Twilight Saga ECLIPSE Challenge

Options
Hey everyone ...

I'm new to the forums here, but not really new to MFP. I have been a member for some time, though fell off the wagon recently & put on all the weight I lost last year - and then some! (ggrrrrr)

I would like to see if anyone would like to join me to be a healthier, slimmer version of themselves by the time the Twilight Saga's third installment - ECLIPSE - opens in theaters on June 30, 2010? That's 177 days from today, or 25 weeks. I know that seems like a REALLY long time, but how often have we sat down & said 'How is it summer time already??"

To me, this isn't so much about the challenge as it is about finding people with similar interests to gather together to motivate one another & try to succeed in the battle against obesity. I am obese, with a BMI of about 34-35 (I have to double check my actual height to get a more accurate number - I'm somewhere between 5'4" and 5'5"). I am currently about 55 pounds overweight. (I know my full weight, but there is some variation online as to what the "standard" weight is for a woman of my height, so I'll go with an average of 150 pounds for a woman of 5'5".) I would like to get down to at least 170 by the time the movie comes out, which would be a 35 pound loss in 25 weeks (about 1 1/2 pounds per week). I think this is DEFINITELY achievable.

So what do you think??? Anyone want to join me? And we can all get a bit excited over ECLIPSE's release at the same time! (And hopefully we'll hear something soon about "Breaking Dawn", too!~)

IC :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TERVIN
    TERVIN Posts: 19
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I am in! :happy:
  • alanismanson
    Options
    Sounds fun! I love the Twilight Saga! :heart:
    Let's do it!
  • asiah77
    asiah77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so in. I want to lose about the same amount of weight.:wink:
  • Willow_28
    Options
    I'll join too!!! :happy:
  • asiah77
    Options
    Does everyone want to be friends to keep in touch. I'm not sure how to find this message board again
  • njenn10
    njenn10 Posts: 16
    Options
    I would love to join! I love Twilight and think it is a great motivation to have it done by then! Sounds great! :-)
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I'm obsessed with the twilight saga lol
  • Andi1977
    Options
    Good Luck.. I must see the movie too... but I hope to make my year goal.. Thanks andi
  • IsabellaCullen
    Options
    WOW .... I wasn't expecting to get such a quick response!! :blushing: :blushing: (I so need a smiley that claps!!) I wonder if this will work ...

(oh well - HTML & IMG codes don't work here -- I didn't think they would but you never know till you try!!)

I weigh in on Mondays, and I know that today I was 206.2. :sad: :sad: :sad: That's at least 4 pounds over what I was the day that I gave birth to my daughter! :embarassed: And as a LIfetime member of Weight Watchers, that's just shameful! (Yes, I made it to my goal weight, then put it all back on again -- and then some!)

So, I want to know -- what are YOUR biggest challenges when it comes to weight loss? I'm thinking that if we talk about where we have difficulty, some others may have some great ideas on how we can try to change things or make them work better!

Mine is that I am a single mother of two and am constantly running around. I can't seem to find the time to eat healthy most of the time. We spend much too much time and money on fast food when we're out and about.

My other big challenge is my 'all or nothing' attitude. I have a bad habit of saying "oh well, I messed up so now I might as well mess up for the whole day & then get back on track tomorrow" rather than getting back on track immediately. Does anyone else do this? How do you stop from sabotaging the whole day, rather than just the one meal or snack??
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Sounds like fun!
  • asiah77
    Options
    I'm a major snacker. I also sit at my desk at work most of the time and just snack. I know that I can walk around my job during breaks but don't. I also have trouble actually getting off of my butt to exercise. I know what to do just don't have the energy most of the time to do it and stick with it.
  • TERVIN
    Options
    Does everyone want to be friends to keep in touch. I'm not sure how to find this message board again

Yes I think this would be a great idea!
  • IsabellaCullen
    Options
    What I'd like to do is to start a thread each week so that we can all connect & share how we're doing, how we've done the previous week, what we're succeeding at, what we're struggling with, and be able to provide each other with the support that we all need on this journey.

And along the way, we can chat a bit about the upcoming movie, any interviews we've seen that have piqued our interest, etc. hahaha

I am so excited to see so many people already interested in participating! Yeah!! :laugh: :laugh:

So ...I HAVE to ask ..... what team are you on ? Team Edward? Team Jacob? Team Switzerland? Who's your favorite character? Favorite book? Favorite quote?

