Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Marla- way to run through the pain

Roni- hope you got some food in you

Tamara- stay home and relax, stay out of the junk though for goodness sake. Once a day to the gym really is enough. I promise.

Zippy- I think Marla asked, but where in PA?

Ok, I know there was more of you I wanted to comment on. I'm tired. Brain is not working properly.

I went to the gym, took and easy day, just did a Zumba class. Then I headed to do a few Christmas returns and ended up shopping, even though I swear just yesterday I said "We don't need a darn thing, we are going to pay off bills this year if it's the last thing we do and I'm not going to go shopping!" Food and shopping, both addictions I suppose. :ohwell:

I just typed a paragraph about how tired I was from shopping and then deleted it. Sorry working teamies. I am grateful for my situation and I won't complain that shopping exhausted me.....:blushing:

For real though, I am SORE. I did my leg workout yesterday. I whimpered when I got out of the car at the outlets. Out loud, made a sad squealing whimper sort of noise. It has progressively gotten worse all day long. Lifting my legs in the air hurts. The gym should be fun tomorrow. :happy:

Ok, promised myself 30 minutes on here. Time's up. Gotta make dinner for the hungry kids. It irritates them when it's close to dinner and they see me in the chair with the comptuer on my lap. Sheesh! They could certainly offer to help!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Roni....yes, indeed. Our team bonded incredibly. You're all so dedicated and inspiring....just love you all to bits!

Just had a lovely run....4 miles. Finished it in 41:30, even with a 3 minute period on one of the hills that I had to walk. Not bad for an old lady with arthritis. Finished with about a mile walk. Beautiful out today.

So proud of overcoming the pain....thought of you all on my last hill. Was soooooooo tired and wanted to stop, but thought of you all there pullin' for me, so on I went. Thanks, guys!

Lots of water...no sweets... good exercise...good friends....life is good.

(Scratching head...) I thought Wonder Woman went out back when we were kids...? I know she went off the air...Oh wait, silly me!! Thats not Wonder Woman...its Marla!!:tongue: I swear its getting so hard to tell the difference!

Seriously though Marla, you never cease to amaze me. Your always so busy with kids, dealing with pains, typing away on transcripts...did I say busy with kids? I honestly dont know how you hold it all together sometimes. And then to go out and do some of the runs you do...my hat goes off to you:flowerforyou: Yay for you! I couldnt run 4 miles on my best day right now!:laugh:

Isnt it interesting that we have Batman and Wonder Woman on our team?:wink: We are a lucky bunch!!:drinker:

Have a great night Black Team, see ya in the morning:smile:

~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ok ok I know I said I was going for the night:blushing:

Yes Lori, I did finally manage to get some food in me. Couldnt have held out much longer without it lol.

And dont you just love that kind of pain though? Thats the GOOD pain...tells you that you worked those muscles really good, right? As crazy as it may sound, I actually like it when I feel aches in my abs or arms or legs from working them out the day before. I feel like I did a good job:smile: Does that make me a glutton for punishment?:noway: :laugh:

Ok for real this time....have a good night team!:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    ok everyone I know its an awful picture but this is me after a 6.4 mile bike ride and 2.5 mile on machine!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    ok everyone I know its an awful picture but this is me after a 6.4 mile bike ride and 2.5 mile on machine!!!

Is that a huge wet spot on your shirt? I can't wear clothes like that, the wet fabric sticking to me drives me nuts. I wear tank tops year round and the sweat runs and flings and drips. Sorry to those around me.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Woooo-- you've never looked more beautiful!

Look at that sweat-- on my best day I can't sweat like that!

Go Tamara--

Roni-- thank you, my friend, for the kind words. Really appreciate it-- :smooched:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who posted encouraging words:smile: If we get that storm in the northeast I should get some real exercise! drinking my water :drinker: messed up on the sweets today but will remember the team spirit and fight off the foodies knowing I have the Batman Black Team behind me:love: Richie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey yall!

