am snack
    1pm lunch
    2:30 snack
    3:30 snack
    4:30 snack
    5:30 snack (optional)
    6 or 7pm dinner

I spend on average 400 calories on each breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack total.

Eating like that would drive me crazy. 800-900 calories a meal for me and I am satisfied. 400 calories is hardly a snack. Then again, I don't tend to snack.
  • Myth, myth, and more myth.

That's utter bs. Just look into intermittent fasting, particularly things like Leangains, Eat Stop Eat, and/or Warrior Diet. I've been eating my calories in a 6-8 hour window, and fasting for 18-16 hours, and I've been losing weight as normal.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    LOL!! so very true...

or how about... NEVER STOP EATING?!?!?

Why not ask your doc for a g-tube and a backpack pump and then you can eat 24/7?