How to get Abs (with pics)?

Options
<<< Yes this picture is really me, I'm not a fitness model or coach, and I achieved my success without a coach or personal trainer.

I paid $40 each for two books and I put all the tips I learned from those books here so you don't even have to buy books

Anyway, I get a lot of PM's asking me how to get Abs. Not that mine are as good as a fitness model's (because I'm not a fitness model).

It's simple. Lift heavy, dead lifts, squats, and everything else for a full body workout. I list most of the exercises down further.

And lose the fat so that the abs will show. If you have fat this means eat less. Eat less when you are fat, Eat more when your are LEAN <<-- lean is where you run the risk of starvation mode, not when you are FAT. I was fat for most of my life and obese only 3 years ago so I don't mean to be derogatory.

First of all I need to say I STOPPED ALL AB WORK for 6 months to get to my Golden Ratio. The workout I do helps you achieve this goal but since I am so short and have a lot of core muscle I couldn't get there without stopping core work. However, I did shoot for the golden ratio and got it. The golden ratio is explained here and it's for men as well as women. http://www.webefit.com/articles_200-299/article_208_GoldenRatio.html

So the result of STOPPING ALL AB WORK WAS THIS. So you can see, just lift heavy and lose the fat (eat less).

Pinkbikiniblackbackground.jpg
fitnessbrightoutfitblackbackground.jpg

After having my pictures taken in March for the little photo transformation contest, I added back in the core work and my waist is thicker now and it changed the definition (I am on the far right in the green). I'm no longer at the Golden Ideal for my waist, but the lifting keeps my shoulders and hips there. I don't worry about my thick waist anymore because I'm finally realizing it is not fat and I love doing the core exercises so I do them now.

ripped.jpg
RoBradVegas2012.jpg

The routine I do consists of weight lifting first and cardio second, but I still do cardio (mainly running). I change up everything all the time. My running is sometimes long easy runs, sometimes HIIT, sometimes shorter medium pace runs. My weight routine changes each day, each week, Circuits, Intermittent Super Sets, Fibonacci Pyramids, X-sets, Progress Venus Pyramids, and some splits, constantly changing it up, everything a variety of Strength, Hypertrophy, and Endurance.

Legs; In addition to Dealdlift's, Stiff Leg Dead Lifts, Sumo Dead Lifts and Squats I do Bulgarian Split Squats, Lunges, Reverse lunges, Curtsey lunges, Step Ups, Crossover Bench Step Ups, One legged Deadlifts (T-Bend), Lunge Matrix, Bowler Squat, One Legged Get Ups, Bower Squat and Heel Raise, Bowler Squat + Stiff Leg Deadlift, Curtsey Lunge + Dumbbell Squat, T-Bend + Y-Squat, Reverse Lunge & Step Up, Curtsey Lunge + Step Up, Y-squat, Narrow Stance Squat

For upper body I do Standing Shoulder Press, Standing Dumbell Curls, Lying Tricep extension, Pullovers, Bent Barbell Row, Standing lateral Raise, Standing front Raise, Curl and Press, Shoulder Press + Curl, Dips, Lying Tricep Extensions + Flyes, Venus Raise (a type of snatch), Bent Row + Standing Lateral Raise, Pullovers, Pushup + Dips, Standing Dumbbell curls + Overhead Tricep Extension, Bent Lateral Raise + Pullovers, One Arm Dumbbell row, Flyes + Pushups, Seated Curl & Tate Press, Seated Curls + Overhead Tricep Extension, Pushups, Pullovers + Dips, Bent Barbell Row, Lateral Raise + Full Front Raise, Venus Raise + Dips, Standing Dumbbell curls + Lying Tricep Extension, Upright Row + Dips, Bent Barbell Row, Flat bench Press, Incline Bench Press, Bent Row Narrow, Bent Row + Kickback,

Then some upper and lower combos; Squat and Front Raise, Step Up & Press, Step Up + Standing Shoulder Press, Squat & Press, Squat & Swing, Curtsy Lunge + Standing Shoulder Pres, T-Bend & Row, Pike Front Rais + Curtsey Lunge, Flat Bench Press + Step Up.

Core: Bar Bell Rollouts (you can start out with Stability Ball Roll Outs), Swiss Ball Pikes (you can start out with Stability Ball Curl Ups), and planks. As you advance Swiss Ball Pike and pushup.

I probably forgot some but you get the idea.

So I hope this helps you learn how to get ABS. :)

Replies