Who was your Favorite WWF Wrestler?

Options

Replies

• VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching once Vince McMan started wrestling. That killed it.
  • katejain
    Options
    KANE!!!
  • AliDarling
    Options
    jeff hardy <3
  • Strobins05
    Options
    The Rock, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, Jake the Snake, Road Warriors, ect..... I'm praying we can get tickets when they come to Charlotte, as they always sell out before we get to them.
  • jsukhan
    jsukhan Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I grew up watching wrestling back in the AWA days, first wrestlers I can remember were Hulk Hogan, Jesse Ventura, Bobby Henan.
    Then it was WWF.
    Some of my favorites were Brett Hart (loyal to Canadians), The Hart Foundation, Ricky Steamboat.
    Later I discovered WCW and was amazed by Sting.The entrance music of the 4 horsemen still sends tingles down my spine.
    In 2003 there was two days back wrestling taping in my city, a large amount of wrestlers from Raw came into the bar I was working in after the show. It was surreal to be watching the second broadcast on TSN while they were right in front of us. They were all super polite and friendly. I wished I had a digital camera back then.
    I stopped watching wrestling about 8 years ago. I was devoting 5-6 hours a week watching wrestling plus PPV once a month. I don't really miss it.
    Its such a shame so many wrestlers have died, I can't even begin to list them all.
    But that is the business of sports entertainment. With the research into CTE there may not be football a decade from now.
  • SRS1226
    Options
    The Hardy Boyz (mostly Jeff, my best friend loved Matt), Stone Cold, and The Rock

<3<3<3
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    lol i was going to say Mancho Man Randy Savage Ohhhhhhhhh Yeaaa!!!
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Never watched much wrestling but I remember liking to watch Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, probably dates me huh?? Not even sure if they were WWF but they were entertaining with their antics!
  • apoouahi
    apoouahi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk and Macho Man
  • JLand918
    Options
    STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN he had the perfect attitude in my opinion, just did what wanted and if you didnt like the it was two middle fingers at ya! :)
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Old School: Superfly - Jimmy Snuka (sp?) / Legion of Doom (pick either one)

New cool: The Viper/ John Cena
  • reteed
    reteed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The saddest event was the death of Owen Hart. May he rest in peace.
    Our family was there that night when he fell in Kansas City. At first we thought it was all part of the show. Very sad.
  • RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh yeeeeeaaaah!! DIG IT?? It's the Macho Man! DUH! I miss the good old days of wrestling when everyone was on roids and coke. Now they're all healthy-ish!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    As just a funny side note....growing up, my dad worked for a big airline based out of Denver. That is a major hub for cross country travel and anyone traveling back in the day usually had to go through Denver....anywho, my dad got to meet a lot of these pro wrestlers as they would fly through catching connecting flights. He met the Hulk and Andre the giant just to name a few. He would tell me about how they were all friends in real life (they sit togther on the plane even) and it was all an act. I would argue with him until I was blue in the face that he was wrong....it's so funny how naive kids can be about this stuff. Now all the kids believe reality TV is real too, lol! Gosh I miss those days of "believing"....
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    As just a funny side note....growing up, my dad worked for a big airline based out of Denver. That is a major hub for cross country travel and anyone traveling back in the day usually had to go through Denver....anywho, my dad got to meet a lot of these pro wrestlers as they would fly through catching connecting flights. He met the Hulk and Andre the giant just to name a few. He would tell me about how they were all friends in real life (they sit togther on the plane even) and it was all an act. I would argue with him until I was blue in the face that he was wrong....it's so funny how naive kids can be about this stuff. Now all the kids believe reality TV is real too, lol! Gosh I miss those days of "believing"....

Andre the Giant sitting with others in a plane? He didn't fit in seats of commercial airliners... on the rare occasions he would fly, he would have to be in the cargo area (and extremely hammered as he is notorious for having hated flying). Most wrestlers just drive/carpool from one town to the next and don't travel by plane much.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options

Andre the Giant sitting with others in a plane? He didn't fit in seats of commercial airliners... on the rare occasions he would fly, he would have to be in the cargo area (and extremely hammered as he is notorious for having hated flying). Most wrestlers just drive/carpool from one town to the next and don't travel by plane much.

Just because he met him doesn't mean that they flew via his airline....they do fly into airports in private planes as well. And yes...many of them did travel by plane. This was also in the 70's and early 80's. My point was that these guys are all friends and not really enemies...that was the part that I wanted to get across.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Know-your-role-and-SHUT-YOUR-MOUTH.jpg
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Too many to just pick one. Randy Macho Man Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Jake The Snake, Brutus The Beefcake, Jimmy Supa Fly Snuka and of course Hulk Hogan
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I like how the WWF Divas were their own kind o f sexy. They were very in shape but still had some meat on them. For example..

trishstratuswwefemalewr.jpg

ohhhh, now if we are talking the Diva's , then heck yay, Trish Stratus is my favorite of all time.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    stonecold..and ...triple H =)