Body LIft Surgery in less than 20 hours.... GULP!

Options
Hello MFPers!!

I just wanted to ask for your thoughts and/or Prayers for tomorrow morning the culmination of 38 months of Hard Work will take me to one of the final stages of my weight loss journey. I will be going in for my circumferential body lift surgery at 7:30 a.m. After losing 311 lbs. I have been left with a bunch of excess skin that no matter how much I exercise will never go away without some intervention. My surgeon believes I should lose between 12-20 lbs. (he just doesn't know exactly until he weighs everything removed) My current weight is 249 lbs. and my long term goal I set back when I was 560 lbs. was 225 lbs. So I will be very close. The best part will be to finally eat in maintenance and also doing some bulking and cutting phases to gain muscle and lower my body fat percentage.

I created a blog (which was ok'd by MFP) for me to share this part of my journey. I posted a link to it last week but wanted to give those that did not see it, the chance to follow me through this process. I will be doing more video's and writing to my blog about the process and maybe it will help answer some question for those thinking about this surgery... Thank you in advance for the Thoughts and Prayers and follow my blog if you would like to know how I am doing.....

Blog is: www.gettingfit4life.com

Thanks again
Ed

Replies

• MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Here's wishing you an uneventful surgery and recovery!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    good luck, you will do fine
  • alanrosez
    Options
    Good luck!
  • EgglessKeto
    Options
    Congratulations on coming so far! Best wishes for your continued journey.
  • anntyson
    anntyson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'll b praying for a speedy recovery.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    good luck!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you, I hope it all goes well and that your recovery is smooth!
  • Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow - great job! I will send postitive thoughts your way tomorrow:) Good luck.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery! And wanted to let you know you are such an inspiration!!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    All the best - looking forward to hearing how everything goes! I'm sure it will be a huge relief for you and you'll be 'better' than new in no time!
  • MADCAT333
    Options
    Good luck and a speedy recovery !
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment- congratulations! Wishing your a complication free surgery and recovery :)
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sending up a prayer for you right now!!! Congratulations on your success and entering into this new phase of your journey!! I'm sure its got to feel AWESOME!!!! You've worked hard to get there so relish it!!! Best wishes!!!
  • zigeuner62
    Options
    Wishing you all the best on your surgery and a speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers are with you. You've come such a long way and are such an inspiration.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ed on losing over 300 pounds and getting to the final stages of your weight loss journey! You have my prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery. You are such an inspiration to many and I have enjoyed hearing all about your journey as well as your progress pictures. Thank you for putting your story out there, you have been such a help and encouragement to so many people, me included. I am so happy for you, Your hard work and determination is amazing and I truly admire you. :flowerforyou:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    wishing you all the best. I saw your blog and the video. You did a lot of work and its all paying off. You deserve this body lift and I hope its all that you hope it will be.
  • waydizzy
    Options
    Sending good thoughts! Enjoy your new body! :)
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Quick prayer for your surgery and recovery. What an amazing journey so far.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you! I'm ecstatic that you have made such a HUGE transformation and commitment to your lifestyle. You're truly an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • mistygrt
    mistygrt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are an inspiration! Congrats on how far you have come. You are gonna do great. Praying for a smooth recovery! :)