If eating every 2-3 hrs...

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Oh lawd.

hahaha! I love when Acg stirs the pot!! Makes for some entertaining reading!
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    I snack every hour.

On a coffee and a cigarette.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I eat every 5-6 hours so my metabolism must be dead :sick:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Does that mean if I put a gallon of petrol in my car 6 times instead of six gallons in one go, my car will go faster too?

It stays running if you fill it before it gets close to empty so by filling it often, you are never letting your body stop!

Except when I shut the car off. TAKE THAT ENGINE.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Oh lawd.

You forgot the "y" at the end. It's "Oh Lawdyyyyy". Clearly you're British and not Southern.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to have an IV bag attached to my arm all day.

Then again, I'm trying to cut back on my salt and sugar intake.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda all day, since it tricks my body into thinking I just had real sugar
    Keepin my metabolism up
    Solid Logic
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I eat, on average, every 2-3 hours, but for my metabolism.
    [/quote

NOT for my metabbolism..... darn typing too quickly....
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    make it stop! Of course, if we were all as fit as you, we could eat cheescake for a snack. :)
    It's not necessarily about being as fit as me, its making room in your calorie budget for desserts that can be made into meals by adding protein powder =P

But here is my recipe, but be forewarned, its a meal replacement and not some wimpy 100 calorie treat...Also, the first 4 are my default ingredients.
    23kd7j6.jpg
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i cant believe the amount of people on this message board dumb enough to believe all these retarded myths
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Half this thread is joking. Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the net 99% of the time

On a serious note I eat every 2.5 hrs. 6 meals 2.5 hrs apart.

I don't do this for any reason other than it helps keep me from over eating. By eating more often it has kept me from binging on bigger meals when I felt like I was super hungry.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Half this thread is joking. Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the net 99% of the time

I don't do this for any reason other than it helps keep me from over eating. By eating more often it has kept me from binging on bigger meals when I felt like I was super hungry.

And we are all different because if I ate that often in a day, it would cause me to overeat as all I would be thinking about was food.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Is supposed to rev up your metabolism, why not eat every hour or every half hr or every 15 min? Wouldn't that turbo charge your metabolism and turn you into a fat burning machine?

well your metabolism doesn't do anything if you never given a chance to digest your food. This really only matters with people with damaged metabolisms, those that need to eat high volumes of food, and people like me that are greedy and want to eat all day long.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I eat 7 meals, for the above reason, and 2 I couldn't meat my macro-nutrient demands in 3 meals. I'd get full too fast.
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I too have been eating every 2 hours or so because years ago I heard it helps with metabolism but I'm starting to question that as my weight loss has been verrrrry slow.
    I've actually been thinking about changing to 3 square meals a day to see if that works better.
    I think might do that starting next week just to see what happens.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Is supposed to rev up your metabolism, why not eat every hour or every half hr or every 15 min? Wouldn't that turbo charge your metabolism and turn you into a fat burning machine?

Every 15 minutes? You are doing it wrong. I just never stop eating. I count my arm moving from the table to my mouth as exercise. What with how revved up my metabolism is from always eating, I can eat whatever I want all day long. The faster you eat, the faster your metabolism goes!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I eat about every 2-3 hours have too or I overeat. Small nutritious meals e.g. almonds/yogurt/rice cakes/granola bar
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I never heard that is boosts you metabolism unless you are hypoglycemic like I am. I think a lot depends what you are eating and how your body processes it and the insulin ups/downs.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I never heard that is boosts you metabolism unless you are hypoglycemic like I am. I think a lot depends what you are eating and how your body processes it and the insulin ups/downs.

I'm going to give you an obvious hint. The effect of eating more often, or less often or in the middle is: Zip, Zero, Nada, Ain't nothing but a thing! ( unless of course you are hypoglycemic).

If it helps with compliance, great! But affecting metabolism? uh uh.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Don't forget not to eat after 7 pm!