Zero calorie "meal" (or close to 0)

Options
If I'm starving, but have eaten all my calories, I open a can of sauerkraut, add some salt and pepper..maybe some hot chili powder and chow down. Anybody else have some meals that are zero calories or close to zero?

Replies

• SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of finely chopped tomato and onion with a dash or two of balsamic vinegar to coat!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    There is no much thing as a Zero Calorie Meal unless you consider water a meal.

How many calories are you eating? My guess is you are not eating enough for your body, are you netting your BMR? Eat something and go for a nice walk/jog
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash!! It isn't zero, but it's close and so yummy.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    If you are 'starving' then eat nutrient-dense food.

If you are eating, not getting the results you want and still 'starving' at the end of the day then take a good look at what you are eating.

Zero calorie meals, Jesus, what have we come to?
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    If I'm starving, but have eaten all my calories, I open a can of sauerkraut, add some salt and pepper..maybe some hot chili powder and chow down. Anybody else have some meals that are zero calories or close to zero?

Eat more if you're starving.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I hope you know there are calories in sauerkraut? the label may say 0 calories but if it's below 5 calories per serving, they can put 0 on the label!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Mashed cabbage with just a tiny bit of butter.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have calories, then it doesn't have any nutrition and there's no point in eating it. I would never do this. It sounds like an eating disorder.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Are you sufficiently hydrated? Also if you are always starving and always looking for a snack, please reconsider your calorie goals!
  • deborah0123
    Options

I was at my mothers one night and didnt have calories left. and she fixed a huge meal..so I did like you. I opened a can of sauerkraut 0 calories and ate it..I happen to love sauerkraut..glad someone else likes it too.
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    If hungry = EAT food. Listen to your body.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I hope you know there are calories in sauerkraut? the label may say 0 calories but if it's below 5 calories per serving, they can put 0 on the label!

5 calories worry you? I am usually worried about anything that comes from a can.
  • LadyHappyfish
    LadyHappyfish Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would say get the hoover out, burn some cals, if your desperate, peel an apple and eat only the skin, most goodness is in the skin along with fiber to help keep away hunger. baggie the rest for a prework-out snake or freeze for another week.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll eat celery with salsa if I just want to snack. If I'm hungry (big difference) I eat real food. Like something with a decent amount of calories, protein, and fiber. If you're "starving" your body needs calories.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I was at my mothers one night and didnt have calories left. and she fixed a huge meal..so I did like you. I opened a can of sauerkraut 0 calories and ate it..I happen to love sauerkraut..glad someone else likes it too.
    She cooked you a meal and you ate a can of sauerkraut? That was extremely rude, you should apologize right now.
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Pickles. Very close to zero. :)
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options

She cooked you a meal and you ate a can of sauerkraut? That was extremely rude, you should apologize right now.

I don't think it's rude to decline a meal if you're concerned about your health and have already eaten your calories for the day. I don't think anyone should have to feel obliged to eat (particularly over-eat) because someone else cooked.

My mom would totally understand - and she'd be proud of me for picking my health over her delicious cooking.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Lettuce with lemon juice is delish! My mom would always make green salads with no dressing, just lemon juice! It's super low cal, but gives a satisfying crunch if you get the whole fresh head of lettuce! If you want a little protien, boil and egg, throw out the yolk, and chop/crumble the white to top your greens! Hmm..... I think I know what I'm eating for lunch today.....
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    here have a stick of celery =D
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    cucumber with a little dip of sauce frm palm sugar, salt and chili.