Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    There's one that keeps eating my lunches at the office. Very spooky.

I had that one.

Ghosts can't undo locks. Get a lock for your lunch.

I saw a ufo. Aliens? Don't know. But it was def an object I could not identify. And my aunt had a ghost. She was living alone, worked on a ranch. Tv kept being moved upstairs (she never went up there) At night she always heard footsteps. She had a cleansing to get rid of it. Now she says she kind of misses it after it being there so long.
  • lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump for more reading
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Growing up we lived in an old farm house. my dad would often hear the laughter of children in the middle of the night, and the sounds of someone cooking - pots clanging etc, but only in the middle of the night.

we would also hear doors banging - really loudly - but couldnt figure out how, and which door.

another freaky thing which i saw - and not sure i believe in - i visited a religious figure after a spate of bad luck and horrible experiences. this man was supposedly able to tell if there were people who were jealous of you or cursing you.

in front of my eyes, after asking me to say a few things about myself like the names of parents and date of birth, i saw an object spin around in the air, without aid . freaky!! (this was meant to indicate that there were indeed people wishing ill-happenings upon me)

thank God for prayer :)
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    This one time I heard a scratching at my bedroom door and strange poofs of wind blow across the sheets as I lay there in my bed holding my breath and afraid to move. Then the sound started to come from another corner of the room, rummaging around on the papers and clothes on the floor. At this point I was freaking out. Since the sound was behind me, I opened my eyes to see if there was any light or shadows to give me an idea of what was out there (head under covers). No lights, but enough light from my Live Nudes sign that only had the “N” lit up. So I was able to see the faint lightness and darkness changing on the walls. I thought I heard a voice but could not make out what it was. Help me, it said. Then it started to tug at foot of my bed. Kinda pulling at the sheets, slowly climbing up the bed. A hand grabs my foot and squeezes and I lost it, I kicked and screamed and flew out of bed. Clicked on the lights and there was my drunk girlfriend, she had fallen out of bed and was trying to find her way back. I forgot she spent the night. Usually I just give her money and she goes home. :happy:

lol!! reading this freaked me out .. anti-climax!
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    When I was 14 I was sleeping in my bed, normally I sleep with my tv on but this time I played a dvd. When I play a dvd in my tv once the movie is over my tv shuts itself off. Well I woke up in the middle of the night to the tv off, and a very heavy weight all over my body. Any part of my body that was out of the blanket was so weighed down I could not move, but my fingertips that were up by my head I could still wiggle. This went on for what felt like forever, because I also couldn't speak/yell/anything. My room was near pitch black at the time. Out of nowhere I felt the weight lift off of me and I felt completely normal again. Freaked out as I was I just assumed that maybe I was just dreaming or half asleep. Two nights later the exact same thing happened, except this time, in addition to the weight on my body and no abillity to speak, I heard what sounded like a man breathing heavily in my ear, almost as if he was laying on top of me (while I was sleeping on my back) and then I heard him say "wouldn't the word HELP be nice?" As if he was mocking my inability to speak. Eventually the weight lifted at once just like last time. Since both times this happened when I slept in a pitch black quiet room , I refuse to sleep without a tv on.
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump... I'm gonna read these Halloween night :)))
  • cyndi2012
    cyndi2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    These are awesome :happy: bump...
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    26 yrs ago my grandmother was asleep and woke up screaming and crying.....screaming omg and crying my sisters name. my grandfather tried to calm her down. she kept saying that my sister died and had come to say goodbye. ( my grandparents lived 800 miles away from us). my grandfather told her it was just a bad dream. ( my sister was a healthy 21 yr old, except that she had asthma). 10 mins after my grandmother had woke up screaming, their phone rang....it was my dad. he was calling to tell them that my sis had been at bingo when she suddenly had an asthma attack and died. i was so upset for the longest time that my sis had gone to say goodbye to my grandmother and not me. her and i were very close.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Bump! :drinker:
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump, want to read the rest when its daylight :smile:
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    Love this stuff!!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've lived in 3 haunted houses. The one that is the most remarkable for activity was the first. Everyone knew about the original ghost who was the man that built the neighborhood. He had kept the house because there was an underground stream that made the walls sweat under it and he was too ethical to sell it. He had died of a heart attack in the back yard. No tree would grow in the spot where he died till my mother planted an Althea there. She told him it was his tree to take care of. It grew from less than 2 feet tall to over 6 feet in one summer. He also didn't like sneaks. My sister would sneak into my room and he would play tricks on her. He also tended to pull tricks on her when she would go into the kitchen which was right by my room. We also had an aunt that came to stay with us there for a year after she died. She did house work. We would find the laundry or dishes washed. She was in bad health as an adult due to a congenital heart problem so I think she did things she couldn't do after she passed. There were some other incidents in that house but that's all for now.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I also took care of my mom at the end of her life. She moved in with my husband and I after my dad died and she lived with me for 10 months before she passed. She was not very seriously ill until the last 4 weeks of her life, and even then she had a very sharp mind excetp when she got Sundowners in those last few weeks - if you're not familiar with that, it's a state of confusion that happens after the sun goes down, and it goes away when morning comes. It's very weird and common in old people near end of life. No one is quite sure why it happens.

