How do you guys consistently track you food?

Options
How do you guys consistently track you food? I mean seriously? I always forget to write down my food and then I forget what I ate by the end of the day. How do you stay motivated to track your diet?

Replies

• DexterDarko
    Options
    I log it when I'm eating it. I can't eat without thinking about counting and logging lol.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    i log directly after eating...i also pack my lunch and plan my meals ahead of time. it helps
  • xBellaCx
    Options
    I have the phone app for this site so I just throw whatever I eat after I've eaten, it's nice and quick.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Practice? Discipline? I mostly enter my food the night before and try to stick to that - it really helps me make sure my diet is balanced rather than just trying to figure out what will "fit" on the go. I also tend eat the same things pretty often. If I eat a piece of candy or something at work, I keep the wrapper in my pocket as a reminder to enter it when I get home.
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    MFP Mobile! Lol

Or I just average tbh and add quick calories on roughly what I remember.
    I can usually keep track but there are days when you do forget.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I do my best to plan ahead - i usually have my breakfast & lunch pre-entered each day, and often dinner too. If i eat something not on the list, i add it via laptop or phone.
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I log while eating or right after, I have the app on my phone and my kindle, plus I log in on the computer if I am near one.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I use the app....This is a big help in not only tracking, but helpful in selecting low calorie options when I go out.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    iPhone app and I log immediately before or after eating. If I know what I'm going to have later it the day, I will pre-log it.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting is not for everyone
  • LuckyMe381
    LuckyMe381 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I preplan my meals so i log everything first thing in the morning or the night before and when prelogging if i eat something different then i will log it asap. Also prelogging will let you know that you WILL be in your calorie range
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i also log it before or straight after i eat meals.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I used to carry a notebook and a pen. When I joined mfp I was already in the habit of logging everything that went in my face.
  • CherryTinsel
    CherryTinsel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the app on my phone so I check it sometimes even before I eat it, and I log it as I'm eating it. :)
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I log everything at the beginning of the day so I know what to eat.
  • leanonshay
    leanonshay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I log it before I eat it! If I don't finish what I made then I make adjustments to the servings, but I always start out with a single serving. I find it helps since I use the app for my phone and I can just quickly scan the bar codes.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I try to preplan and log my main meals and I stick to it. Then the only things I have to worry about are snacks. The only thing that trips me up with that is the occaisonsonal unexpected lunch or dinner out with friends. I know that doing it that way is difficult for some people who have actual lives, but since I don't get out much it works for me.
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It fits in pretty well to my usual habits, as I tend to do a lot of things at once. ie, if I'm home I'm usually right next to my computer so I'll add it immediately, I track while cooking and waiting for something to boil, fry, cook. I occasionally plan out what to eat the next day, especially if I bring my lunch and such, so it's easy to track early. I also have the smartphone app to add any kind of snacks and stuff I grab on the go.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    If I don't log right away, I'll jot things down on a piece of paper and do it later.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    "...solitary. Just a man alone...with his thoughts...and a smartphone...with an MFP app."