How to get Abs (with pics)?

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    you look great! however...your arms are too muscular for me. i want to be toned yes but not muscular like you are.
    F.Y.I. Her arms are probably half the size of yours. Anyway, just keep a nice layer of fat over your muscles and you'll never see the muscle definition. Problem solved.

Thank god someone said this

I think you guys are being too hard on the individual who posted that comment. She said she thinks the O.P. looks great (and she does, btw :flowerforyou: ), she only means that she wants her arms to be well-defined, just not as heavily muscled as the O.P. It's a personal preference for her own body, not a judgement on anyone else's. Although, I can understand how, because of the way she worded her statement, it would be easy to misunderstand her meaning. Sure, she worded things poorly, but that's no reason to jump all over her.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I think you guys are being too hard on the individual who posted that comment. She said she thinks the O.P. looks great (and she does, btw :flowerforyou: ), she only means that she wants her arms to be well-defined, just not as heavily muscled as the O.P. It's a personal preference for her own body, not a judgement on anyone else's. Although, I can understand how, because of the way she worded her statement, it would be easy to misunderstand her meaning. Sure, she worded things poorly, but that's no reason to jump all over her.

I'm failing to see a good reason for that person to have posted here at all. Why waste your time if your only comment is "I don't want to look like you"?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I'm failing to see a good reason for that person to have posted here at all. Why waste your time if your only comment is "I don't want to look like you"?

Just so we're clear, secretlobster, although you look great...

...I don't want to look like you.

Didn't want there to be any confusion.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I just bought a weight bench and barbell and dumbell handles plus about 100# of various size weight and plan to start lifting after my long bike ride this weekend and my triathlon and FL trip next week ... thanks for the inspiration and exercised to look for
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    you look great! however...your arms are too muscular for me. i want to be toned yes but not muscular like you are.

not to be rude, but you really could have just left it at "you look great!" I get that it was/is your personal preference not to have that look for your arms, but it was one of those things that didn't really need to be shared,as it came of as somewhat rude. Just my personal opinion.
    Options
    Love your body! I'd like to get there someday! :-D

I think your arms are particularly amazing... I'm working on mine, but I don't have a lot of time/capacity for lifting right now, so it's taking me a while to get there.

Great job!

if that is you in your profile pic, you have great abs!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm not at all offended by the girls comment who doesn't want to look like me. No worries. She just needs to be the best "her" that she can be anyway. None of us are supposed to want to look like someone else. What she does not understand is how tiny I really am. Those muscles are not big, they are just exposed by less fat. I only weighed 109 lbs in those pictures.

All you have to do sweetheart is not get as lean. It has nothing to do with how much muscle. Girls muscles don't get that big because we don't have the hormones for it. They only get so big. I'm probably as big as I'll ever get naturally and I intend to stay natural. At over half a century old life is too precious to me to spend doing unhealthy things to my body.

Besides, I'm too happy living my life now and"living my dream" as I like to say. Life is too short for me to get offended and mine is half over, I'm going to enjoy every minute that I have left, being fit and ripped or whatever I feel like being. I'm the best me I can be and you can be the best you ever and you can set your own limits or knock the ball out of the park. Do what you want, and so will I.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • goodladi
    goodladi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are such a sweet person. I'm blown away by your legs, that shows alot of work:)
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great advice! You look incredible!! And 51??? Simply amazing!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Love your body! I'd like to get there someday! :-D

I think your arms are particularly amazing... I'm working on mine, but I don't have a lot of time/capacity for lifting right now, so it's taking me a while to get there.

Great job!

if that is you in your profile pic, you have great abs!!

that is me!

i have a diff one up now, but I just got a piercing, so I cant flex em so good right now hahaha
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    great job... can't tell you're 51 keep up the good work
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR SHARING! AMAZING BODY!
  • italianspyce
    italianspyce Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I dont even know what to say, where to start...I have no clue what ur saying but something is telling me i should read this and read it then reread this till it sinks in....well done im impressed and wow!!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Remarkable! you look fabulous! thanks for the detailed information
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    bump
    Options
    I'm not at all offended by the girls comment who doesn't want to look like me. No worries. She just needs to be the best "her" that she can be anyway. None of us are supposed to want to look like someone else. What she does not understand is how tiny I really am. Those muscles are not big, they are just exposed by less fat. I only weighed 109 lbs in those pictures.

All you have to do sweetheart is not get as lean. It has nothing to do with how much muscle. Girls muscles don't get that big because we don't have the hormones for it. They only get so big. I'm probably as big as I'll ever get naturally and I intend to stay natural. At over half a century old life is too precious to me to spend doing unhealthy things to my body.

Besides, I'm too happy living my life now and"living my dream" as I like to say. Life is too short for me to get offended and mine is half over, I'm going to enjoy every minute that I have left, being fit and ripped or whatever I feel like being. I'm the best me I can be and you can be the best you ever and you can set your own limits or knock the ball out of the park. Do what you want, and so will I.

Happy Friday everyone!

such a classy response!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

Happy Friday everyone!

I really wanted to add to this for women who don't want to look quite so muscly.. please don't be afraid to lift heavy. What makes you look more muscly is the level of leanness, not the heavy weights. Like I said I'm really tiny, my lean body mass is only 104 lbs (DXA scan) and I lift heavy but I only lift what is right for me.. I don't care what the weight is, I just want the right push for the particular set I'm doing.

There is nothing wrong with wanting a softer tone look (just leave a little more fat). Lots of girls prefer that and it's OKAY. The lean look like I have is a bit too hard looking for some peoples taste. What matters is what YOU want for YOURSELF. Do what you want for yourself, not what someone tells you they want for you. YOU OWN IT. :)

Girls, LIFT HEAVY and I don't mean reaching to dead lift a certain weight like a power lifter, I mean PUSH YOURSELF with the right amount for you. The reason I say this is because it keeps your body YOUNG, it keeps your bones healthy and will give you a better quality of life when you are older like me. My recent DXA scan showed that my 51.5 year old bones have the same density of a super athletic 30 year old. Now if that is not scientific proof that lifting makes you turn back the clock I don't know what is. But I started over 30 years ago. START NOW. :)
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    you look awesome! And thanks for posting those links to those books you bought.