Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wash or funk?

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Everything gets soaked and rinsed in the sink and then hung up to dry. Including HRM strap, arm band, head band, shirt, shorts.
    Normally will wear the shirt one more time. Socks always go with fresh clean ones. Then everything gets run through the wash once a week.
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    washing "buggers up the immune system"? really? lamest excuse to stink I've ever heard. Doesn't even make sense, does it?

Yep is does make sense. If you keep stripping the body of bacteria, if doesn't fight invading bacteria very well - because it doesn't have a chance to build up resistance by producing antibodies. Doctors have been saying for a long time now that it's because children are over-clean and over sanitised that their immune systems become prone to a host of conditions that 'dirtier' children fight off.

ok. But I'm still gonna take a shower before I go to work and wash my hands when they get dirty. I live on the edge.

Lol. I admit to being a bit of a hand-cleaner, esp when there are lots of coughs and colds around. Quite like the odd shower too. :happy:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Oh my goodness. Of course I wash my workout clothes after I use them. I couldn't bear to put on dirty sweaty clothes again. Never!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,503 Member
    I'm surprised this thread got to three pages!

It depends on the workout. If I sweat buckets, everything goes to laundry. If I'm barely damp, things get reused. If there's any question, they invented the sniff test for a reason.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    I thought it was weird that the last two gyms I belonged stated in their rules that gym clothes could not be worn on successive days without being washed in between.

I guess some people have to be told.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Maybe try getting at least 2 outfits. Wash one, wear one.

:laugh:
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    I work out outside or at home, so no one cares if I don't smell the freshest. I reuse shorts, socks and bras for a couple days. Usuallly wash the sweaty shirt. I can't justify washing something after wearing it for 45 minutes. Plus, I probably want to wear those shorts tomorrow to work out, and I'm not washing tonight!

^I can admit to doing this as well (except socks). I wake up, work out, and then go directly into the shower.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    :bigsmile: My gym washes my kit for me every day
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    I wear em til they are so crusty that i have to peel them off. That's when i know it's time to wash them. :smokin:

*Can't believe this is even being discussed!* :noway:
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Oh sick... I wash them after every work out. THEY STINK! If I can smell my own funk... then I KNOW everyone else can too. They stink because of bacteria... you don't want to get jock itch or a yeast infection... BLECH!
  • Funk =p

I wear them twice.. before they get washed.. but that is just because I'm broke as f**k and try not to do as much laundry.. and honestly they don't stink after one work out.. and I stay inside my own house. So know one cares any way. I do the same with jeans too.. just because I try to cut down on how much laundry we have to do..
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    I have two "sets/outfits" I alternate, and wash them weekly/ biweekly. If they don't look beaten up and have a smell to them, it means I didn't work out hard enough.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 968 Member
    Lol!!!

Do you wear the same knickers during each workout too lol
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,503 Member
    Working out in the nude makes this a nonissue.
    Plus it makes for interesting conversations!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Working out in the nude makes this a nonissue.

I seriously love this beast! :laugh: :laugh:
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Do you wash your work out clothes after each work out or do you keep wearing them till they stand on end and flies swarm around? I was noticing my clothes smelled a bit ripe today.

If you have to ask you aren't working out nearly hard enough.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    The hell type of question is this?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member

LOL

Ummm...I wash them.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member

This is one of those ...........................

dafuq.jpg
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Wash!
    I don't know about you but my exercise clothes are super sweaty afterwards. I can't imagine wearing them without washing them.