RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars.

Options
13»

Replies

• I might be the only one who's posted on here recently, but that's okay because I know some people DO care and I figured I might as well share my fun Drag Race related things.

I went to an All Stars event in Philadelphia on Saturday. I live in Florida, but I just happened to be in New York this weekend and Philly is only a two hour, $10 bus ride away. All of the All Stars except for Chad Michaels, Nina Flowers, and Latrice Royale were there. It was AMAZING. They all performed twice. The event was hosted by Mimi Imfurst and Michelle Visage. And I know a lot of people don't like Mimi, and for a while, I didn't either, but she's actually REALLY REALLY FUNNY and fun.

Here, have some pictures!

tumblr_mc9u9s9ddt1qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mc9uaxUNO11qasid6o1_500.jpg
    YARA. MY GOD. YARA. YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I WAS FREAKING OUT ABOUT YARA. And for her first performance, she came out and did I Dreamed a Dream from Les Mis and OH MY GOD I JUST ABOUT DIED. And then it got more upbeat and she took some clothes off and HER. BODY. HER. BODY. HER. BODY. Oh my god. Also, I touched her butt. It was very nice.

tumblr_mc9ubxdAYH1qasid6o1_500.jpg
    Blurry, but YARA'S BODY.

tumblr_mc9uciyLSu1qasid6o1_500.jpg
    Manilaaaaaa. So much fun to watch.

tumblr_mc9uedRJUB1qasid6o1_500.jpg
    Mimi and Pandora performed together, and of course, Mimi picked Pandora up. It was really funny.

tumblr_mc9safWfil1qasid6o1_500.jpg
    THAT RANDOM STRAND OF HAIR IN MY FACE, WHAT EVEN. I was actually freaking out at this moment. It's no secret that Yara is my favourite queen and I actually have a huge crush on her (both in and out of drag) and I had never seen her in person before this night, so I was very overwhelmed. While I was taking this picture, I was slightly intoxicated (slightly, ha) and the thoughts going through my mind were: "Okay, Yara doesn't smile in pictures. If I smile, she won't be smiling, and it might look silly. I shouldn't smile either. But OH MY GOD I AM STANDING NEXT TO YARA SOFIA AND I AM TOUCHING HER AND MY HAND IS ON HER WAIST and she's so bloody tall and oh my god she's so perfect OH THE PICTURE WAS JUST TAKEN I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY FACE WAS DOING." Yeah. I also hugged her. And did I mention I touched her butt? Because I did. I touched her butt. It was very firm.

tumblr_mc9sxcMA5O1qasid6o1_500.jpg
    My favourite picture of the night. I wish my picture with Yara was half as good as this one. I told Manila "Pretend I just said something really funny and we're both laughing about how hilarious I am." She also complimented mine & my roommate's hair, telling us to "get our gorgeous real human hair out of there" ahaha. And when I hugged her, she was like "I just stole your wallet." So pretty, and very sweet.

Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures with any of the other girls. It was very hectic in the club and also very loud so it was hard to talk to any of them. I did chat with Alexis, though! And since I am from Florida and she is from Florida, I see her in Florida a lot, so she knows me and my roommate, and she had no idea we would be in Philly! She was very surprised but happy and was like "HEY CRAZY!" and shook my roommate when she saw us. But she was sweet as ever like always and her performance was SO GOOD. I have to say that she really is probably one of the best performers. THEY ARE ALL AMAZING, but she just tears the house down.

OKAY THAT'S ALL.
    I hope somebody enjoys my madness eheheh.
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    Can't wait! I really wish Raja would be back. But I guess it wouldn't be fair since she won her season. I just love her. Loved Sutan on America's Next Top Model, too.
  • I looooove Raja. I actually just love season 3 in general. My favourite season. And Raja is my favourite winner!
  • So, what are everybody's thoughts on the first episode??

****SPOILERS BELOW, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET*****

I personally thought that Yara and Alexis had both the best picture and the best runway. I don't understand the criticism they were getting. The Opposites Attract photo was supposed to show their differences... they were the only team that actually used their own differences. Everybody else created characters that weren't even them, and nearly all of them were the exact same thing: uptown/downtown, hooker/housewife, classy/trashy, naughty/nice... Yara and Alexis used their own differences in their own personalities but did it in a fun way. I actually screamed out loud the first time I saw them dressed up as each other (because yeah, I've totally watched the episode like 5 times already.) I don't even think it's me just being biased because even though I am totally rooting for Team Yarlexis, I love every single one of those queens and I just don't really understand the criticism. Plus, their runway outfits were adorable. And Yara's impersonation of pageant queens? ADORABLE.

tumblr_mcewbyAScQ1qasid6o1_500.jpg
    OH I HAVE SUCH A CRUSH ON YARA.