I am one of those oddballs who isn't on either Team Jacob or Edward - I am all about Carlisle! Eclipse was my favorite book, so I am really eager to see the movie (not to mention that the interviews w/ the cast so far have me so excited!). My favorite quote is also Carlisle's and I think that it applies to our journey here as well ....

"Like everything in life, I just had to decide what to do with what I was given." Carlisle Cullen, New Moon
  • IsabellaCullen
    Options
    Excellent idea!!!

TO add each other as friends, click on the user name of the member & then click "Add as a friend". It's that easy!

I also have bookmarked this particular thread on my web browser, so I can come directly back to it when I come back to the site!

BTW -- Tervin, your wedding dress is gorgeous!!! You are glowing in your photo!
  • TERVIN
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays, and I know that today I was 206.2. :sad: :sad: :sad: That's at least 4 pounds over what I was the day that I gave birth to my daughter! :embarassed: And as a LIfetime member of Weight Watchers, that's just shameful! (Yes, I made it to my goal weight, then put it all back on again -- and then some!)

So, I want to know -- what are YOUR biggest challenges when it comes to weight loss? I'm thinking that if we talk about where we have difficulty, some others may have some great ideas on how we can try to change things or make them work better!

Mine is that I am a single mother of two and am constantly running around. I can't seem to find the time to eat healthy most of the time. We spend much too much time and money on fast food when we're out and about.

My other big challenge is my 'all or nothing' attitude. I have a bad habit of saying "oh well, I messed up so now I might as well mess up for the whole day & then get back on track tomorrow" rather than getting back on track immediately. Does anyone else do this? How do you stop from sabotaging the whole day, rather than just the one meal or snack??

Monday's sound like a good time to weigh in. Do we want to do it Weekly, Bi-Weekly or even Monthly?

My biggest challenge is sticking to the diet and exercise. I started the beginning of 2009 off by losing 25lbs in 2 months and then we went on vacation and I never got back on board when we got back. I gained all of that weight back again. Then my husband and I started in October 2009 and I lost another 15lbs but I fell off track again and now I am back to the same weight as I was at the start of 2009. I am also a big snacker and I have a desk job which means I sit at my desk all day long and don't get a lot of exersice.

I think my biggest challenge coming up is also the fact that I just picked up a part time job so on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays after work I go straight to my next job so I know that it will be a struggle trying to fit everything in with getting exercise and eating properly.

I am looking forward to this challenge and looking forward to ECLIPSE as well!! :happy:
  • TERVIN
    Options

BTW -- Tervin, your wedding dress is gorgeous!!! You are glowing in your photo!

Aww thanks! I wish I could wear it everywhere I go!
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! And thanks to the new FB like layout on MFP I saw the thread and I am in! (Hi Jenna!)

I weigh in on Mondays as well. You don't have to start a new thread, in fact, that may be harder to find. If you click on "Community" and then "My Topics" it will show you the last 25 or so threads that you have replied to, similar to a bookmark. If you start a new thread every week/month it may get harder to locate.

My weakness is good old fashioned discipline. I have none. I love food, I hate excercise, and between a full time job, part time school, and trying to have a social life I let the excercise fall through a lot. Bad Mallorie, Bad!! :tongue:

Team Jacob!!!:blushing:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG!!! I am sooooo in! I'm not Team Edward or Jacob either. (I will admit to being team Taylor, holy crap,:love: that body is amazing and yes I am too old to think those thoughts.:blushing: )

I'm also 5'4 and expecting to lose about 60 more pounds. I'm 180 now. 120 is where I was before my hormones went crazy. I'm taking thyroid meds now and working with an endochrinologist. I'm also on a medically supervised diet because I have an eating disorder. I've been trying to lose the weight since it started coming on 6 years ago. I already ate very well and exercised, so this has been very discouraging for me. At this point, I'm not setting goals because I do not know what to expect. I'm completely reliant on the doctor who knows my condition inside and out. Hes pretty certain that I can lose all this weight rather quickly by getting my chemical makeup back on track.

I can't wait till the movie comes out! Eclipse was my fave too! I'm also dying to see who they cast for Breaking Dawn! I am going to set a small simple goal right now.

When I go to see Eclipse in June, I will be wearing shorts for the first time in 7 years!

Well, I'm a bit talkitive as you can see. :laugh:

Yay! This group ROCKS!
  • alanismanson
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays too. I weigh in weekly and then I do the measurements things about once a month.
  • TERVIN
    Options
    I am 100% Team Jacob! LOL But when I say I am Team Jacob that means that I want Bella and Edward to be together so that I can have Jacob to myself... LOL J/K:laugh: