Twilight Saga ECLIPSE Challenge

Options

Replies

• HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Pam - I lost most of my weight on WW. I switched over to alorie counting at the beginning of this year when I found this site. It was really successful for me! Wishing nothing but the best for you too!

Tea - Small dinner before going to the gym is a great idea. It's what I do. I'm too tired and it's too late to snack/eat once you get home. Plus, you just worked out so your feeling too and don't want to go ruin it by adding on calories that you just burned... whereas, if you eat before you go you have the mind game that you'll just burn it off later at the gym (or at least I do), but I can only burn so many calories in one workout! Plus, actually leaving the house and going to the gym gets me off the couch and focused. When I'm home I seem to find tons of other things I can be doing instead and never actually get the workout in....although I've been really dedicated lately...

Well, time to get to work! 3 miles on the elliptical last night. Looks like I'll be hitting it again tonight... hopefully for another 3. My goal is a 10 minute mile and as of last night I've got it down to 10:30 per mile. I was at an 11 minute mile last week :bigsmile: YAY!

Have a great day all.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't checked in in a few days so I had alot of reading to do! Congrats to all the losers, welcome if your new, and......

Pam- Alcohol is my nemisis. LOL :laugh: Most people allow themselves a cookie for a treat, I choose booze!:drinker:

So this has been a crazy week for me. I had a biopsy last month in my throat and it got infected. Then this week the infection returned 100 fold. Almost ended up in the hospital. Then to top it off I got pink eye!:noway: And my semester started this week. 16 credit hours, I took on a full load. TOM also decided to show up a week early, so I was down, down, down! I hate TOM!

Well, I'm glad its friday. I have a class tonight, but I have nothing going on today and my daughter is at school. I am going to relax! I'm also going to do yoga with Bob on the Biggest Loser Wii game. I like it alot! In spite of TOM I've not gained, wwhich is cool considering I'm so bloated that I jiggle like a waterbed. I must have lost something. I only went over my cals yesterday.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: On another note:
    Please take a moment to pray for the people of Haiti. If you choose to give, text Haiti to 90999 to make a $10 donation to the Red Cross. We are truly so lucky to never have experienced the tragedies that many other countries see on a day to day basis. At this moment, nothing matters to me but sharing in the tremendous wave of LOVE towards Haiti. My problems do not compare to what those people are experiencing or have already experienced before the quake. I urge you to join me in supoporting them. Whether it is with monetary donations, spreading awareness, praying, etc. We can each make a difference, there is no such thing as a small effort when it comes to LOVE!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    WannabeaCullen: Wow that sounds tough. I hope your infection gets better soon. School is tough I just started back this week also and have 17 credits. It is a full load but I know you can handle it if I can. What are you going to school for?
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    WannabeaCullen: Wow that sounds tough. I hope your infection gets better soon. School is tough I just started back this week also and have 17 credits. It is a full load but I know you can handle it if I can. What are you going to school for?

Social work. I have this crazy belief that I can help make the world a better place one person at a time. :wink:

Glad I'm not alone here. What are you going for?

I just got home from a Friday night Poli Sci class. Nothing like a good political debate to get the weekend going. (If you count listening to a 19 yr old who lives with his parents rant about politics and consistantly interrupt the prof because apparently he knows more than the prof and the president.) {[SIGH]}:laugh:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    New Moon news:

NEW MOON DVD RELEASE DATE IS OFFICIAL!!!! 3/20!!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    That is the most exciting news I have heard all day. I went to the movie on opening night and love this movie. I can't wait for the eclipse to come out. I am sooooo excited!!!!!!!

458413.png
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I too go to school. Well, I work full-time and am going back at nights and weekends to get my degree. I will get my AA this May and am SOO excited to walk and have a piece of paper telling me the last 3 years of hell have been worth something. That being said, I got a letter today that my class that starts next Sat was cancelled from lack of enrollment. Grrr... Thankfully, it's not one I needed for the AA or I would be screwed!!

So to ALL of us who work and go to school- I give us more credit than people realize. It sucks big, hairy, monkey balls!
  • tearose
    tearose Posts: 94
    Options
    Pam - I lost most of my weight on WW. I switched over to alorie counting at the beginning of this year when I found this site. It was really successful for me! Wishing nothing but the best for you too!

Tea - Small dinner before going to the gym is a great idea. It's what I do. I'm too tired and it's too late to snack/eat once you get home. Plus, you just worked out so your feeling too and don't want to go ruin it by adding on calories that you just burned... whereas, if you eat before you go you have the mind game that you'll just burn it off later at the gym (or at least I do), but I can only burn so many calories in one workout! Plus, actually leaving the house and going to the gym gets me off the couch and focused. When I'm home I seem to find tons of other things I can be doing instead and never actually get the workout in....although I've been really dedicated lately...

Well, time to get to work! 3 miles on the elliptical last night. Looks like I'll be hitting it again tonight... hopefully for another 3. My goal is a 10 minute mile and as of last night I've got it down to 10:30 per mile. I was at an 11 minute mile last week :bigsmile: YAY!

