I want your "are you pregnant?" stories

Options
hisgirl86
hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
Cause when I was smaller, around 170, I got that question a couple of times. Then I gained 80 pounds and haven't gotten that question at all, until I lose 20 pounds, and a couple of days ago when it was someone I hadn't seen in a few years, and she was "just curious if I was pregnant" lol

I want to hear some of your stories so it'll make me feel better that I'm not the only one :P

Replies

• legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Apparently you are! =P
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I got asked that question a couple times. Once it was because I was wearing an empire waist and looked it, the other time was because my landlord was listening through our walls.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I was in 7th grade. A kid asked me if I was pregnant. I told him no. I cried as soon as I got home. :(
  • pwicke
    Options
    My old next door neighbor asked if I was, I wasn't. I had a bloated stomach due to food allergies:( I did just have my 2 nd kid though a the time.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    When I was 6 I asked my grandma if she was pregnant. She responded "no, honey, I'm just fat"
  • sarahg101
    sarahg101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work at a clinic and wear scrubs, someone asked when when I was due but to top off being humiliated they patted my stomach.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    http://lolsnaps.com/news/29694/0/

Saw this the other day - don't know how to put it here, so just a link.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've been asked a couple of times. I'm only 20 and this was when I was 16 and then again at 19.

The first time I was working at a clothing store putting away baby clothes and a woman (who was shopping in that section) asked when I was due. I said "I'm not pregnant" and she said "oh, I just thought you were buying all those clothes." Uh...yeah, right. I think I was around 160 then.

The second time I was a cashier scanning this womans things and she asked "when are you due" I was like "I'm not pregnant." Shes like "Oh! I've never done that before" Um...seriously? And then she added "now you're not going to give me the discount on my shoes, huh?"

People are stupid....
  • AngelaRobyn
    AngelaRobyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work at a day care. One of the parents came in to pick up her son and asked me if I was pregnant.. I answered 'no', but she proceeded to ask me if I was sure. I was floored by that, let me tell you! Then she was very apologetic and started to go on about
    how she had gained a lot of weight too. I've been heavy all my life and I had just finished losing my first 5 lbs. It was very hurtful. People can be so stupid.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When I was 16 I was hanging with alot of friends, they were all making sandwiches and I was a vegetarian so I was looking for something different...In the end I made a dill pickle and peanut butter sandwich..I went downstairs with all of them and they all started asking if I was pregnant which I clearly said I wasnt..but three weeks later found out I really was.
  • hypocrisy8
    hypocrisy8 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
  • auntiejack
    auntiejack Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    not been asked that but someone did offer me his seat on the bus yesterday:sad:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When I was 16 I was hanging with alot of friends, they were all making sandwiches and I was a vegetarian so I was looking for something different...In the end I made a dill pickle and peanut butter sandwich..I went downstairs with all of them and they all started asking if I was pregnant which I clearly said I wasnt..but three weeks later found out I really was.

You should try peanut butter and sweet pickle. Mmm!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have been asked this many, many times... sometimes it's been funny, sometimes it has really hurt - depends on the source. Usually has to do with the clothing I have chosen to wear, and needless to say, I have gotten rid of a lot of the clothes that cause me to look "glowy".

Most memorable story is actually pretty recent... I work in an admin type building with several offices. A few months ago after we had closed for the day I went to drop the mail off at the post office nearby and ran in to a lady from one of the other offices. Little bit of friendly chit-chat and she says to me "so when are you going on leave?" Excuse me? I'm not going anywhere... she gets all flustered "oh, I'm sorry... I had heard you were going on leave and I wasn't sure and... " Nope. Not going on any sort of leave that I know about.

So... I don't know whether the rumour floating around is that I'm crazy or that I'm pregnant, but either way... I'm pretty sure it's not true.

ETA... I am 5'3" and the heaviest I have EVER been is 164 lbs.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I was asked this at Home Depot ---Son was 2, Daughter was 8 and husband was with me -- I loved the one peice shorts outfit that I had on but after I was asked when the baby was due, I NEVER wore it again.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When I was at the grocery store with my newborn, who was approximately two weeks old, a lady in line asked me why I got pregnant so fast with my second. Ummm, yeah. Ok.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I've been asked a few times over the years, but the worst was when my grandma asked & when I said no she responded "Just fat, huh?" That was kinda the last straw in our relationship, and we rarely spoke after that incident.

I slipped up and asked someone a while back. When she said no I was absolutely mortified. It was a professional colleague, and I still work with her today. Every single time I talk to her I think about that, and my face turns red.

I don't know which is worse...being the offended or the offender. :sad:
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i went into a gas station once to by cigs and the man working the register goes "you shouldn't be smoking if you're pregnant"....... i wasn't pregnant. just fat!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a babydoll top..I guess not he most flattering top...and I was probably around 120 pounds and a lady at work yelled it across the counter for everyone to hear "Are you expecting??"...I was mortified and thought I was huge :noway:
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    http://lolsnaps.com/news/29694/0/

Saw this the other day - don't know how to put it here, so just a link.

This link just got blocked at "Tasteless" at my work....now I REALLY want to see it :-(