Beautiful Blues

Options

Replies

• shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Okay, so last week I counted calories, only went over a couple days, and they were both dinner. I walked for a 1/2 hour at lunch
    Tues, Wed, Thurs. (Mon and Fri I had errands to run). And the only soda I've had was Diet Spite (caffeine free). Got on the scale
    this morning and no change. What gives? I even portioned out my Fat Free Pringles Lite for a mid-afternoon snack. You know how hard it is to eat 14 chips and then stop? But I did it. I have been very conscience of what I am eating and how much. I am very disappointed that I have not lost anything this past week.
    I wish I could just hook the vaccum cleaner up to my belly button and just suck the fat out!!! :wink:

Sorry Blues....nothing to contribute to our team weight loss! :cry:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Almomay - that sounds tough to work thru all the foods.....I am very proud of your determination for better health!

jess - sounds like a good idea to have testing done

taradise-you are awesome...that's all

mary-way to go!!!

I am showing a loss this week - so happy to say!

Ran 15 miles last week - 12 of them outside in the cold! Saw a friend sat and she said they were eating lunch and this women at next table said look at that idiot running...the idiot was me....never been more honored to be an idiot! Hubby said two years ago we'd have said the same thing and now I am jealous that I am not out there too when I see someone walking or running!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Okay, so last week I counted calories, only went over a couple days, and they were both dinner. I walked for a 1/2 hour at lunch
    Tues, Wed, Thurs. (Mon and Fri I had errands to run). And the only soda I've had was Diet Spite (caffeine free). Got on the scale
    this morning and no change. What gives? I even portioned out my Fat Free Pringles Lite for a mid-afternoon snack. You know how hard it is to eat 14 chips and then stop? But I did it. I have been very conscience of what I am eating and how much. I am very disappointed that I have not lost anything this past week.
    I wish I could just hook the vaccum cleaner up to my belly button and just suck the fat out!!! :wink:

I love the vacuum suction idea! Wish it was that easy. The scale wasn't nice to me either. I had a couple bad days through. But I've had perfect weeks, just like you, and got nothing out of it. I was so upset. Sometimes that throws me off and I nearly give up. It's so hard. Our bodies just aren't as simple as staying within your calories I guess.

You and I both will pick ourselves up this week and keep on moving forward. I remind myself that this is a not a diet but a lifestyle change - that doesn't make it easier though. I'm still trying to find my sweet spot where everything is all in perfect balance. Keep your head up! Keep on truckin'!
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options

I love the vacuum suction idea! Wish it was that easy. The scale wasn't nice to me either. I had a couple bad days through. But I've had perfect weeks, just like you, and got nothing out of it. I was so upset. Sometimes that throws me off and I nearly give up. It's so hard. Our bodies just aren't as simple as staying within your calories I guess.

You and I both will pick ourselves up this week and keep on moving forward. I remind myself that this is a not a diet but a lifestyle change - that doesn't make it easier though. I'm still trying to find my sweet spot where everything is all in perfect balance. Keep your head up! Keep on truckin'!

Thanks, Taradise! Coming from you, that is very motivational!!! :drinker:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Ooops double posted. :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am still alive! I really fell off the wagon. I got to the point where I wanted to eat everything that was sugar in the entire house. I don't know what came over me. I have not had a bowl of ice cream for dinner--ever and I found myself doing that yesterday. Luckily I think that is over now, and I am going to do more emotional work as I know that is my downfall!

I have a few weights, don't forget to send them in today!

I am back to exercising this morning so I am planning on surpassing the 175 mark sometime soon. I have not gotten below it in months and I am ready to step it up so I can get out of the 170s, finally!!

Time to put on our game faces and no more excuses!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    chrissyh- I would love to be that idiot anytime. I think people sometimes say dumb things when they're jeolouse. (forgot how to spell that word). I myself am waiting for the spring to run outside since I consider myself a newbie. For the meantime I'm training in the treadmill. I would love to do a 5k and take a pic like you guys have running in a race. You go girl!!

Debnu- I have been there. I find that for me the best thing is to have sweets, and to practice portion control. If it's something I want to eat every day it's fine to do that, as long as it's according to the portions and I can fit it into my daily calories. I've learned the hard way not to deprive myself because then when I'm faced with it, the cravings are worst. Glad your game face is on!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    NO more exscuses

I fell way off the workout wagon but I am determined to jump back on it today. Hubby is cooking dinner so I will have time to do something while he cooks.

Chrissy I asspire to be that idiot. I am going to start the C25K when it is light when I get home wich I am hoping will be soon
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I've been doing that no sugar challenge too....last week I only had sugar in oatmeal two days and monday before I started I had had a fat free cranberry orange muffin - other than that - no sweets last week....even starbucks - I only went once and got sugar free caramel. I think it really helped me rid those holiday extras and I feel really good!

From - your proud idiot! I just love it!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Ok little problem with the soup I brought for lunch, I don't like it. I just heated it up and started eating and I don't like it at all. I am not counting this as a failure for my challange this week, but know I am going to have to try to go find something health while running my errands
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I am not a big fan of canned soups....I can tolerate clam chowder and I like traditional cheap chicken noodle and tomato....what kind of soup is it?