Have a great day all.

Thanks for the tips for helping with my head trip..thats the most important part Heidi!
  • HeidiRodzen
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a successful week and your weekend is going well. I didn't have a very good calorie day today. If I hop on the elliptical I could work it off, but I'm feeling like I need this day of splurge and rest. It's the first time since using MFP that I have went over my calories. I know I can make up for it tomorrow =) Every day is a new day!

Can't wait until weigh-in on Monday, still feeling optimistic for a loss!

Exciting news about the New Moon DVD release, can't wait!!
  • tearose
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a successful week and your weekend is going well. I didn't have a very good calorie day today. If I hop on the elliptical I could work it off, but I'm feeling like I need this day of splurge and rest. It's the first time since using MFP that I have went over my calories. I know I can make up for it tomorrow =) Every day is a new day!

Can't wait until weigh-in on Monday, still feeling optimistic for a loss!

Exciting news about the New Moon DVD release, can't wait!!

hi Heidi, Sorry today wasnt as good as your usual but you have to take such things in perspective ..tomorrow youll be back on top of it and today will only be a memory. :flowerforyou: Can't wait for New Moon release also!!:heart:
  • tearose
    Options
    What's going on everyone? I hope everyone had a successful Sunday!:flowerforyou:
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    So I did my first weigh in this morning and have lost 3 pounds!!!! I am so happy. I was hoping for a little more but this is the first time I have ever done this right. I have stayed under my calories and work out 6 times last week. Hoope everyone else had a good weigh in today.:happy:

458413.png
  • HeidiRodzen
    Options
    Awww - Congrats on the 3 lbs! That is fantastic!

My weekend days were alright, but I went out to dinner both evenings and blew that out of the water. It's hard to be discouraged when I've already lost over 60 lbs. I remind myself that I've worked hard to get where I am and that it's okay to have some 'off' meals. I think I had dessert last night, with my meal, for the first time in over 6 months.

On a postive note, it is a new day! We'll all weigh-in today and can start fresh tomorrow with our new week! Good luck to everone else, hope we shed lots of pounds!! I'm going to zumba & chair dancing tonight so between the two and eatting like a champ today I'm hoping I can pull off a loss myself!
  • tearose
    Options
    I lost 2lbs this last week..thats not bad considering i havent been doing a lot of exercising..hope everyone is doing well..Reading Eclipse tonight..its amazingggg:smile:
  • HeidiRodzen
    Options
    Great job tea!

I have completely sucked these last few days. Well, not completely, but I've done my share of splurging at dinner these last few days. It's mind over matter and I just haven't been able to get my mind over it! Thankful that a new week starts tomorrow!
  • HeidiRodzen
    Options
    So I gained, but it was only .8 lbs. Way better than anticipated. Glad we're starting fresh with a new week so I can p ut my game face back on. Won't be able to go to the gym for the next couple days (and it was closed last night due to weather - grrr...) so calorie counting will be extra important for me!

On a positive note, I started the C25K a while back and then my treadmill broke. I replaced it with an elliptical. Last night I did the 3.125 miles on the elliptical in 31:55. I know it isn't the same as running, but ellipticals are tough so I'm hoping that if I can keep up the "mileage" and "endurance" It'll help until I can get outside and run again.

Hope you all had successful weeks last night and best of luck on this new one!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Just Bumping... Im a HUGE Twilight fan and would love to join this group... havent got much time to reply yet - so im bookmarking so i can add something later... Hope its not too late to join??

Ahh Team Edward all the way!! :)

x Katherine x
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Hello Twilovers!

I didn't lose anything this week:sad: O well, this is a new week and Tom is gone, so that should help ALOT!

Glad to see you guys are losing! Keeps me hopeful!

Can't wait to get New Moon on DVD. My daughter got Twilight DVD for her birthday. I really didn't like Twilight, to be honest I hated it. But I'm glad she got it. I like having the whole collection. For a while I had a hard time finding Twilight and New Moon in the original hardcover, that was frustrating. But now I have the whole set. I wanted to start reading the whole thing again, but school takes up too much of my reading time. When I read the series, I can't have anything going on because I power through all of them and life around me must stop.:laugh:

I've mssed checking in because I got a virus on my computer. It came from classmates.com so be careful if you get emails from them. I'm proud that i fixed it myself. The Geek Squad at Best Buy told me not to even attempt it, but they quoted me $200 on the phone! :noway: What-Ever! I did it for free! HA!:smokin:

Have a great Tuesday everybody!
  • tearose
    Options
    Hi Everyone..Has everyone seen the new Eclipse trailier? It's awesome!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7n6ih_eclipse-official-trailer-twilight-s_shortfilms
  • Beckyjo88
    Options
    I have been slacking lately :(. This week is going to be even harder. I'm out of town all week so that means not being able to fix anything myself to eat. And even harder to figure out how many calories are in something. :(.

I do like the fact that the hotel I'm staying at does have a gym. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go check it out so when I get back home and I get back on the band wagon and continue working out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.