Anyway, in the last few weeks of her life she saw A LOT of people no one else could see, and it was happening even in the middle of the day when she wasn't having Sundowners confusion! The first time I realized this was happening was when I was taking care of her one morning, giving her her medication. We had been having very normal, lucid conversation and she was very alert and I could tell that the confused state had past. The morning sun was streaming brightly into her large bedroom window.

So I was preparing to give her her med... I had a very personal and intamite job that had to be done several times per day and night, because she could not take oral medication because nothing would stay down. And because home healthcare aides are not permitted to disburse meds it was a job that only I, because I was a family member, or an RN could do. I had NO previous experience of any kind in medical or nursing matters and I was nervous about this job I had to do (a Hospice nurse taught me what to do). So I would gather everything I might possibly need and put it within easy reach, then I would sit down in front of her, take a deep breath and relax as I would begin to to this intimate job that no one should ever have to do to their mom. So I had just gotten settled and was beginning to do this job and she says to me, "Who's the man standing behind you?" And of course, we were alone in her bedroom. My first thought was that she was having confusion. I said calmly, "I don't know. What does he look like?" She said, "well, I can't tell if he's a doctor, he doesn't have a name tag, but he's wearing white." This is when I realize she is seeing an angel. I said, "what is he doing?" and she said, "he's watching you, and he's smiling." I was able to stay calm but I felt very shaky inside and when I was done with my job the home healthcare aide came in to give her a sponge bath and I left the room and went outside on my deck and sobbed my eyes out. I still tear up when I think about it.
    And every time after that when I started to work on taking care of her in that way she always talked about seeing someone (usually a child) in the room with us, or standing behind me.

She saw a lot of other people during those last weeks. Sometimes in the middle of the day, many more at night. She saw her parents and her favorite aunt, and one of her close friends that had all passed before her. And although she never said she saw my father, she told me several times that she could feel him sitting at her shoulder, just out of her sites, pulling at her and saying, "c'mon, let's go - what's taking so long!?"

She also re-lived the anguish of losing a baby, my little sister, that lived ony 21 hours. This episode happened in the middle of the night - she was definately confused at the time - and kept insisting she had to get out of bed and go after the men that took her baby. Because I suspected she was reliving the loss of my little sister I waited till the next morning, after the sun was up and she was lucid to ask her about this... I asked her if she could remember trying to get out of bed in the middle of the night to get her baby. She immediately got quiet and sad and said yes. Then I asked her who the baby was and she started to cry and told me it was Molly (my sister). She said she saw the men that took her away and she had terrible guilt that she didn't go after her. She cried as she recalled a memory from over 50 years ago when she too had almost died after that birth. She became ceptic, delirious, and had a fever of 107 for three days. At that time was herself close to death she didn't even know the baby had died. She told me, she didnt go after the men that took her baby because she was trying to protect herself. She was feeling guilty that she didn't die 50 years ago to be with her baby! And it was as real to her as though it had just happened! I told her, she had 4 other babies that needed her here, and my sister was in the arms of the Lord and was going to be fine. That calmed her down right away. Like she knew that was the absolute truth and she was at peace with it. And then she said, "Well, I've got one more thing to do." I didn't ask and she didn't tell. This was about 48 hours before she passed.

