Perfect Female Body Measurements-thought?

Options
1235»

Replies

• RavenHershey0107
    Options
    Depending on a persons build "ideal measurements" will be different from person to person. My measurements are 36-25-36 and for me it is ideal, but I have always had that shape even when I was obese. My mom on the other hand is apple shaped so her "ideal measurements" would be different. I have read studies about there being and ideal waist to hip ratio which I think is .7' but even then some people will not be able to meet that standard. Imo we reduce ourselves to numbers way to often. We are more than numbers and we should be proud of the whole package.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Yeah, baby ... when it comes to females, Cosmo ain't got nothin'
    to do with my selection. 36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3"

^this :laugh:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    What Motley Crue said...."38 28 28" LOL....
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    There is no perfect measurment, to ask this question is to have a mental disorder.

thinking someone has a mental disorder for asking this question is what is interesting to me. such a weird statement to make.

lol agree - i don't think speculating on the size and shape of the perfect woman is listed as a diagnostic criterion in the ICD-10 lol!
  • rmbslo
    rmbslo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is a perfect measurment or weight. I simply was putting it out there. I think you need to feel good and take care of your body. It is just interesting to me the things people say and come up wth that can affect how a woman views her body. I can begin to understand why there is such a problem with girls and body image issues. I would never want anyone to mis-understand my post. I was not saying I feel there is a perfect size or measurement, I was just simply posted an article I read and wanting feed back. You cannot achieve something that is not realistc and all body and body structures is unique.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    There can be no universal "perfect". It depends on height and body shape, and neither of those are anything we can control.

I'm 5'9" and pear shaped. I will never make that "perfect" set of measurements without cosmetic surgery, which I have no intentions of getting. Right now I'm 35-28-39. I doubt my hips will ever make it to 36 inches without my upper body looking emaciated. Already I need to build up the muscles in my chest so you can't see my ribs, and I'm still at around 25% body fat.

As far as the waist-to-hip ratio, I'm around .72. But I need to reduce body fat percentage, so not even that is "perfect".

Some would look at me and think I'm too skinny. Others might think I'm just right. I think I need to be more fit, but I'm happy too. the most important is to have a healthy body image, take care of yourself, and be healthy.
  • anniebonnie
    anniebonnie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think the perfect female body measurements are the ones that you can obtain naturally and without any form of self...manipulation. AKA surgery and starvation diets. Especially the latter:/
  • kochou
    kochou Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i swear i'm a total "pear" 29-25-36. i was just born with my hips set wide apart, i guess. LOL
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Interesting...since I lost most of my boobs during my weightloss journey, I am (last time I checked) 32-24-35.
    And I think I'm damn near perfect! :wink:
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    There can be no universal "perfect". It depends on height and body shape, and neither of those are anything we can control.

I'm 5'9" and pear shaped. I will never make that "perfect" set of measurements without cosmetic surgery, which I have no intentions of getting. Right now I'm 35-28-39. I doubt my hips will ever make it to 36 inches without my upper body looking emaciated. Already I need to build up the muscles in my chest so you can't see my ribs, and I'm still at around 25% body fat.

As far as the waist-to-hip ratio, I'm around .72. But I need to reduce body fat percentage, so not even that is "perfect".

Some would look at me and think I'm too skinny. Others might think I'm just right. I think I need to be more fit, but I'm happy too. the most important is to have a healthy body image, take care of yourself, and be healthy.

Mine is .72 as well, and not even close to perfect; I need to reduce body fat percentage too even though I don't have much weight to lose. I just need to work on how what that weigh is composed of - which is why I'm here.

The perfect female body measurements are a mental construct; even if you see a woman who looks perfect to you (not you specifcially) her own perception might be way off 'perfect'.
  • Jamiejlow
    Options
    Honestly I do think that the perfect body measurement is what makes you feel great. Yet I noticed that alot of celeb body measurements have a deficit between waist and hips. So try to make sure you have some variation in number between waist and hips (like 36-27-38). Just my thoughts...I'm going for 38-27-38. I just gotta lose more on my waist and I'm there. Good Luck!!!!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    98.6 degrees fahrenheit is just about right, in my opinion.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I simply thought it was something interesting to think about! I am sure I am not the only one who has wondered. LOL

I'm with you on this :) - great topic!! Thanks x
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Even if there was a "perfect" set of measurements, it's going to look different on different heights of women. A very short woman could be quite buxom and curvy at 36 - 26 - 36, whereas a very tall woman would look slender with the same measurements.

I'm sure that waist to hip-ratio is partially genetic. I've always had a good waist to hip ratio, regardless of whether I was normal weight or severely obese - nothing to do with diet or exercise. I don't think it's necessarily something you can aim for (even though we're encouraged to!).
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The waist to hip ratio thing made me curious. Mine is 0.71 it turns out.

Blah.

All the ways women try to make themselves feel inadequate...;-;...
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It totally is, lol.
    How come men never ask this stuff? What is a man's perfect measurement?

It's not the size of the boat that matters...
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The best measure for a woman is the way she feels when encircled in my arms. You can't really put a number on that though. Perfection is feeling safe, warm, wanted, and cared about when holding her and it's as simple as that.

And this is the absolute sweetest, best response I've read in a long time!!!:flowerforyou: