Replies

• SunshineLady
    SunshineLady Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right to me!
  • SunshineLady
    Options
    I watched my first show last night via the computer. It was the finale from last year! OMG. it's amazing!
  • SunshineLady
    Options
    Good Job!! Remember it's just a number and a starting place. That number is going to put a smile on your face once you accomplish your goal.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Did you see that there is already a black team on here for the biggest loser? Well I am part of that but can I be part of this too? Do you have a team name and if so what is it? My name is Jessica, and I can use all the help I can get!

I did not see that. We don't really have a team name just The Biggest Loser Challenge.

WELCOME to everyone who joined.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I didn't see starting weights for the people listed below. If I missed your weight I apologize. If you didn't post it yet please add it so I can put it with the others. Thanks.

amoore42
    cassandra1220
    deborahjean
    dragonfly11
    emilydmo 210
    heather2219
    losingit4good
    margaretbonita
    maria2627
    mathilda12
    melody6387
    rklein71
    stephica
    tyandra
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    (i keep getitng this thread mixed up with the *other* BL challenge- so I have to make sure and search for the one that C started- ) ANways...

I need help with exercise. I need some serious motivation. I started this week proclaiming that my challenge was to not go over my calories and make healthy food choices and to exercise for 30 minutes everyday.

Today is now Thursday (that was last Saturday I said all that).. and I've done great on calories and making healthier food choices
    but I haven't exercised one single day. THis is how unmotivated I am. Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday- I went so far as to put on my "workout clothes"- but I got distracted with the kids (I have a 9 year old whos in school during the day and then a 3 and 1 year old who are home during the day with me) and one thing led to another and I never did it. (Part of it is that I am so self conscious- I refuse to exercise when my husband gets home- i cant do it in front of anyone or know that they could walk in and see me) =( I know this will get better and I just have to do it---

Why am I so "scared" to exercise?

On a much more positive note- I am so excited for out first weigh-in on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it would be great if we all could take a Full Body "Before" picture and then at the end we can all take an after picture- from this competition and have them to share with everyone- I think that would be great and a huge motivation for others =)
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but I missed what day we are supposed to check in with our weight?

I weigh myself everyday because I need the motivation of seeing those little pounds/ounces that come off each day. I weigh myself naked after a potty break first thing in the morning and then weigh myself again on the wii fit.

I love seeing those ounces come off. i started Dec 1 at 215 and now weigh 206.5. My mini goal for this month is to weigh less than 200 lbs on feb 1.
  • MOTHERGOOSE21
    Options
    SURE! WHY NOT! 226.8
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    (i keep getitng this thread mixed up with the *other* BL challenge- so I have to make sure and search for the one that C started- ) ANways...

I need help with exercise. I need some serious motivation. I started this week proclaiming that my challenge was to not go over my calories and make healthy food choices and to exercise for 30 minutes everyday.

Today is now Thursday (that was last Saturday I said all that).. and I've done great on calories and making healthier food choices
    but I haven't exercised one single day. THis is how unmotivated I am. Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday- I went so far as to put on my "workout clothes"- but I got distracted with the kids (I have a 9 year old whos in school during the day and then a 3 and 1 year old who are home during the day with me) and one thing led to another and I never did it. (Part of it is that I am so self conscious- I refuse to exercise when my husband gets home- i cant do it in front of anyone or know that they could walk in and see me) =( I know this will get better and I just have to do it---

On a much more positive note- I am so excited for out first weigh-in on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it would be great if we all could take a Full Body "Before" picture and then at the end we can all take an after picture- from this competition and have them to share with everyone- I think that would be great and a huge motivation for others =)

Sorry about the mix up from the other challenge. I didn't see it when I started this one.
    As far as workouts maybe you could try picking up some workout DVD's from Walmart or somewhere. My one year old enjoys watching me do 30 day shred. She finds it amusing and somtimes tries to copy me. Maybe you could involve the 1 & 3 year old by getting a couple of 1 lbs weights for them to play with while you do it. Or take them to the park and play or for walks. Every little bit of exercise helps.

There is another challenge on MFP that challenges everyone to do some sort of exercise each day and you get a point for every week you do. It has motivated me to work out on days I didn't feel like it. It's called My 2010 challenge : 52 times 7/7.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I am sorry but I missed what day we are supposed to check in with our weight?

I weigh myself everyday because I need the motivation of seeing those little pounds/ounces that come off each day. I weigh myself naked after a potty break first thing in the morning and then weigh myself again on the wii fit.

I love seeing those ounces come off. i started Dec 1 at 215 and now weigh 206.5. My mini goal for this month is to weigh less than 200 lbs on feb 1.

The goal is to weigh in on Tuesdays. I've asked to everyone to try to post their weights by Wed evening. So if you wanted to do it on Wed that would be ok. The important thing is to do it the same day each week. So is 206.5 your starting weight?
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    SURE! WHY NOT! 226.8

welcome, i will add you to the next list I post.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I think it would be great if we all could take a Full Body "Before" picture and then at the end we can all take an after picture- from this competition and have them to share with everyone- I think that would be great and a huge motivation for others =)

I like the idea too. Please feel free to post pics.
  • txmom51
    Options
    I am really looking forward to see how much weight I lose this week. It is my first week on myfitnesspal. and I really like the the way the site is set up. It is easy to move from food to exercise and keep watch on what you eat.
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My Weight on Jan 4 was 207.5
    Weight on Jan 206.5.

Please use the weight from Jan 4 as my starting weight.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Okay... Im late posting but starting weight is.....(drum roll).....173.6. Ewwww!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

I used to be embarassed to exercise in front of other people. I would always think about how my fat would roll and flop around... and other people seeing it and either laughing or being disgusted by it. It's very silly... I know, but for some reason I couldn't get it out of my head. I still have issues with it. When I went to the gym I would hop on the treadmills in the very back row so nobody could really watch me (it helped in some weird way). Now I've set up one of my spare bedrooms as my workout room.... and whenever I go to workout I run into my room and lock the door behind me so nobody can come bug me.

Maybe you could do something like this. Or, wake up extra early and exercise while everyone is still sleeping. Once you get used to it, you won't feel so embarrased to workout in front of others. It took me a few months but now my fiance is allowed to walk in (on occasion) while I do my workouts.

P.S. Forgot to say good job on eating better! Keep it up! Eating better is a great step towards reaching your goal... once you add in the workouts you'll be unstoppable! :flowerforyou:

Also - sidenote... I'm doing awful this week. I started strong but with 2 birthdays 2 days apart its screwing everything up for me. Why so many birthdays in such little time??!?!?! :laugh:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.... afternoon or whatever.. Just wanted to stop in and read the posts.. Have a great day...

Anita
  • thicansxy
    Options
    I want to know what everyone is doing for exercise?

I start with warm up yoga and strength workouts on the wii fit plus Then on too something harder I have been switching it up so I dont get bored from Gold's Gym for the Wii or 30 Day shred by Jillian Michaels then back to the Wii for a 10 min free step. I do that 4 times a week. On the weekends I do the wii fit plus games. Cause I feel like its not working out but more fun.

The 30 Day shred is kicking my butt I still have not been able to do the whole step 1.
  • tobebetter
    Options
    SUPER!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Can i please please join :) I love the biggest looser, i was soo excited it came back soo soon after the last season is over.

My weight on Tuesday was 290

I am looking forward to this.