What is up with ________ at the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    All of 2 of us in the pool during the alloted LAP SWIM time and this dude is practically swimming on top of me (I'd already been there 20 minutes doing hard core laps before he even jumped in and I was right along the side minding my own calorie burn) and is actually swimming so close that he is hitting my foot. I stop, shoot him a dirty look which he totally sees and then he stops swimming and starts walking laps ACROSS the pool so every time I do a lap I have to look up to avoid hitting him cuz I can see his feet 10 feet ahead right in front of me. EFF OFF DUDE!!!! Never said a word to me but tried REAL hard to be in my way.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    What's up with all the haterz at the gym, worried about my make up, because I go straight to the gym after work, you should worry and concentrate on your work out, and instead of complaining about superfolus bs that has absolutely zero effect on you.
    I said it, I went there, and I'm done.:smokin:

Agreed! I even wear my hair down when I lift, can't imagine what some people have to say about that!

Amen! I even sometimes wear my hair down when I, *gasp* do cardio! Don't hate meeeee
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    the office staf always eating pizza in the gym....while people try to work out and lose weight

Do the calories count for all the people in the room? Dang! I've been tracking wrong!
  • TransducerX
    Options
    Guy walks up to dumbbell rack, grabs the 25s and, without moving anywhere, commences a shaky, poorly-formed set of bicep curls for the next minute all the while blocking everyone else's access to the 15s, the 20s, the 30s, the 35s... Move to an open area or just otherwise get out of the way!
  • rjsehm5
    rjsehm5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What's up with paying 110.00 per month at the Gym and NEVER going?
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    the office staf always eating pizza in the gym....while people try to work out and lose weight

Do the calories count for all the people in the room? Dang! I've been tracking wrong!

No but why bring those temptations in! I quit going to my local gym because the staff behind the counter were always eating mcdonalds, the trainers walked around with bags of doritoes and they even brought in cake when their staffers had birthdays! Save it for the lunch room please! I have a hard enough time resisting those foods without smelling them!
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Put your goddam pants on when you're done in the shower....Jees!
    Phone your friends and update your freakin' Facebook status AFTER you have finished in the gym. It's not that important, is it?
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options

I shouldn't talk because that's where i do my shoulder shrugs for my traps... haha:tongue:

aw-hell-naw.jpg

HILARIOUS!!!!

lmao
  • carter553
    Options
    Amen to your 2nd point agriffiths. It pisses me off when I know that someone who has just finished a set does not take 3 minutes for a muscle relax period and is Facebooking while they are on the machines. I have addressed this to the manager Buthelezi just says to ask to work in on the machine. Why should I ask? It is rude to totally not understand that you are using equipment that other people use. This also holds true to people that text. Go to the gym , use the gym , leave the gym. Otherwise stay home and socialize at your desk.
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Amen to your 2nd point agriffiths. It pisses me off when I know that someone who has just finished a set does not take 3 minutes for a muscle relax period and is Facebooking while they are on the machines. I have addressed this to the manager Buthelezi just says to ask to work in on the machine. Why should I ask? It is rude to totally not understand that you are using equipment that other people use. This also holds true to people that text. Go to the gym , use the gym , leave the gym. Otherwise stay home and socialize at your desk.

Ah - but I have since come to realise, this is the closest these guys get to having real human contact, 1000+ FB friends, maybe, but how many have you met??? Phone down, gloves on and go for it of go home, log in and piss off...
  • carter553
    Options
    Guys who get free towels at the gym and just leave them on the floor when they leave. Also when people come back from the pool , they come back to the locker room to get their towel. By this means they are dripping water all over the floor at the lockers. I have to find an old used towel to wipe up the lake off the floor before I can change. Come on dudes , you can have as many towels that you ask. Dry yourself before you come back to the locker. That includes you people coming from the showers also.
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    wearing makeup and perfume

I'm leaving puddles of sweat and breathing heavy and you are gagging me with some obnoxious smell!

Well... a lot of people go to the gym after work so this doesn't bother me. I wear make up to work, I'm not going to take it off just to work out. I'll go home and do that.

What's up with people that put the treadmill on the highest incline and then hang on to the bars for dear life? Not accomplishing anything sorry!
    sorry, but i'm keeping my hands on the bars. the power tends to go out and i'm not going to fall when those suckers stop.
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    Cell phones!!!! Do not bring and use your cellphone while at the gym (unless ur using it for music)
  • CrossFitBeast
    CrossFitBeast Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    What is up with naked old men roaming around the locker room at the gym as if they are lost? Now that I think about it they probably are but at least be lost with a towel!
    Agreed! Don't know if they're forgetting they're not home..hahaa
  • mangledspoon
    mangledspoon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    RE cell phones - I take mine and write my workout into the notepad function on it, but never call or facebook :P
    Don't be so quick to judge, that could be waht others are doing too and not facebooking!!
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Cell phones!!!! Do not bring and use your cellphone while at the gym (unless ur using it for music)

Agree. I never understood people who could talk on their cell phones and "work out". That said, I do have mine on me because I use it to watch HBO go while I'm on the stairclimber. Helps me focus on something else.
  • kmccraner
    Options
    what is up with girls wearing their hair down and full face of makeup at the gym???
    if you are still pretty after a workout..you are not working out hard enough : )
  • Abaiz
    Abaiz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What is up with the guys and girls who go wayyyyy overboard on the perfume/cologne/deodorant at the gym?

When I'm out of breath and working hard the overwhelming smell of Axe makes me gag.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    what is up with girls wearing their hair down and full face of makeup at the gym???
    if you are still pretty after a workout..you are not working out hard enough : )

I do this. Not because I dress up for the gym, but because I came after work. I do not, however, look good after. I look like a sweaty girl with full makeup and hair down hehe :-P