Breakfast ??Yes or No??

Options
124»

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Oh heck yes. Resounding yes. Every single day.
  • kvelcro
    Options
    No. I'm not hungry in the mornings so I save my calories for lunch.
  • camplaffalot
    Options
    Ayuh. I eat breakfast and try to have lots of protein in it.
  • cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i always eat breakfast because i workout first thing when i get up and i want to get some protein in my system, and i am hungry! but i just read on active.com that sumo wrestler's skip breakfast and eat late to increase their fat...... i think i will stick to eating breakfast and having a light dinner! lol
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Breakfast does not jumpstart your metabolism.

Diet induced thermogenesis is based on total calorie intake (and macronutrient composition). It is not frequency or timing based.

If you enjoy breakfast, eat it. If you don't, skip it. It's entirely a matter of personal preference.

See here for a detailed explanation:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529002-a-compliation-on-meal-frequency

Agreed ^^^

Not everyone needs to eat breakfast :/

Food is what makes your metabolism work the more often you eat the faster your metabolism gets, So essentially yes breakfast does because it starts the eating for the day earlier and then if you eat small snacks throughout the day it keeps it going.

no.

read the thread and links provided.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh this myth with never die.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 530 and don't eat breakfast until around 830-9. I eat beacuse I am hungry. If you aren't hungry then don't eat. If you are then eat. I personally think that is doesn't matter when you eat or how frequently you eat, as long as your body gets the fuel it needs and you are eating at a defecit (or exercising at one) then you will lose weight. Do what you think is best for your body, and if that is not eating breakfast, then so be it. Just make sure you are getting enough calories throughout the day. :) (I also did not read everyones response, so I'm sorry if this makes no sense). Good luck.
  • lolly2721
    lolly2721 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think it is a personal thing. Most days I have breakfast. I don't have a huge breakfast, just something to tide me over. Maybe an egg with a 1/2 bagel or just an apple on the run. Some days I am just not hungry. I have not had rapid weight loss but it has been steady loss.

I think the breakfast debate is individual. If you are hungry then eat, if not then don't eat until you are. Watch your calories in vs. calories out and you should do just fine.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I kinda thought the breakfast police would back off a bit after me doing what they said just to show I was open to suggestion lol.I haven't had it today.I have chosen better foods and My hunger is at bay!!!.And yes I had a great meal after a couple of hours of being up.Case closed
    Thanks for everyones input

Angel