What's the worst that can happen? (on a run)

Options

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Worst thing for me- MY BRA BREAKS! I don't even walk around the house without a bra because I have bigger boobs and my shoulders can't take it!

Also, one time my dad was out on a run and got attacked by a dog. He had a few unkind words with the lady and then she called him a child molestor and called the cops on him. WTF?

My bra broke on the first date with my hubby.. So I decided to go with it and take everything else off. Married 5 years.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    My very first cross-country race in college, I got the trots during the start of the 3rd mile and ranin a panic into the woods to find a spot to relieve myself. Unfortunately, as I exited the woods, I ran directly into some kind of mud bog and sank to my waist! I was stuck. I managed to pull myself out by tree branches, and hobbled to the finish line covered in thick, black mud. Worst part was, my coach said after mile 2, I was going faster than he had ever seen me. Needless to say, I didn't break any records that day, and was mercilessly teased for a while.
  • got2bstrong
    Options

Thank you!
    :)

WORST nightmare. HANDS DOWN!
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Nearly to car after a 4-miler. Reach into pocket to pull out single car key. Key is not there, nor is it in any other pocket. Check ignition--not there either. Realize that it must be somewhere--possibly as far as 2 miles away. Arrrgh!
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    Hooray for poop stories!!

All the following have happened to me-

1) Having to poo really bad. Get to the point where you have to duck behind a tree and take care of business only to realize while you are looking for the perfect leaf that a child is playing on a swing set less than 50ft away. And why do you notice the child? Because she is not shrieking and running towards her house yelling for her mother.

2) Running with dogs. Being a responsible dog owner I pick up their poo. While running I sometimes tie the bags to my waist belt until I can find a trash can. One time a bag had a tear and after I started smelling a VERY STRONG dog poo smell I looked down to see it smeared all over my torso, hips and legs. Still had to travel 5 miles home. :(

3) Having to pee really bad while trail running. Made it to my secret hidy-hole only to find it was occupied by two lovers.. I think I ruined the moment by dropping trow.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Oh my... that would have to be the worst, aside from injury & death. Lol!
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have to get up super early to run before work and a few times, I was getting a late start and couldn't go to the bathroom before I left. About halfway through the run and at least 2 or more miles away from my house, it hits me and I have to hold it all the way back. It sucks, it is painful, and I end up having stomach issues for at least half the day. After a couple times of that happening, I really try hard to get up early enough to give my body enough time to take care of that process before leaving for my run.
  • gracieabem
    Options
    My phobia used to be... trip on a tree root along a trail, fall down an embankment into a creek, hit my head on a rock, drown in six inches of water, and not be found until feral cats eat my face.

The worst that actually happened? Realized after about one mile that my ankle kinda hurt, ran another mile home, ankle hurt more, ended up with a stress fracture and on the bench for 6 weeks. But I spent that 6 weeks playing video games and self-medicating with chocolate, so it wasn't so bad. :laugh:

Lol, you've got a vivid imagination. I'm so glad you didn't get eaten by feral cats!

It's far from the worst thing that could happen on a run, but on Wednesday I went running with the local club and the course they had mapped out had us going over the bridge. I have a mild uneasiness of bridges (far from a full blown phobia, else I wouldn't have gone) and the last time I went over the bridge was by myself and it was rather hard. I just had to keep looking ahead and not down. I've somehow got the fanciful idea that if I jog over it, it just might decide to collapse. It is rather old after all. ;) But yet I have no problem driving over it. Mmm... Unfortunately, once I got over it (victory!!!), I had to psych myself up for the return journey. I'm pleased to announce that it wasn't a big deal this time surrounded by other runners. Thanks other runners. :D
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Lol! Seems like everyone's got the horrible trots stories! I plan my run now to pass places with public restrooms- my best route has 2 hospitals and a public park with port-a-potties, and a couple gas stations. I will usually buy a water or something if I have to use the gas station ones. The Hospital ER ones are the cleanest, and generally it's a justified emergency if I need to use them!

ETA: The hospital ERs also have water fountains I refill at. Overall, A+ for running route inclusion.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    1) shart
    2) bloody man nips from chafing (thank god for little round band-aids)

@ 1 - just finding out that so many others experience this has relieved me (did you catch that? oh yeah, I'm awesome.)
    @ 2 - I will never complain about my uncomfortable running bras ever again because the alternative has me terrified
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    1. Coyote/Wolf jumps out of the bushes
    2. A freakin' Bear jumps out of the bushes
    3. Run through a spider web and the spider is still crawling on your shirt without you knowing it.
    4. My personal favorite: Crappy running shoes or didn't put them on right and the bloody ankles.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Thank you!
    :)

WORST nightmare. HANDS DOWN!

My worst nightmare would be running behind this guy..........
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Knicker elastic snapping! I had to cut them off my legs using a key and throw them away without taking my jogging bottoms off. Knickerless jogging was quite liberating though.....
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    For me actually mountain lions and bears, although they mostly stay away from humans. I live at the edge of wilderness, but I love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything or any other place. :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Knicker elastic snapping! I had to cut them off my legs using a key and throw them away without taking my jogging bottoms off. Knickerless jogging was quite liberating though.....

:X hehehe
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Oh, it's also extremely annoying when you have one earpiece of your headphones short out. Possibly, more annoying than the music dying completely. Very minor, but annoying none the less.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was on a long run and had to pee. Ducked behind a bush and decided to try pulling my shorts aside instead of pulling them right down because two runners had told me they did it that way. I guess I wasn't very co-ordinated because when I started to run I felt a wet short flapping against my leg! I had to hide in the bushes and call my husband to come and get me- and make sure he put an old towel on the seat LOL!