Mini Successes...Whats yours?

Options

Replies

• Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This week I've reached 1 1/2 stone off (21lb), which is pretty much half way to where I want to be. That feels good! :smile:

Today 3 people who I haven't seen for a few months commented as soon as they saw me that I'd lost weight :flowerforyou:

I'm still waiting for the running & exercise class to start feeling good, but I know from the past that if I keep at it, it'll happen someday...!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Today I ran over 10 miles, after running a 51 minute 10k on Sunday. Feels pretty good, but I hurt all over.
  • skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I met my first mini-goal today: I lost 10% of my starting body weight! TEN PERCENT!!!!

I love it!

Now, I am going to lose another 10%...
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of size 2 jeans in Junior department. Last night I was able to move a notch on my belt, the belt is a medium in Juniors. I can wear a few small junior tops, depends on the top because I still have boobs.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Before I started my low-carb diet and Insanity, I purposely bought a pair of jeans that were just a bit too tight. It hurt when I buttoned them and my stomach bunched over them into a muffin top. I successfully put them on this past weekend and wore them comfortably :)
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Last week, I was retaining 7 lbs of water, from starting a new, VERY hard workout, which looked like a five pound gain. (Seriously) Even with all the intense cardio I've done, and sporadic strength training, never did I have a problem dropping weight. I freaked out for a few hours, but I calmed myself down. Reassured me that I would still lose weight if I kept working, and then carried on. Even did my workout that same day. That was one small victory, just not giving up at a perceived setback. It paid off, because the water all came off during the weekend, where my only workouts are leisurely walking. So I'd ultimately lost two lbs from where I began that week.

I completely agree with this part of your post! About a month ago I had a huge freakout when I weighed myself one week and I had lost a whopping 5 pounds, then went back the next week and I was 2 pounds up. I mean HUGE freakout like crying, depressed, blah blah. This week I had a similar victory as yours, where I have not weighed myself yet- but I also have not let the idea that i MAY gain weight because of my excessive exercise (Insanity) and I will still be okay. I think mental victories are so much better than physical victories any day.
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats :)

I haven't lost any weight so I don't have similar victories but I haven't purged in 10 days :)

That is a HUGE success! Keep at it, I am proud of you for working hard to be healthy physically and mentally.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    This sounds so crazy to type it out. But one of my first noticable successes to me was to be able to sit and cross my legs. Now..heck, don't think twice about it. But I clearly remember the day it dawned on me that I could do it!!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Last week, I was retaining 7 lbs of water, from starting a new, VERY hard workout, which looked like a five pound gain. (Seriously) Even with all the intense cardio I've done, and sporadic strength training, never did I have a problem dropping weight. I freaked out for a few hours, but I calmed myself down. Reassured me that I would still lose weight if I kept working, and then carried on. Even did my workout that same day. That was one small victory, just not giving up at a perceived setback. It paid off, because the water all came off during the weekend, where my only workouts are leisurely walking. So I'd ultimately lost two lbs from where I began that week.

I completely agree with this part of your post! About a month ago I had a huge freakout when I weighed myself one week and I had lost a whopping 5 pounds, then went back the next week and I was 2 pounds up. I mean HUGE freakout like crying, depressed, blah blah. This week I had a similar victory as yours, where I have not weighed myself yet- but I also have not let the idea that i MAY gain weight because of my excessive exercise (Insanity) and I will still be okay. I think mental victories are so much better than physical victories any day.

Ooohhh thank you for these posts! I am going through this right now! I just started C25k and Insanity Sunday and I am up a few pounds ( I know its water retention but STILL!! UGH) and my abs are even swollen from the running, (which I never knew you used your abs so much for running) and so yeah, it even looks like I gained. It sucks...and it's a blow to the ego when I am eating so clean too. Oh well...if anything i will be more toned!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Been a full year since my last suicide attempt :)

Tis the most moving one I've read. Had a friend in HS who committed suicide and I still think about him to this day. SO PROUD of you for still being here!!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Two mini-successes...

1) Being able to do over 30 push-ups...on my toes...even at over 200 lbs.

2) Attending my 20-year high school reunion looking the same as I did at my 10-year reunion.

I've lost 50 lbs and have another 70 lbs to go. My next "mini-success" will be my halfway point...
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! It really is the little things that can totally motivate you to keep going. At first, my tight pants fit nicely - then got loose - then got too big. Even is the scale seemed stuck, the pants let me know I was losing body fat. I brought almost my entire wardrobe into the office and gave it to a co-worker who is also losing weight, but has about 20 pounds on me. She was thrilled to get those clothes, and I am thrilled to have to buy smaller ones!
  • melissaharned39
    melissaharned39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of shorts at the begining of the summer and came home to find they were too small. Well I found those shorts yesterday and tried them on again and they were too big! :)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I just finished NROLFW stage 2 (just lowered my calories though) and have noticed some definition on my arms and calves! :)
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    One of my very favorite mini successes is that I am now able to use the "normal" size towels....like the size they have in hotel rooms. For the longest time (maybe nine or so) I had to use the large "bath" towels. I almost think I could wrap that around me twice now!!

And I just feel good, I feel really good. :wink:
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm loving that all my pants are really loose now. Another few pounds and I think the next size down will be the better fit! P.S. I love the mini-victory of using a regular towel. I always hated how towels seemed to be "getting smaller." ;)
  • katieyarwood
    Options
    I dont know how to add quotes but this is something i can relate too.

"Also... no more antidepressants or suicidal thoughts.. happier than ever! =)"
  • tefferrs
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats :)

I haven't lost any weight so I don't have similar victories but I haven't purged in 10 days :)

Great job! : )
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I joined a running club yesterday fully expecting to not be able to keep up and make a complete idiot of myself.
    Well I not only kept going for an entire 2.5miles but I enjoyed it and can't wait to go back!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    wearing an ankle bracelet for the first time..... I've always wanted one.... and could never find one big enough to fit around my ankles.... when I finally bought one.... it was too big!.... I have to wear it on the smallest link..... and as annoying as it is to wear....... I FREAKING LOVE IT :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!