Do you tell all?

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I tyr to log everrything. From time to time I might have like a small nibble of a cookie that my son offered, or 2 french fries that my husband offered- too hard to figure calories- so I go for a brisk 15 minute walk (not logged either) and call it even. That it only about once a week, tops.

**And I find sometimes I either turn omething down for not wanting to bother figuring out 1/2 of a 1/8 of whatever... OR sometimes I will say "Oh, well, I might as well eat 5 crackers, make it a full serving so I can record it easier"
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I may not log the lettuce/tomato/onion on my sandwich if I'm feeling lazy. But candy doesn't count as small stuff -- it's calorically dense and nutritionally deficient. Gotta log it.

^^^

I'm too lazy to log veggies most of the time - I will log oil used to cook them, or high calorie seasonings (sugar, etc) but otherwise I get lazy.

But stuff like candy is a lot of calories for a small amount - ALL of my sandwich and side veggies for the day might add up to 50 cals, but 3 little chocolate covered caramels will be like 200. Big difference.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If I don't log it, it doesn't count right? So I normally omit logging of candy, ice cream, french fries. Works for me.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Everything but my Altoids! And I could log those - I know that three mints is a serving size and have 10 calories (I think). But I don't have them daily.

Everything else gets logged, everything I eat or drink.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    I sometimes miss out really bad stuff, like if I get a takeaway very late at night, or eat like a whole packet of biscuits. I mean, these things don't happen that often anymore and if they do I usually log them but sometimes is like... nah, we pretend that never happened. It is just embarrassing and also akward for my friends here like what they supposed to say??? When I was a teenager the various drs and dieticians always made me do food dairys and they was total works of fiction!! Least nowaday they mainly are correct!
    xxxxxx
  • Cachou99
    Options
    I log it all. For me, it's the only way to stay on track
  • absolutnonsense
    Options
    Everything, apart from on the occasional 'day off', like when we had people round for dinner and made a whole bunch of tapas which would have destroyed my brain to try and calculate, or if I've given myself a weekend of not thinking about it like this last weekend when I was away at a festival. Sure, it'll probably mean it takes me a bit longer to hit my goal, but I certainly wasn't going to be standing in a field with hardly any phone battery trying to work out how long I'd been walking vs how many ciders vs what was in that burger again...

Been okay so far!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't skip candy, but if I have ONE fry or ONE bite of a rice cake or ONE breath mint, I don't bother.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I don't care if I go over.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone skip logging candy? That's one of those things you have to watch out for! :laugh:

I don't log spices or diet soda. Mostly a laziness thing.
  • cragen01
    cragen01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I log everything everyday. Sometimes I might grab something and forget to add it, but I never intentionally skip something. I feel like not logging something will only hurt my success, and I like being able to look back and see what I have been eating and how I have been working out to judge my performance.
  • sfuller911
    Options
    I don't log the 5 cal Crystal Light type stuff ever.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    When I log I log everything.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't log sugar free gum, although I chew a lot!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I log it all well except like vitamins, gum, medicine, ect
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone skip logging candy? That's one of those things you have to watch out for! :laugh:

I don't log spices or diet soda. Mostly a laziness thing.

Agreed on the spices
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i count every last chocolate chip
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many times I have said no to something because I didn't want to log it!

haha i do the same! :tongue:
  • KetMed28
    KetMed28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i count everything..even light snack!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I honestly log everything, even if I know it'll put me over, I want it on record. I even keep a log during my day on my Nook Tablet so I don't forget anything (don't have a smartphone so I enter things in when I get home). I might be weird but I don't feel guilty if it goes into the red a little because I know it doesn't happen often (maybe 3 or 4 times since I started almost 3 months ago) and I'll get back on track the next day. I even log a bottle of water with lunch, dinner, ect even though I also click the water glasses to track that below. I just like seeing what I ate/drank when.