Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Aww there's a ghosts thread. I just posted one of my scary stories in the sleep paralysis thread. Should I copy and paste?

YES!!!
    :)
  • 4d9r
    4d9r Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. Love all these stories!
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    No more ghostie stories??? :sad:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    The duplex I live in has a ghost cat...seriously. One nite on the verge of falling asleep I felt something pulling the covers trying to climb up on the bed. Needless to say I freaked out jumped out of bed & turned on the light....nothing there. The next time I just laid in the bed & could feel little paws stepping on the comforter beside my leg, when I turned on the flashlight ( I was prepared this time) once again nothing. So apparently it's a sweet ghost kitty & since I'm allergic to live cats it's the perfect pet. LOL

We also joke about a ghost cat in our apartment. We've both felt not just cover movement but actual paw pads on us when we're in bed only to look up and discover both our cats asleep across the room. The real clincher though, was when my Cousin brought her three year old over. He insisted there were three cats in the apartment - an orange one (ours), a black one (ours)... and a 'lellow one'.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My shop is in a Victorian building with 4 floors and a basement. There are lots of odd noises as all old buildings have. One day I was in the shop with the door open, I was behind the counter going through new stock lists, I looked up and saw a little old lady wearing a raincoat walking alone the aisle, I left it a moment and went to ask if she needed any help.

There was no one there.

When the shop was built in 1898, the top floor was an apartment, the little girl of the family lived there all her life and died as an old lady in the apartment.

Do you think it could have been her?
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump bump =)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    All right, I have a story from my cousin.

She used to live in a basement suite. She says at night a little girl would come into her room and sit on the end of her bed. The little girl was scared of the 'bad man' outside. Of course my cousin never SAW the little girl. She says she could just 'feel' her. Like, her physical weight on the bed.

As for the bad man. Well, he would hang out in the basement rec room. My cousin never saw him but her sister did and it scared the poor girl out of her mind.

AND I have a fortune telling story?

My family and I had to stay at this hotel once. We, every last one of us, had bizarre 'visions'. While my mother was resting in the room she had a 'waking vision' of a young man. She swears he whispered to her and told her that he had been killed in the room and he warned her that we were next. While I was in the kitchenette area (separated from the bedroom area and not knowing what was happening with her) I had a vision of someone being shot and dying by the coffee table (it was the weirdest, most vivid 'daydream' I've had in my LIFE), my sister didn't have a vision but she felt like her life was threatened and my little niece, who was in the kitchenette area with us because she wouldn't stay in the bedroom, kept talking about the 'dark door'. She couldn't sleep because the dark door was scaring her. She kept asking us to take Granny out of the bedroom because of the 'dark door'. Well, none of us could sleep but we all pretended it was just because we were excited about the wedding we'd just been to.

Eventually we all decided to leave because my mother was sick and we wanted to take her to the hospital. On the way out we discovered bullet holes in one of the walls and a blood stain on the carpet by the coffee table (weird how we didn't notice this earlier!) AFTER leaving we started talking and realized we had all had these weird experiences. Of course we didn't know what to make of it. My mother won't talk about the whole thing anymore. She just refuses to. The night it happened she kept hinting that the 'man' had told her more but she refused to tell us what. She just kept saying it was too horrible to repeat.

I don't know if it means anything but it was really bizarre that we all felt like we were in mortal danger and all had these weird, intense visions of death. I haven't experienced anything like that before or since! I have too many bizarre experiences. Maybe crazy runs in my family?

My theory? My mother's vision of the young man and the things he said to her was inspired by how sick she was - a kind of waking dream, if you will. My weird little vision was just a response to stress and my niece ... well, I dunno. Maybe she just doesn't like the dark? HAHA!

BUT best part? As soon as we were on the road and away from that place, my mother's sickness was gone. Just POOF. Gone. She was fine. That part kind of weirded everyone out.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    A little more than a year after my grandpa had passed, I was back at their place for a visit. My grandpa was a carpenter and had a workshop in the garage. I went out just to sit in his old stool. Smell the smells, close my eyes and remember him in that context. After awhile I decided to go back inside and as I opened the door I said aloud, "I love you grandpa. Miss you". In that moment I heard him say "Hi sweetheart". The hair on my neck stood up and I swung around to see him but of course, nothing there. I'd love to have that happen again but it never has. That was almost 8 years ago.

Oh my gosh, THAT gave me the goose bumps all over my body.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm eagerly waiting for something to convince me ghosts exist, because I fully intend to spend any afterlife I get haunting the hell out of certain people, but alas, so far no luck.
  • northernnative33
    northernnative33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    my old place were i use to live with my first daughter....hubby got some experience...i thought nothing of it...until i get some...like hearing draggig of the feet on the winter mats in the porch, fan breaking in half, crib slammed down, pokings, tuggings, hearing someonen saying hey you beside my ear...doors opening..yep...but when it happens its all on the lowe half ...never way on top..so we think its a child...a mother before lived there has some experience...now a new tenant has them....im thinking of having a medicine man to have that child go back into the vortex.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'm eagerly waiting for something to convince me ghosts exist, because I fully intend to spend any afterlife I get haunting the hell out of certain people, but alas, so far no luck.

I didn't believe in ghosts until one used my bathroom and flushed my toilet. ... ): Stupid toilet flushing ghost.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I didn't believe in ghosts until one used my bathroom and flushed my toilet. ... ): Stupid toilet flushing ghost.

hahahaha...did he put the seat down? lmao
  • strangewebby
    Options
    bump for later
  • mariekphillips21
    Options
    Bump for later! Love true ghost stories and experiences!
  • sapph1rre
    sapph1rre Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Anymore?
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My first college room mate and I didn't really get along well while we were living together. One night I crawled into my top bunk, as she was turning out the light. As she was crawling into her own bed, I felt a blast of cold air. I was mad bc I was already cold, and the air didn't need to be on, and let her know. She swore up and down that she didn't turn the air on. I told her I felt really cold air on my face, so she didn't need to lie to me, I knew it was on, but she just told me I was creeping her out, bc she really didn't turn it on. Not 2 seconds after she said that, the fire alarms went off. We found out when we got outside that someone on another floor had their microwave catch fire. About 2 weeks after that, I found out that the University is supposedly haunted by a former Dean, who died in a fire in one of the Halls.
  • kjbbdoll
    Options
    More stories? I miss the good reads!
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I used to work in St Paul's Cathedral in Dundee (Scotland), the church itself is only 200 years old or thereabouts. However there was a castle on the site dating back to about 640AD. There is an area in the basement of the cathedral called the vestry where we keep all the robes and stuff. One morning (about 7:30 and it was still dark) where I heard a load of crashing around in the vestry, to the extent I thought we were being robbed. I ran downstairs shouting with a candlestick and there was nothing! Not a person, nothing moved, nothing broken.

This wasn't the only thing, I was talking to my mum and she saw a figure move from the pulpit towards us and disappear about 10 feet from us. And on another occasion, the organ played itself. I don't mean a little toot, I mean full on music.

And I won't even go into the footsteps that you could hear going about.

Weird old place...
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    This one is from yesterday. I was sitting at the work computer, and felt someone put their hand on my head.... Then, whoever it was (I was completely alone in an isolated room) started flicking and tugging my hair. I'm a fill in at this job, the lady who had this job for 20+ years passed away on Tuesday, the girls told me she'd always joked that she'd come back and haunt the place.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I think I *may* have one! The other morning I was getting my son ready for school and I got a place mat out for him to eat on and placed it on the table. I went to get his juice and came back and there was one of the cat's toy mice sitting right on it. Both cats were just sitting there quietly not playing or anything. I found that very strange!