Binge meals that you used to think was normal

Options

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I use to eat one of everything at Dim Sum. Today we had 2 sweets and I ate half of one and my family was pushing the custard pie and I said no. They were "why you like the custard pie?" I said, "I've had one dessert I don't need two." Then it all made sense to them.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    a very typical meal when eating out would be....

fried calamari
    bread dipped in olive oil
    ceasar salad (extra dressing)
    pasta carbonara or alfredo
    creme brulee or tiramisu
    1 bottle of wine
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    a very typical meal when eating out would be....

fried calamari
    bread dipped in olive oil
    ceasar salad (extra dressing)
    pasta carbonara or alfredo
    creme brulee or tiramisu
    1 bottle of wine
    Since you don't mention the portion sizes, this is meaningless. Appetizer, bread, salad, entree, dessert, wine. That is a normal meal for dining out. I'm sorry if you don't understand that you can still eat normal amounts of food.
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I used to work at an ice cream parlor and because we got free "treats", ice cream became a major staple in our diets. I'm pretty sure I was putting away 2-3 hot fudge brownie sundaes a week, at about 1,300 calories each. We'd usually end up drinking whatever extra was left when we'd make milkshakes. On top of this, we'd usually go to McDonald's and I would eat a McDouble, a McChicken, and 2 apple pies. I never really considered how terrible all of this was.

I'd also eat Papa John's BBQ Chicken Bacon Large pizzas all by myself maybe once every two weeks or so... But when I did that I was 100% aware that it was, like, the worst thing ever and didn't really consider that normal.
  • jenbcz
    jenbcz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My binge was uaually Chinese food: a big bowl of wor wonton soup, cantonese chow mein and salt & pepper squid with plum sauce. The serving sizes were the big plates that you're supposed to share around the table. I always ordered it take-out and then sat and ate it while watching a movie, or reading a book. Soooo good, But I always felt sick full afterwards, bleh, don't miss that.
    Or, a binge from the grocery store: Big bag of hot wing & blue cheese potato chips, a box of jalapeno poppers (yah , I love spicy stuff), I big deli thing of california rolls and bottle of Koala pop (fruit juice pop, so good).

I knew this was not normal eating. I always did it when my husband was away on business and the kids were in bed. Closet eating disorder . . . hmmmm.

Random funny quote: "Life is not a box of chocolates, it's more like a jalapeno pepper, what you do today may burn you in the butt tomorrow" :laugh:
  • jgirl09
    Options
    Little embarrassed to say:

Popeyes:
    1 chicken wrap
    5 chicken strips with bbq sauce and mardis gras mustard
    small fry or mashed potatoes with gravy
    1 biscuit with honey
    1 regular drink
    (this was one meal of the day, along with candy or ice cream to follow)

Pizza Hut:
    Half of a large pizza
    2 or 3 breadsticks with ranch and marinara

I'm a fast food junkie...or was and on top of that my husband and I would buy chips, candy, and pints of ice cream and eat it all in one day.
  • RedMeeko
    RedMeeko Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had several. From In A Tub I would order 7 tacos. 7!!

From McDonalds I would get a super size big mac meal with fries, and an oreo mcflurry.

Or at my worst I would go to Sonic. I would order a super double sonic burger with mayo, ketchup, mustard. A large chili cheese tator tot, a route 44 cherry limeade and a medium sonic blast.
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for all the replies guys. Seems binging is something a lot of us did.

Just another one from me...

Jumbo Sausage, Corned Beef Pasty, large Chips and a buttered bread roll from the chippy.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    KFC - a burger .... 6 nuggets.....2 breadrolls ... chips ... and a chocolate dessert.
    even the "healthy" option of Subway isnt healthy if you eat a footlong meatball sub with extra cheese and round it off with a large fanta and SIX cookies.

or my other vice chocolate - a whole packet of Tim-Tams in a sitting was not unusual
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    the whole pizza all for myself was the biggest thing i could ever finish.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    15 inch apache pizza

or one night my dinner was

"Large packet of Hunky Dories
    Murg Chicken Tikka Starter
    Chicken Jalferzi, Pilau Rice and Pomadomes/Dip

Bottle of red wine and two chocolate bars"

I look at Man V Food and honestly I could do half his challegnes without breaking a sweat
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerrys. Thankfully (in a sad way) I can't buy it where I live now
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I remember eating a whole dozen doughnuts when I was a kid. So thankful I have stopped that binging madddddness. Now if I am super hungry, I fill up on a ton of fruits and veggies. I still have a killer appetite but I limit myslelf to certain eating hours every day and that is how I work around it. When I eat, I get that satisfied feeling so I have something to look forward to every day. Saving my calories up to one specific time of day is really working well for me and most importantly it is something I can live with :). I see binge eating as a very serious eating disorder now.
  • Bella_Italiana
    Options
    I am vegetarian so most people can't understand how i picked up so much weight...

Here's why & how...

1 large margherita pizza with triple cheese from Debonairs
    1 box of potato wedges
    2 cans coke zero
    1 slab Cadbury's Bubbly
    2 packets sweet coloured popcorn

And that was when i was having a good day...

I also would eat all of the above when i was not gonna go out or see anyone on that particular day...
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my weakness.. I have put away mmmmmmany whole large pizzas in my day. It's still difficult to stop at just 1-2 slices nowadays, so I try to stay away from it for the time being.

One day I'll learn some self-control. :)

Edited to add:

I've also been known to eat Grands Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls. -- The whole pan of them. :embarassed:

And entire boxes of cereal in one sitting.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    haha when I was 400 lbs my favorite meal was

supersize coke
    2 big macs
    supersize fry with sweet and sour sauce for dipping
    20 pc chicken nuggets

I'd do that 2x/day and breakfast would be 2 mc griddles with cheese and I'd have a DQ large bizzard most days. I don't know how I wasn't 500 pounds.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm going to categorise this by eatery:

Greggs binge: two cheese and onion pasties, two sausage and bean melts, huge bag of crisps, custard doughnut, Diet Coke (I know).

McDonalds binge: supersize Mega Mac meal, Diet Coke, McMinis and a McFlurry (that's more a list of largely discontinued McDs items in the UK, looking at it!).

Home snackage in secret binge: two big bars of Galaxy/Dairy Milk, big bag of Walkers Sensations, half a packet of chocolate Hob Nobs.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'm going to categorise this by eatery:

Greggs binge: two cheese and onion pasties, two sausage and bean melts, huge bag of crisps, custard doughnut, Diet Coke (I know).

McDonalds binge: supersize Mega Mac meal, Diet Coke, McMinis and a McFlurry (that's more a list of largely discontinued McDs items in the UK, looking at it!).

Home snackage in secret binge: two big bars of Galaxy/Dairy Milk, big bag of Walkers Sensations, half a packet of chocolate Hob Nobs.

Marry me lol

Best part of that post "Diet Coke" lol
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A whole loaf, toasted and buttered - with nutella.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

haha i find it so funny that most of you had a diet coke with all that food :):)