Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Replies

• I have had a ghost rearrange a room on me at work, plus open the cabinets. Opens kids doors, makes things fly across the room. Its a ball working night. (sarcasm)
  • Its not a ghost story, but I had a paranormal experience.
    I was 16 when my grandfather died. He was in good health and we had no reason to think at 64 that he was going to have a sudden brain aneurysm and die.
    It was a Saturday and I was sleeping a little later than usual. Suddenly I was told, bluntly in my dream that my grandfather had died. I woke up with my heart pounding, like I had just had a terrible nightmare. A few seconds later the phone was ringing. I knew that it was a bad call. It was my aunt calling hysterical to tell us what had happened.
  • OliLloyd
    OliLloyd Posts: 61 Member
    I don't believe in ghosts or anything like that, but what I do know is that I suffer from sleep paralysis. Does anyone else ?Now that is an interesting thing. I often think I see all kinds of things, ghouls, monsters, old ladies, family members.. I think i hear screams, moans and the like.. it's crazy
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Was really keen on reading this thread ... until I got to the third post. I actually can't bring myself to scroll down to read what happened - BECAUSE I'M TOO SCARED!
  • When I was little my parents, my sister and brother and I moved into this little apartment. And I almost immediately started having night terrors. I was about 3. My mom said I had them almost every night. I would always be screaming and crying in my sleep, but when my mom came and woke me up I couldn't remember anything. It obviously scared me though because when she asked what the dream was about I couldn't talk because I was crying so hard. Also my sister and I had bunk beds and she had the top bunk. Well there was a vent above our door that faced right on her. So in the winter my sister started telling my mom that she was cold all of the time at night, which my mother knew had to be impossible because laying in front of that heater she would start sweating. Then right before we moved out of that apartment my sister said she heard a little boying crying for help one night. Many years later after we had moved my mom confessed to us that there had been a little boy who had lived there before us that had accidentally choked himself to death playing some kind of game in the closet of the bedroom my sister and I shared. She never wanted to tell us before because she thought that we were too young and that might make things worse. Even thinking about all of this now gives me goosebumps and freaks me out:indifferent:!
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Our offices were temporarily housed in an renovated nursing home, that was definitely haunted. I used to work alone alot of nights and weekends, but gave up because of hearing footsteps and voices often. That is my scary ghost happening, but I put angels in the ghosts/spirits bucket and those I consider good happenings. I lost my dad 4 years ago to lung and heart issues. He was always feeding the geese and ducks at the pond at the back of their house. He always said he was waiting to get swans to land. The day he died he told my mom he saw them fly over and was so sure he could get them to land in his pond. Heart failure took his life that evening, but the morning of his funeral (we have the pictures) three white swans were swimming beautifully on the pond. They stayed just two days and we have never seen them again. No one can convince me that the angels aren't with us.
  • bump
  • Bump to read later. Love these stories, I have had a few of my own in an old houe, nothing bad but just obvious things happening that were very strange.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Bumping for a halloween read.

Eh may as well add my own while I'm here. I grew up an old house in Leicestershire, England (well, old by American standards, not really by English ones - late 1800s). One summer I started to hear a scratching in my wall. After it kept me awake for a week or so I told my parents. My room had a chimney breast but my dad had pulled out the old fireplace, sealed it off, and put a small book case in its place, but the top of the chimney was still open and occasionally birds or critters would get in and get stuck in the space behind the bookshelf. So we tore the whole bookshelf out but there was nothing behind it.

The scratching continued, night after night. I was young but old enough to be skeptical and I just figured it must be a mouse in the walls, scratching around the inside of the skirting boards or whatever. I just lived with it, figuring whatever animal it was would die or leave sooner or later and I could get some rest. No such luck, the scratching carried on for months. The curious thing - and this is where is goes beyond my capability for rational explanation - is that I discovered that I could "ask" it to happen and sure enough it scratched on command. It creeped me out at first but after a while it just got fascinating. I would lie in bed, in silence and then say "scratch" and immediately it would start up - scratch scratch scratch, carry on for twenty seconds or so and then quit again. I even found out I could just "think" about the sound and it would happen. It was like it was tuned into my brain.

I can hear all the skeptics in here thinking 'perception bias' and yes, that's quite probably it. I was only in my early teens after all. Not exactly Sherlock Holmes.

And then there was the last night. There was a space of just five minutes where the scratching came from *everywhere*. It was so loud it woke me up in the middle of the night. I sat up in bed and it was all around - the walls, the floor, the cieling, jut going crazy. It sounded like a million rats all trying to get through the walls. I called my folks and the second I did, the noise stopped and it never came back again.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    stfulauren's story about the sinking cushion reminded me of my fathers experiences. Not to go into details but his own dad used to beat him with a fire poker so as soon as he was old enough he ran away from home. He was taken in by a couple who owned an old farmhouse (which was actually in the same street as the house I grew up in) and slept in the converted attic room. He always claimed, with deadly seriousness, that all the time he stayed in that house, whenever he slept he could hear heavy breathing on the pillow beside him, as if something invisible was asleep in the same bed. But because he had nowhere else to go he just forced himself to get used to it. :noway:
  • almmiles
    almmiles Posts: 21 Member
    bumping for more.
  • BlueGenius
    BlueGenius Posts: 103 Member
    sometimes, late at night, after a few beers and taco bell, I smell the smell of death coming from under the table..

LOL, gas?
  • my teacher told me this story that happened to him and his mate..

i cant quite remember it as he told it when i was in yr 7 but here it goes...

him and his friend went camping in the bushes, then stuff happened they heard noise saw stuff etc (sorry cant remmmember the details).. anyways then they got too scared ran home and his mum asked where they were camping and she said a girl died there 2 weeks ago didnt youse hear on the news?...

preety freaky :/
  • almmiles
    almmiles Posts: 21 Member
    sometimes, late at night, after a few beers and taco bell, I smell the smell of death coming from under the table..

Gotta be gas. Be careful that stuff can be deadly
  • QUOTE:

Gotta be gas. Be careful that stuff can be deadly

uhmmm, not sure... my neighborhood is haunted I think.. women's breasts suddenly get larger naturally and teenage girls get pregnant without having sex with anyone. It is creepy.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    My boyfriend was camping for the night the first time we have been away from each other at night since I moved into my new house a few mo ths ago I was lyeimg in bed and got woke by someone shakeing my arm I ignored it and went bk asleep this time I was half asleep scared and it happend again I didn't feel intimidated or scared as in terrified but I just put my head under the quilt and went to sleep haha x
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    bump in the night
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    My dad died last week exactly...one week ago and his visiuation was Friday night. At the visitation my middle son asked if I would come up to the casket so he could say his goodbyes and I did and as he was talking to Grandpa he said He was the best Grandpa in the whole world and that he was so proud of him and as he said that the flowers on the casket moved independently of each other. At first it didn't register but then after a few seconds it did and my son saw it too and I told him that was Grandpa telling him he was proud of him too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

.....p.s. I miss you daddy

Sorry for your loss. :cry: Take care of yourself and your family.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    They almost always happen around the death of a family member.
  • bump