Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Lori you couldnt rad ti becasue it was set to friends only and guess what we are not friends...lol how did that happen??? Sending a request now!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm not going to take the time to respond to all the great communication on here right now. Just got back from the gym, eating my AM snack. Can't wait for a shower. I ate tilapia last night and I swear my sweat smells like fish! :noway: The fish WAS strong, but gee wiz that's nasty! All during step class I kept hoping nobody else got a whiff... or if they did, they didn't know it was me. LOL

Call it a healthy eating hazard I suppose. I was planning on left overs for lunch, but I'm rethinking.

Everybody's probably thinking the late chick with the strong perfume is smellin' pretty good right about now.

I can't stop chuckling! I have a better explanation. I do not reek o'fish!

When we were at my parents house my mom made crabcakes for dinner one night. The crab meat was strong! Their laundry is in a closet right off the kitchen. When we got home from their house I was putting away clothes the shirt that was washed, folded and laying on top the dryer the day of the crabcakes smelled just like them! It was incredibly strong in the fabric. DH found his 'crabcake shirt' a few days later when he put it on and immediately took it back off.

I realized as I was peeling off my tank top and smelling how bad it was that I wore that tank to the gym the AM of the crabcakes. It was then washed and folded and laid there while the crab cakes cooked. My tank top reeked of crabcake! I guess I didn't notice it this morning because it was cold and I immediately threw on a sweatshirt over top of it.

I gotta say, even though they were stinky, them were some yummo crabcakes! LOL Guess I should thank my mom for sending me to the gym smelling like the catch of the day. :laugh:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options
    Happy Triathlon Day! Woo Hoo we can start logging our mileage today. I'm guessing the gym will be packed at noon today and it will be hard to get a bike or rower. The 4 women from my office who are doing the challenge were talking about changing our lunch schedule up so we could have machines. Maybe we'll be surprised though. I'll report in after lunch.

Great challenges this week. I really needed the water one. I've been really slacking. I will do the sweets challenge as well, with the exception of a tiny piece of b-day cake from Emerson's b-day party on Saturday. But, I promise that'll be the only sweet to pass these lips and I'll make it a small piece. Scouts honor!

Marla and Jeannie - Thanks for the hug and slap. Needed it.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Happy Triathlon Day! Woo Hoo we can start logging our mileage today. I'm guessing the gym will be packed at noon today and it will be hard to get a bike or rower. The 4 women from my office who are doing the challenge were talking about changing our lunch schedule up so we could have machines. Maybe we'll be surprised though. I'll report in after lunch.

Great challenges this week. I really needed the water one. I've been really slacking. I will do the sweets challenge as well, with the exception of a tiny piece of b-day cake from Emerson's b-day party on Saturday. But, I promise that'll be the only sweet to pass these lips and I'll make it a small piece. Scouts honor!

Good luck fighting for gym equipment, you can take 'em. Just push them outta your way. Women on a mission!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm not going to take the time to respond to all the great communication on here right now. Just got back from the gym, eating my AM snack. Can't wait for a shower. I ate tilapia last night and I swear my sweat smells like fish! :noway: The fish WAS strong, but gee wiz that's nasty! All during step class I kept hoping nobody else got a whiff... or if they did, they didn't know it was me. LOL

Call it a healthy eating hazard I suppose. I was planning on left overs for lunch, but I'm rethinking.

Everybody's probably thinking the late chick with the strong perfume is smellin' pretty good right about now.

When we were at my parents house my mom made crabcakes for dinner one night. The crab meat was strong! Their laundry is in a closet right off the kitchen. When we got home from their house I was putting away clothes the shirt that was washed, folded and laying on top the dryer the day of the crabcakes smelled just like them! It was incredibly strong in the fabric. DH found his 'crabcake shirt' a few days later when he put it on and immediately took it back off.

I realized as I was peeling off my tank top and smelling how bad it was that I wore that tank to the gym the AM of the crabcakes. It was then washed and folded and laid there while the crab cakes cooked. My tank top reeked of crabcake! I guess I didn't notice it this morning because it was cold and I immediately threw on a sweatshirt over top of it.

I gotta say, even though they were stinky, them were some yummo crabcakes! LOL Guess I should thank my mom for sending me to the gym smelling like the catch of the day. :laugh:

Crabcakes = Happiness. Now I know I am meant to bribe BF into them this weekend. That just made this Maryland girl's whole day.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options

Good luck fighting for gym equipment, you can take 'em. Just push them outta your way. Women on a mission!

:mad: I'll show them the mad face. They better hope I don't have to use my mom voice.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Lori you couldnt rad ti becasue it was set to friends only and guess what we are not friends...lol how did that happen??? Sending a request now!!!

Tamara- yes you are eating a little more, I'm proud, you are moving in the right direction. Do you really never eat dinner? Lunch is your last meal of the day? I would shrivel up and die! Remember, 5 to 6 small meals a day is the best way to keep your metabolism chugging away!