Awesome day...no sweets, lots of water, within my calories (I think- haven't logged yet, but today was full of good choices), picked up crabmeat for the weekend -on sale(!)...up until I was about to change at the gym. No sports bra in my bag.

Oh well. Still made good choices -and had an awesome, healthy dinner- patiently awaiting some nice chai tea.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thanks to all who posted encouraging words:smile: If we get that storm in the northeast I should get some real exercise! drinking my water :drinker: messed up on the sweets today but will remember the team spirit and fight off the foodies knowing I have the Batman Black Team behind me:love: Richie

Where are you located? I'm in New Jersey.
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow...what a work out! Yesterday I couldn't get into it and but suffered through it...today was totally different. I was running on that eliptical...hard...sweat pouring! Feels great. I messed up on the sweets and ate not one but 4 cookies today...I was on auto-pilot. I worked out hard to make up for it and it feels good. The water is a great challenge...I like it. Hope everyone had a great day! Tommorrow is Friday!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

Tamara- stay home and relax, stay out of the junk though for goodness sake. Once a day to the gym really is enough. I promise.

Ok, I know there was more of you I wanted to comment on. I'm tired. Brain is not working properly.

I went to the gym, took and easy day, just did a Zumba class. Then I headed to do a few Christmas returns and ended up shopping, even though I swear just yesterday I said "We don't need a darn thing, we are going to pay off bills this year if it's the last thing we do and I'm not going to go shopping!" Food and shopping, both addictions I suppose. :ohwell:

I just typed a paragraph about how tired I was from shopping and then deleted it. Sorry working teamies. I am grateful for my situation and I won't complain that shopping exhausted me.....:blushing:

For real though, I am SORE. I did my leg workout yesterday. I whimpered when I got out of the car at the outlets. Out loud, made a sad squealing whimper sort of noise. It has progressively gotten worse all day long. Lifting my legs in the air hurts. The gym should be fun tomorrow. :happy:

Ok, promised myself 30 minutes on here. Time's up. Gotta make dinner for the hungry kids. It irritates them when it's close to dinner and they see me in the chair with the comptuer on my lap. Sheesh! They could certainly offer to help!

I'm going to have to get use to carrying on conversations. Live in Abington PA just north of Phila. Are you from PA?
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello all....just wanted to put my first input/help/advice to the team!! Many times I cook a recipe for my family that has about 376 ingredients that are hard to put together into an actual number of calories per serving. So, here is a site where you can enter in all of the ingredients then put how many servings it cooks and then it tells you how much calories there are per serving....does that make any sense? Just go check it out.....it's awesome!!!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

Thanks for your support everyone!!

Bryanna
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    Ok, I finally lost another pound. I am only 210 now. Maybe by next week I can lose another 2 pounds. Its not much but every little bit helps.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Good evening black team!:drinker:

Marla and Shuntae- I hear you on the artificial sweetner thing. I am trying to phase it out and actually enjoy my coffee black. (I know...crazy man) Still remember the anti caffeine challenge last year. That was an UGLY week.

Roni- Oh kids, I hear you. Love mine to death but they have a way of changing your plans. lol

Richie- It's early in the winter and I am DONE with the snow. Ever since changing the lifestyle I enjoy being on the road with my bike and running outdoors. Being a Mainer, the weather rarely cooperates this time of year. But the shovelling is great cardio!

Tamara-A sweaty black teamer is a beautiful black teamer. Keep it up you as always kick "butt" and take names. (happy marla?)

Lori-So i bet the "stinky" girl from the gym complains to her friends about the sweaty girl dripping all over everyone! lol

Sara- I am proud of you. SO proud of you. Not because you ate cookies. (In fact if you keep that up I will come find you and take them away). I am proud of you because despite having a rough workout yesterday you stuck with it today. I am PROUD of you because you understood that eating four cookies didnt mean the day was lost. You made up for it in the gym. you got up on your VERY NEXT oppurtunity. This is what makes people succeed. No more "I'll start over tommorow" stuff. Our society is stuck in a "I'll start over tommorow" rut. You my dear seized the day and made it yours. Well done!