I am making like a chicken stew for supper....I have chicken breasts, onion and garlic boiling in water with a can of chicken broth added....going to add potatoes, a few brussel sprouts later...I was out of carrots and had brussel sprouts....both of my kids stomachs were upset yesterday so hopefully this will be a good choice for all of us....that with some crescent rolls and we're good to go!
  • smadag1
    Options
    It was select harvest southwest vegtable. I need to learn to cook homemade soup in our crock pot. I actually just neede to learn to cook better in general.

I CAN NOT stand frozed dinner they just do not taste mgood to me at all
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm very upset and ready to just give up I'm so sick of not loosing weight. I exercised I ate right I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. Should I bump up my exercise go from 1/2hr. I'm just so very fusterated i can't even express it at this point. :explode: :explode:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Jess - don't you dare give up....you've worked to hard to.....maybe try maintenance calories for a few weeks then back to hardcore again.....it'll confuse your metabolism a bit.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    It was select harvest southwest vegtable. I need to learn to cook homemade soup in our crock pot. I actually just neede to learn to cook better in general.

I CAN NOT stand frozed dinner they just do not taste mgood to me at all

My soup is very bland so far...thinking I will go get some boullion to put in it or chicken gravy mix.....all I know is it tastes like watered down chicken broth right now....I guess technically it is watered down chicken broth
  • debnu1
    Options
    I have some really easy and tasty soup recipes, I will go find them.

Remember this is worth it. You are making your body healthier! You can do this. The scale doesn't determine who you are. You do!

Now drop and give me 5 pushups.

Don't you feel better. I do!

:bigsmile: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    Options
    Here is a really easy recipe for taco soup. I love this stuff. I have not figured the cal count on it yet, but I will when I know how many servings it is. Serving size is 1 to 1-1/2 cups

Taco Soup

1 lb lean ground beef

1/2-1 cup onion chopped

1 16 oz can tomatoes

1 16 oz can whole kernel corn with liquid

1 16 oz can pinto or kidney beans with liquid

1 cup salsa

1 package McCormick taco seasoning mix

1 8 oz can tomato sauce

1 cup water if needed

Brown hamburger and onion together. Remove grease. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes or until all is well mixed and heated through. Serve with corn chips, grated cheese and sour cream if desired.

I make this in the crockpot too. So easy!!

Here is a basic Chicken and rice soup

8 cups chicken broth
    2 carrots, chopped
    1 medium onion chopped
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    3 large garlic cloves, chopped
    1 cup uncooked long-grain brown or white rice
    2 tsp. dried crumbled thyme
    2 cups cooked chicken cut in small pieces

Bring vegetables and chicken broth to a boil in heavy large pot over high heat. Mix in rice and thyme. Return soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer soup uncovered until rice is tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes (45 for brown rice). Add chicken and simmer until heated through, thinning with additional broth if desired. Season with salt and pepper.

Zonya's Miracle soup (in the database 85 cals for 1-1/2 cups!)

6 cups water
    4 cups low-sodium vegtable juice
    3 large onions
    1 green bell pepper, seeded
    6 celery stalks
    10 carrots
    2 cans (14.5 oz each) stewed tomatoes
    4 cups cored and shredded cabbage
    1/2 cup salsa
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (opt)
    1 tsp dried basil
    2 tsp dried oregano
    1 envelope dry onion or vegetable soup mix or 2 tsp low-sodium chicken bouillon
    5 dashes Tabasco sauce (to taste)

Place water and vegetable juice in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Chop vegetables into bite sized pieces, Toss vegetables and other ingredients into pot. SImmer until the vegetables are as done as you like, about 20 minutes. Serve hot off the stove with crackers or a sandwich. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and freezes very well!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Yumm thanks deb! To save this one, I added better than boullion chicken low sodium and 1 can of 98% fat free cream of chicken - it's amazing now!

I can't wait to try taco soup
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Jess - don't you dare give up....you've worked to hard to.....maybe try maintenance calories for a few weeks then back to hardcore again.....it'll confuse your metabolism a bit.

By the maintaince calories does that mean eat my exercise calories??

Also, I bumped up my workout and going to the rest of this week. I'm going to walk/jog on the treadmill for 1/2hr and then do Biggest loser bootcamp for 15mins which would be a total of 45mins of working out. I think I'm going to break it up if it gets to be too much with seizures. Maybe 1/2hr on the treadmill on the morning and the 15mins in the afternoon we will have to see how it all works out. Things are going to start getting crazy now with Wrestling starting tonight. Ugh. I love wrestling but with hubby working and me doing all the work that stress's me out even more during the days I have to do this all by myself.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Recalculate your goals-instead of saying you want to lose a pound or two or half a week, put maintain weight....if you exercise I would eat at least half those calories...the point is feeding your body for a couple weeks or a month when you start back to a deficit I think you'll see a difference but remember during this time you are NOT losing weight you are maintaining. I think that's why with the holidays, I was eating more maintanence and some higher days due to fudge....then when I re-focused, the weights melting off again.

Be patient....remember how much better you feel about yourself and physically than when you started....its all worth it!

Please make sure you are allowing yourself at least 1 rest day a week.