I am eating 75% of my exercise calories (or trying). I figure some of those I would burn anyway, even if I wasn't exercising, so I am giving that 25%, plus it helps with the few things I may not count, like seasoning in taco meat, the olive oil on the bottom of the dish with my sweet tater when it's baking, etc.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    So far, so good today...getting plenty of water and no junk for me. Whoo hoo!

Thinking about changing gyms in the near future. I really like the one I have been going to, but it's just so terribly inconvenient now that I've moved. I keep hearing about Planet Fitness from the "resolutionists" at work, so I will likely go and check it out this week.
  • 72lori
    Options

Crabcakes = Happiness. Now I know I am meant to bribe BF into them this weekend. That just made this Maryland girl's whole day.

My mom's crabcakes are soooo good. Yet, when I ask for the 'recipe' it's a little of this and a little of that' until it looks right kinda answer. I should have helped make them so I know what they are supposed to look like! I need a little more specific directions.

(Edit: Managed to post that smack dab in the middle of all the quotes. Needed to fix it! Ooops.)
  • 72lori
    Options

:mad: I'll show them the mad face. They better hope I don't have to use my mom voice.

Uh oh, the mom voice! Do it!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

My mom's crabcakes are soooo good. Yet, when I ask for the 'recipe' it's a little of this and a little of that' until it looks right kinda answer. I should have helped make them so I know what they are supposed to look like! I need a little more specific directions.

(managed to post that smack dab in the middle of this. ooops.)

Yeah, I just kind throw things into mine too. Good stuff.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Wow, yes I'm pumped...Good afternoon everyone...did taebo 40 video this morning and 25 min abs..walking treadmill later...have a productive day.:wink:

will drink my water each day, and I have a leg up on the sweets, cause I don't crave them..ya
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

Tamara- yes you are eating a little more, I'm proud, you are moving in the right direction. Do you really never eat dinner? Lunch is your last meal of the day? I would shrivel up and die! Remember, 5 to 6 small meals a day is the best way to keep your metabolism chugging away!

I am eating 75% of my exercise calories (or trying). I figure some of those I would burn anyway, even if I wasn't exercising, so I am giving that 25%, plus it helps with the few things I may not count, like seasoning in taco meat, the olive oil on the bottom of the dish with my sweet tater when it's baking, etc.

No Lori I eat dinner i eat everything on my list maybe just not at that perticular time, I have been logging the same things for so long I just click it and run. I do eat dinner however most of the time pretty early like 4 go to the gym 430 to 530 come home and eat a high protein something before 6 becasue I never eat after 6, so there you go... I am glad you asked I meant to put that in here the other day, but just forgot,,,,

Fixin to eat my normandy blend vegetables then get back to cleaning before I have to go get my DD at 145 pm. Hope everyone turned in thier weights to andrew
  • wmchick81
    wmchick81 Posts: 273
    Options
    I also would like to join this challenge. My starting weight is 128 which is high for me saying as I am only 5f2. I would like to get down to 110-115. I am starting to get in a rut with my gym routine and this low calorie eating. I get up most mornings at 5 and head to the gym before having a full day of teaching and then tutoring. By the time I get home at night, I am too exhausted to do much of anything. I am not seeing the results I would like or really any at this point. Maybe this will help!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OK, just had to check back in and let you know that you saved me..

The Starburst in the vending machine outside my office have been calling to me for the last hour, but I got up and got another refill on my water bottle and a cup of tea. I just couldn't imagine having to log it...

*SIGH*

Janie
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    ^sigh........beanie weenies is here, all is right with the world.

:love: Jeannie

:laugh: You kill me. *hugs* Thanks for the warm welcome back. It warms me up from all this WATER I've been chugging. Chug a lug, baby!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Wow, yes I'm pumped...Good afternoon everyone...did taebo 40 video this morning and 25 min abs..walking treadmill later...have a productive day.:wink:

will drink my water each day, and I have a leg up on the sweets, cause I don't crave them..ya

WTG! That's an excellent start to the day!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    OK, just had to check back in and let you know that you saved me..

The Starburst in the vending machine outside my office have been calling to me for the last hour, but I got up and got another refill on my water bottle and a cup of tea. I just couldn't imagine having to log it...

*SIGH*

Janie

*plugs ears* LALALALALA I don't want Starbursts I don't want Starbursts I don't want Starburts LALALALA

:bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Go Leslie...go Leslie...go Leslie.

Great workout!

I'm heading down to turbo something or other....I'll let you know what later.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    A side note after talking about being 'stuck'.

REMEMBER! Take before pics, no matter how horrifying they seem . Take your measurements! Some days those are the things that I need to make me realize how far I have come!

We should all post our before and 'still working' pics from time to time, just as a reminder! I never get tired of seeing the successes of my friends. It gives me warm fuzzies!

I second this!! I look back at some pics of me when I was still at 335 lbs and I swear its just what I need to always make me feel proud of how far I have come. We all need a reminder sometimes of our accomplishments:happy: What better way to do that...time for a wake up call:wink: