Binge meals that you used to think was normal

Options

Replies

• aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A huge bag of doritos (the blue ones), four milkybar yogurts, two Morrisons cream scones and a whole PACK of echo biscuits. :sick:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    a $4 bag of Lays potato chips and a Dr. Pepper.
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Homemade chocolate chip cookies. If I made a batch of 24, the first batch of 12 would be gone before the second batch came out of the oven. Needless to say, I don't make them anymore.
  • Surecutie
    Surecutie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake from cheesecake factory. One slice is over 1300 calories...and it was always my dessert after some other non nutritious food like fries and fried chicken.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school: 7 hard shell beef Taco Bell tacos, rice, cinnamon twist and one of their huge drinks
  • Stevensno
    Options
    Oh, and fish finger butties ( Warburtons bread) .Every Saturday morning I'd eat 10 fish fingers and four/ six rounds of bread and think It was normal !
  • wingednotes
    Options
    omg, so many to count. i've done the whole pizza thing that was mentioned a bunch of times.
    some of my other "favorites" also:

- Tortilla chips (whole bag) and tostidos spinach dip (whole thing.) I would literally stick my fingers in and lick them to get every little bit.

- Drive thru Mcdonalds number 2, followed by drive thru burger king number 1 (eating meal 1 while driving to meal 2)

- Cook mac and cheese box and eat entire thing out of pot with hot sauce on top

- ordering chinese food (10 dollar minimum) - so I'd get the sweet and sour chicken and eggroll, and get 2 other egg rolls to make the 10 dollars. then i'd eat the whole thing.

And that would be one week. The next week I'd try to be "good" to make up for it. Being good lasted a few days. Then it would start all over.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Poutine and cupcakes! Breakfast of champions.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    When McDonalds ran their buy a big mac meal, get a big mac for a penny I went for it!

So...
    2 Big Macs
    1 Large fry
    1 Large Coke

That was my lunch....
    I'm proud to say that I haven't eaten McDonalds in almost 4 months :)

WOW... Did the calorie count for that one...

Calories: 1900
    Fat: 83g
    Carbs: 240g
    Sugar: 104g
    Protein: 56g
    Sodium: 2370mg

Holy crap!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I used to love Carne asda Fries (french fries, marinated steak, quacamole, cheese) I'd eat 1/2 to 3/4 of the square styrafoam container. Turns out an 1/8th of it was almost my full days calories.

Same with Apple Crisp with ice cream.

They don't sound like much of a binge until you look up the calories...little food for ALOT of calories

I also used to eat 3/4 of a large pizza

whole think of mac & cheese with chili

and 32 Oz pepsi's (2) in a day
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    A bowl of chicken madras, side order of pilau rice,keema naan, poppadoms, lime pickle and two or three ice cold Stella's.

Now where's the harm in that ? :)

Snap!!

I used to eat a pack of crisps, can of pop and a chocolate bar on the way to work in the mornings too lol
  • lovemepurple88
    lovemepurple88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It depended on my mood, if I wanted Chinese food, I would get a large chicken fried rice+2 spring/shrimp rolls+an order of sesame chicken with white rice.

OR

If it was a pizza evening, I would order from Dominoes and get a medium extra cheese pizza+chicken wings+ an order of cheesy bread+two of those little lava cakes +soda.
  • Pasta, garlic bread and wine. Then there was the cookies. I was the cookie monster of the house. There wasn't a cookie I did not like. Favorite candy Reese's peanut butter cup. Now I tell my husband to get tootsie rolls because I hate them. To me that was not chocolate!
  • staygoldeast
    Options
    There have been several Sunday's in the past whereby I would have a full English breakfast, a very liquid lunch down the pub, followed by a roast beef dinner, tub of Ben & Jerrys, packet of Bourbon Biscuits with a coffee, maybe a couple of bags of pork scratchings thrown in for good measure.

I don't think what I've eaten in the last two days, maybe three, would equal the old Sunday session ha ha
  • Kslutsky83
    Kslutsky83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A few years ago when I was much larger I used to think it was normal to go into Cheesecake Factory with my girlfriends order (Potstickers,Avacado Rolls,Cheeseburger with Sweet Potato Fries and tons of Coke and then I would get a pumpkin Cream cheese cake)

Now I go in and order a small chicken breast and a small side salad with Fat Free Dressing and I will either have Diet Coke or Iced tea or if Im feeling Healthy a glass of water!
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how quickly two of us could decimate entire batches of brownies, cookies, or cupcakes.
    Routinely, half of a large pizza along with garlic twists, salad and several beers.
    Gigantic sodas - only an occasional treat for me, but always 64 ounces
    Entire large buckets of popcorn at the movies (still working on this one...)
    But my biggest shock was when I looked up the calories in my standard Taco Bell order. In college I ate Taco Bell four or five times a week. 2300 calories - one meal!
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    Pizza. A large Dominoes Brooklyn style to myself basically. Pizza is really hard for me. Carbs and cheese and sauce and oh my. So I don't eat pizza much anymore, or limit myself to one slice.

Snack days at work, but it's impossible to say how many calories we eat (the department goes nuts), but we eat a lot throughout the day.

My sister and I used to order Chinese a lot. I can only imagine. Spring rolls and ginger beef, dry garlic ribs, honey garlic pork. Pretty much all the meat was deep fried.

My family frequented a buffet place a lot when I was in highschool... all the shrimp and perogies and chinese and pizza. Oh my god.

I haven't eaten McDonald's in a long time, but when I was a teenager my meal was 2 cheeseburgers, medium fry, medium coke (in Canada the medium comes standard), but I know we supersized a lot.

No wonder I was fat lol.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    A huge 'made for sharing' bag of Doritos all to myself, with a tub of soured cream! :-) Or a six-pack of Wheat Crunchies or Skips, or both, eaten all at once. I can easily eat 12 bags of crisps at a time! I thought other people did that too, but they laughed when I told them I did it, so I'm guessing it's not normal! :-) I'd still do it again though, just not so often, and I'd eat half the bag of Doritos, and only three bags of Wheat Crunchies at a time!

We do, trust me - maybe not the people you told but we're out here.

That is the hardest thing for me to cut out. I love crisps - a 24 multi pack lasted 2 - 3 days at the max in my house and I live alone ;-?

Lol - so glad I'm not the only one! :-) I don't think I will ever cut out crisps completely - I love them so much.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I thought large pizza (takeaway) was single serving size :embarassed: plus sides and full fat coke. Now me and dh share a small sized shop bought one.

Share bags of crisps were single serving.

Carverys were a huge weakness for me - I piled my plate mostly of roast potatoes and cauliflower cheese. I went to one yesterday (for my sister in law's birthday) and still ate a lot but fitted it in (mostly cos I fell asleep before my tea due to feeling ill).

Always went for the extra large meals when out and then had a pudding (usually the most calorific one on the menu).

I look at the portion sizes I used to eat and can't believe how much I could eat. I don't miss feeling so overstuffed I feel ill.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This only happened once but I cringe to think of it now, a 12 piece KFC bucket with 4 fries, 1 corn on the cob and 1 gravy tub, I ate it all in one sitting except 2 pieces of chicken and 1 portion of fries that my mother ate. So sickening to think of it, thank God I woke up and sorted myself out or would have been one of those people who had to get a crane to get them out of their house!