I enjoyed Raven and Jujubee's photo as well. I definitely agree with them being in the top 2. And while I liked Manila and Latrice's, I'm not sure if I understand their win. But oh well.

I think Chad and Shannel are both extremely fierce (even though I haven't even seen season 1, but I saw Shannel perform on Saturday and she was AMAZING) but their photo was soooo boring. The fact that CHAD MICHAELS was lip-syncing in the FIRST EPISODE just shows how intense this competition is going to be.

I am in love with Tammie Brown. Again, haven't seen season 1, I only know her from having seen her perform on Saturday and what I've seen so far on all stars, but GIRL IS CRAY CRAY AND I LOVE IT.

tumblr_mccqspsf9S1r4l6mbo5_250.gif

tumblr_mcdh9q8kCn1qbzqexo1_500.gif

And I loved Willam's appearance in Untucked.

tumblr_mccpqoimPC1qj6xzto3_r1_250.gif
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I love Sharon. I'm actually dressing as her for Halloween. Funnily enough, I wasn't able to find a single thing for my costume at Party City....

hahahahahaha this made me literally LOL.

I am SO SAD about Pandora! I really would have liked to see her go farther into the competition. I feel that the producers of the show aren't really fans of the camp queens. Oh well :( I don't know who I'm rooting for anymore. The whole team thing has kinda thrown me off lol.
  • I'm thrown off by the team thing too! I'm just lucky enough to have my two favourites on a team together. Although, part of me JUST KNOWS that in the final episode, the "winning team" is probably going to have to go against each other and that SUCKS. Because as much as I want Team Yarlexis to make it all the way, I can't handle seeing them lip sync for their lives against each other again. It was bad enough when it happened in season 3.
  • REVIVING THIS THREAD BECAUSE IT IS MONDAY! NEW EPISODE TONIGHT!!!!

Last weeks episode was kind of a mess, wasn't it? I didn't love it, although I love that Team Yarlexis won, yaaaaay! I was sad to see Brown Flowers go -- but then again, I'm going to be sad to see anyone go because I love everyone. I have a feeling that Team Latrila is going to go home on tonight's episode and that's sad because I REALLY love Manila and I REALLY love Latrice. I kind of want Team Shad to go. I love Chad, I think he's amazing, and from what I've seen of Shannel, I think she's really great too, and I don't even know how to explain WHY I want them to go without using the word "boring". But they're not boring. They're far from boring. But I guess, compared to everyone else, they don't quite excite me as much? Yeah.

IN OTHER NEWS mostly because I just really feel like bragging right now and the few people who read this thread are the few people who will actually understand my excitement, BUT

I mentioned that I was dressing up as Sharon for Halloween, yeah? Well, that went awesome and I looked amazing:

tumblr_mcmk6xrOag1qasid6o1_500.jpg

I posted it on Twitter and on Sharon's Facebook page, but like, she didn't respond or anything, but whatever, I didn't really care. ANYWAYS, Sharon was in my town on Saturday! So of course I went. She was AMAZING. She performed two songs off of her upcoming album and it was GREAT and she looked FLAWLESS.

tumblr_mcy5zj3Lru1qasid6o1_500.jpg

After she performed, there was a meet and greet, and I decided that I was going to show her the picture of my costume because yeah, I'm pretty proud of it. So when it was my turn to go talk to her, I had my friend's iPhone with my picture pulled up, and we said hello and stuff and I told her that I dressed as her for Halloween and showed her the picture

and she barely even glanced at it before she like, grabbed my arm and told me that she had already seen it online and that she LIVED for it. She went on to tell me that I had made it to the top of the Sharon Needles costume contest -- and I didn't even know that there was a Sharon Needles costume contest! So I was like "WAIT WHAT" and she was like "Yeah! Someone found your picture and showed it to me and we loved it so much! The only thing missing was the white contacts -- if you'd had white contacts, you probably would've won." My mind was basically blown. I was just a couple of white contacts away from winning like, $1000 or something ridiculous like that, and I didn't even realize it.

But yeah. She was SO NICE and when we were saying goodbye, she hugged me and my friend and was like "MY BAAAABIIIIIES". So now we are referring to Sharon as our mama. We weren't allowed to take pictures because the venue was taking pictures and I am getting so impatient waiting for them to be posted! I just want my picture with Mama Needles!!!!!

This weekend, I think I am going to go see Jujubee, Shannel, and Phi Phi O'Hara in Orlanda. I'm mostly going for Jujubee because I like Shannel, but probably not enough to drive to Orlando for, and I don't really care for Phi Phi that much -- although seeing her live might change my opinion. We'll see. Either way, I'm super excited! I see Raja next weekend and POSSIBLY Willam the weekend after that (it's all the way in Miami, though, and that's such a far drive, but it's WILLAM. HOW DO I PASS UP THE CHANCE TO SEE WILLAM?) and then Manila the weekend after that! So many perfect queens in so little time!