Went to Subway for lunch and Jarod would NOT be proud!

Options
1235»

Replies

• RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    that's whats great about this site, a lot of people don't realize how much they are eating and when it's in front of you like that it really makes you open your eyes and think about the choices you make
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love people.. no cookies, no cheese, no dressing, no bread...

This guy ate subway sandwiches damn near every day and lost over 80lbs. Footlongs, with cheese, and dressing.

Eat what you want so long as you meet your calorie requirements. There is no reason to cut out entire groups of foods if you don't have a special condition.

^^^^ I second this...and totally agree!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who is a wellness coach introduced this site to me last week so I could track my food easier. The site is awesome and has lots of great tools to use but when I got back from lunch and plugged in what I ate at Subway today I was shocked at how many calories I ate! (Not so sure I like the food logging part of the site anymore?) Seriously though, it was quite an eye opener and might explain why I struggle to lose weight consistently and keep it off.

My tally for lunch? Almost 1,500 calories and I drank water! I had a foot long Italian BMT w/cheese and the knockout blow was the 3 rasp. cheesecake cookies. I swear I had no idea they were that high in calories.

Well, I guess at least I learned something about eating out......o cookies next time!

Wait..subway has cheesecake cookies?! Boy...where have I been ;)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a Footlong Black Forest Ham on Italian with lots of lettuce, tomatoes, and honey mustard. I skip the cheese. Fills me up and is only 610 calories. I also skip chips and cookies and drink water or Diet Coke. I'm sure you could also add in all the veggies you wanted without adding many calories. I don't miss the cheese at all and realize that I really couldn't taste it anyways with all the other stuff in there!

oooohhh, yes, the black forest ham.........*drooling*

ETA: I also agree on skipping soft drinks, chips and cookies, but NOT the cheese. Provolone is WAY too yummy to EVER skip!

But even before I started MFP, I only ever ate a 6 inch. The footlong is way too much.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

If I'm going out, I always look at the website ahead of time!

I SECOND THAT! Its really the only way you know what you're eating....If you plan ahead, you cant go wrong.
  • Rogus1
    Rogus1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    no cheese, no dressing or mayo. Stick to healthy or lean meats.. Have them ' shell out" the bread and 6' is all that is needed.

Why even go?
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Why do people hate cheese? :frown:

A life without cheese is no life at all.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    IDK been eating at Subway the last 3 years and usually get Turkey and bacon Melt on Flatbread loaded with Veggies and honey Mustard.. If not that then the Buffalo Chicken on Flatbread loaded with Veggies and have lost a few pounds... Its all about fitting things into your caloric intake and Macro's even if you want that cookie..... Best of Luck

A few pounds.......

You're amazing. That is all.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you really think a 12 inch long sandwich and 3 cookies are healthy and low calorie just because it's from Subway just goes to show how much advertising works on the ignorant masses.

Those cookies are sold in threes so you can share them.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You didn't know three raspberry cheesecake cookies would be high in calories?
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    If you really think a 12 inch long sandwich and 3 cookies are healthy and low calorie just because it's from Subway just goes to show how much advertising works on the ignorant masses.

You're not going to get very far as a teacher if you treat your students with the same level of respect.
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I DO realize that Subway is NOT health food but I do think from a nutritional standpoint it can be a better option than fast food burgers or chicken because of the vegetables on the sandwich. I also realize that cookies are NOT a health food at Subway, but what I did NOT know was that they were 190 calories for 1 cookie. Crazy.

I do know better now.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

You're not going to get very far as a teacher if you treat your students with the same level of respect.

I was commenting on our culture in general, but thanks for getting unnecessarily personal.