After watching someone die, and their process of preparing to die, I absolutely believe that you do relive parts of your life, making amends in a world that we can't see. And that you spend time in both worlds, acclimating to your next environment. And that there are most definately people there, waiting for you, helping you over. It's not at all scary to me. It's very comforting.

I also believe that angels watch over caregivers on a regular basis!
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a house with multiple ghosts. The house was 144 years old when my parents bought it in 1971. There was an old woman who every day at 2:45 pm would take a stroll across the hallway in the attic turn around and walk back. You could here her footsteps if you were quiet. There wer two other more nefarious presences in two other rooms of the house. You could feel them when you walked in their rooms...kind of like a chilling presence watching you. A clairvoyant once came to the house and told us that old woman controlled the other spirits (two men). This was the second and third floors of the house.

My father lived in the house since 1949 when he was 13 (he and my mother purchased it from my Grandmother). His family lived on the second and third floors of the house and his aunt lived on the first floor appartment. In 1955 Nobody heard from or saw my great-aunt for days. My father broke into her appartment to find that she had had a heart attack and keeled over in her closet of her bedroom. Ever since then the bedroom closet door would not stay shut. No matter who lived there. My aunt and uncle, my sister and eventually me. My wife never beleived in ghosts until I showed her one night. I closed the bedroom closet door and shook it to show it that it won't just pop open. The next morning the door was wide open. My parents still own the house.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    bump
  • kjbbdoll
    Options
    BOO!! Happy Halloween! Post more stores :)
  • haybrofo
    haybrofo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I was about five we moved to Idaho into a fairly big house. The house had an intercom system that had been disconnected before we moved in. Over the years of living there (parents still live there, 20 years this year) the speaker would come on randomly, like they were picking up a radio feed or something. If we tried to actually USE the intercom system it wouldn't work. I always thought this was weird, possibly something paranormal, but it didn't bother me.

Four years ago my husband and I bought the house we're currently still living in. The house was built and lived in by the same couple for about 40-50 years. When we moved in we found a big box of their belongings in the coat closet. Inside the box was birth certificates, death certificates, family photos, an old pair of baby shoes (??) and professional photos of the husband/father in his open casket... pretty spooky. I told my husband to put it somewhere, in the crawl space or the storage room, but not to get rid of it because I didn't want to piss "somebody" off. Over the last four years we've witnessed several little things, like things "jumping" off our bathroom counter, a grocery bag blowing down the hallway, a roll of paper towels rolling and unraveling down the table (without being touched by either of us) as well as a pencil rolling off the ottoman. Our house is level, we checked after these things. One time I was in the bathroom and actually watched a bottle of nail polish that was sitting far back, by the backsplash, "jump" off the counter onto the floor. Pretty nuts!

More recently, since having our son (19mo old), I've been experiencing weird dream sequences at night. Dreams of him in our bedroom playing, dreams of him crawling into bed with us. Dreams SO real but nobody is there when I wake up and he's sound asleep in his bed. Then last night I swear to God I woke up in the middle of the night and a man in a coat was standing by my side of the bed looking at me. I see a lot of shadows and stuff at night but this was a very clear outline. I sat up and turned on the light and nobody was there but my heart was racing so fast I thought I might throw up.

So those are my experiences so far! I don't mind spirits/ghosts presences being in our home, as long as they aren't hurting us and we aren't making them angry! But if it's one of them who keeps waking my son up at 3am every night, I'd love that to stop. Lol!
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Rita_Rocker
    Rita_Rocker Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    19 years ago, around 11 pm...I came home, shut the front door, locked it and walked away. Something made me look back at the door. Looked at door jam and it appeared to have sunlight beaming all the way down the jam...pushed on the door, it was locked and closed, it was dark outside. Figured since I was pregnant and tired I must be loosing my mind. Went to bed. The next a.m. when my husband came home from night shift he had actually started to come in the front door when he looked across the yard and saw the neighbor and went to chat so he only partially opened the door, left like a quarter inch crack. I walked past the door just as he was finally coming in the front door and the sunlight was beaming thru brightly, but I had seen it the night before! I looked like I had seen a ghost when my husband came thru the door...I could not speak and was not making sense, just staring and pointing at the door. Did I see into the future??? Kind of weird but that is my story and I am sticking to it!! LOL......