On average how many times per day do you guys eat?

Options

Replies

• T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Google this, there have been studies done that debunk the 6 meal a day myth as far as affecting metabolism. Though there are benefits to some by eating more often they eat less overall or they feel less hungry.

Everything I've read says breakfast is important..

As others have said you need to do what works for you. Also as others have said breakfast doesn't have to be sweet. Breakfast can be any food.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    2 meals per day : lunch and dinner/ post-wo
  • lmckillo
    lmckillo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I eat an average of 5 to 6 times a day. Breakfast, snack, Lunch, snack, snack, Supper. Most days I will snack a bit more when hungry which brings me up to 6 times a day. Basically I eat when I am hungry. My weight used to fluctuate 5 to 10 pounds. Since eating like this my weight is much more constant. Also when you eat only once or twice your metabolism slows right down as the body starts to conserve food reserves as it is not sure when it is going to get fuel ( food) again. When you eat 5 to 6 small meals a day your metabolism speeds up to help get rid of all the food in your system. Of course exercise is the key to weight loss. Hope this helps. I went from 195 to my current weight which is 170 lbs.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I hate breakfast, too. But I've gotten to where I do have more than just coffee on many days. It doesn't have to be sweet or sugary! I'm not much of a sweet tooth either. I've been making "egg muffins" which are basically just frittatas cooked in a muffin pan. Very low-calorie and high-protein, plus you can add anything you like. I do tomatoes, spices, cheese, etc. Spinach and mushrooms would be good in there, too! I also love breakfast burritos, and you can make a healthy version of those! I love spicy stuff for breakfast.

I don't always eat 6 meals. Sometimes there's just not time or I'm just not hungry . .. or if I am, I want a bigger meal all at once instead of a bunch of little things spread out. There are conflicting studies about whether eating frequently throughout the day really benefits your metabolism. As long as you're getting the nutrients you need and staying under your calories, as well as exercising, your metabolism should be FINE! Some doctors even say that eating too often throughout the day, even if you're choosing healthy snacks, can be too much stress on the digestive system.

When all is said and done, YOU know your body. Don't force yourself to eat six meals if you don't feel like it. Just try to be healthy at the times you do choose to eat. I find I'm personally much less likely to binge if I eat a few big meals instead of a bunch of small ones.
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    Breakfast: 7 am - eggs, toast, crisp bread, oatmeal or yogurt.

Snack: 10 am - an apple or few almonds.

Lunch: 1.30 pm - salad, PB& banana sandwich, yogurt & fruits or cheese omelet, tuna salad.

Snack: 3.30/ 4 pm - an multi grain crisp bread with cream cheese on or a banana.

Dinner: 5-6 pm - chicken and rice, whole grain spagetti/ pasta, salad, pita filled with tuna and veggies or steamed veggies and salmon!

Snack(if hungry): hot cup of tea, small yogurt, oatmeal cookie,
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Meal.....snack........Meal........snack.........meal........snack. That makes 6 times a day for me.

I know it doesn't matter when you eat your calories for weight loss but I find I don't get cravings if I eat smaller amounts, more often than if I ate 3 larger meals.
  • anniebonnie
    anniebonnie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Snack, Dinner, Dessert...about 5-7 times a day^.^
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Six:
    Breakfast
    Morning snack
    Lunch
    Afternoon snack
    After workout Protein shake
    Dinner
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I eat all day long. Because I'm hungry,. It's 10:00 am here and I've already had 820 calories. LOL

^^this
    I pretty much eat all day long, I've had about 500 so far almost 10am here and already planned out most of what I'm eating for the day so I can have it when ever I feel like.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I'm the kind of person that if I don't hold it down to 3 per day, I will make the smaller 5 or 6 meals turn in to 5 or 6 regular meals and eat way too much. I just stick with what works for me, the regular 3 per day.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    2 -3 big meals a day
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I guess, I have about five meals a day. One of them is a mid morning snack.

However, I simply eat when I am hungery. I just notes on how it works for me.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 times a day. Eat breakfast, then set your timer and eat every 3 hours. It's not hard to get into this routine, but it is hard for me to control portion sizes! If you do cardio and strength training, and follow this program, you will boost your metabolism. Mine is higher than it's ever been!
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Even though my job requires travel across the country, I try to eat 5-6 small meals per day.....average of 350 per meal.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i dont think there is one rule, it's just whatever works for you. i have 3 meals a day and try to restrict snacking as thats my downfall - i cant stop. also i work 9-5 with an hours lunch break so it makes more sense for me to have 3 clear meals each day.

not having 6 small meals a day isn't going to stop your weight loss.
  • bjjt3
    bjjt3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5-6 times everyday and at least a gallon of water for me......
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 8 to 10 times a day. That's just how often I get hungry. All the meals are usually around 250 - 300 calories.
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    It really depends on my mood. Sometimes once a day, most times 3, other times 6 times a day.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    5 or 6 usually.
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    I usually eat around 8 to 10 times a day. That's just how often I get hungry. All the meals are usually around 250 - 300 calories.

I'm glad that method works for you. If I did that...I'd binge.