Jeannie-Your back in it lady. Look out!

Here is the bad and the good of what I see. The bad- seems to be a good number of folks stumbling on the sweets thing. The good thing is that not one of you made an excuse. You all admitted that you fell and didnt come up with some "reason" why. You guys are great and I am so proud to be on this team with you all.

I thought the Marla's introduction was a great way to get the team familiar with not only her but the team they have joined. So I thought I would do the same.

My Name is Andrew. As you guys figured out I got nicknamed batman. It was either Marla or Jeannie that first coined that nickname. I assume is the whole superhero who dresses in "Black" thing. I guess that day I had done something worthy of the title. It stuck. The picture was actually in response to being called batman. Anyway, that's where that came from.
    I'm a 29 year old father of two wonderful little guys. Aiden, who just turned 6 and Riley, 3. I have been Married to my wonderful wife Beth (musicmom04) for what will be five years this May. (I know, I know, Aiden 6.....5th wedding anniversary. black team controversy! eeeek!). Anyhoo, I have been big since my early teens. When Beth was pregnant with Aiden we both gained weight. Then we lost a bit for our wedding...then with Riley we gained again. I had spent most of my adult life around 250 lbs. Before I knew it I was 319. Tired, Depressed and hopeless. In November 2008 Beth and I decieded that enough was enough. We started getting active and found MFP in December. I logged in and saw that they were starting a biggest loser challenge. I signed up and was assigned to the Samantha's team (Bohlon15) The BLACK team. Over the last year I have learned so much about being healthy and taking care of my body. I started running at 250lbs and ran my first 5k in May of 2009. I've been in love with racing since. I was down to 194 In august and once the cold weather and holidays in I jumped back up to 208. (Lesson Learned) OMW back down. My job requires alot of travel and I work alot of hours so I don't take "I don't have time" as an excuse. If I have time....you have time. I am glad to have the chance to run the team this year as I am a type A personality (I'm sure those have been around a while know that.) And if I can help even one person get started then I'm a happy camper. Couple of before and after pics of the family to show what MFP and elbow grease did for us.

Summer of 2008
    fatties.jpg

Summer 2009
    187.jpg

Drink that WATER!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hello all....just wanted to put my first input/help/advice to the team!! Many times I cook a recipe for my family that has about 376 ingredients that are hard to put together into an actual number of calories per serving. So, here is a site where you can enter in all of the ingredients then put how many servings it cooks and then it tells you how much calories there are per serving....does that make any sense? Just go check it out.....it's awesome!!!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

Thanks for your support everyone!!

Bryanna

Thanks Bryanna!

Recipe calculators are great! I'm sure this site will be a great help! Glad we managed to sneak you into the spreadsheet! lol
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Team, I am exhausted completely exhausted and not sure why. Gave myself a rest day and thought it would help but it didn't. It is 6:30 and all I can think about is going to bed. UGH!!!
  • Marla64
    Options

I'm going to have to get use to carrying on conversations. Live in Abington PA just north of Phila. Are you from PA?

No, I'm across the river in Jersey-- just across from Easton, in Phillipsburg New Jersey.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ok, I finally lost another pound. I am only 210 now. Maybe by next week I can lose another 2 pounds. Its not much but every little bit helps.

The hard part is accepting baby steps-- but anything other than a gain is a good thing.

Slow and steady wins the race, Jess-- hang in there!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Andrew and Beth, how your boys have grown from one summer to the next and how you have shrunk!! :laugh: You look like a wonderful, healthy family! AWESOME!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    P.S.
    Hun, I miss you terribly and can't wait to come home.
    :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: