Facebook sucks so I'm checking this out

Options

Replies

• TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    What's all this "bump"ing about? Im a lil new at this! lol....I guess I will bump it..whatever that means....add me add me add me.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Um, I don't have a problem with seeing you shirtless. :blushing:
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Let's put it this way..MFP is the only place I can discuss my weight and receive absolutely no judgement.calls. It helps that everyone here is in the same boat, that is trying to improve their health. So, if you want to submit pics of you without a shirt, please do so. Just don't expect me to reciprocate! Add me as a friend, if you would like and can tolerate a warped sense of humor!
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I happen to appreciate shirtless photos. I think I speak for most women when I say that.

^^^ love this!
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I happen to appreciate shirtless photos. I think I speak for most women when I say that.

Be careful what you ask for ... I might end up posting a picture of me shirtless one day ... and I'm not at the after stage. :bigsmile:
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    welcome!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    when you 'bump', it adds the thread to the list of
    "My Topics", so you can find it again.............................
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I agree, my FB friends don't want to see pics of me that I can post here, nor do they want to hear me talk about food, bodybuilding, or anything else fitness related for that matter.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    ^^Agreed
    Why on earth would they not want to see you with your shirt off?

Couldnt agree more! ;)

Adding my vote :-)

I'm there too!!

I've totally stopped adding my fitness stuff to FB because people just don't get it over there and whether they're trying to be unsupportive or not, that's just how it is because we are doing something that they aren't (and some are jealous of that).

I say welcome!!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I agree, those who are benefiting from MFP, facebook is not interesting for them anymore. I come in the same category, facebook friends only *Like* things and not much interaction but here MFPers post comments and encourage which is always welcomed:)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

MFP is awesome for stuff that doesn't fly on Facebook. None of my FB friends care about my eating habits or that my ankles got swollen from walking around today. I can come here and talk to my MFP friends about that stuff. There are a lot of good knowledgeable people here who are all in the same boat.
  • gehanjawdat
    Options
    If i had those abb muscules i would have walked shirt off lol
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had to switch all my fitness talk here.

FB is pissed that Im getting sexy, have my dream job now, a great apartment and live in the coolest city on earth while hitting PRs every month.

I learned from the facebook thread on here today that people hate successful facebook friends.

same

I deleted my facebook "friends" down to just my family and people i've known for ever.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I still use facebook but not so much about my weight as I once did. I think a lot of my friends were bored with my weight updates and a few of them may have even been jealous. Since finding this site, I can say anything...good or bad and people get it.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ah yes. Less shirt more better. TIA
  • HMToomey
    Options
    I love my friends on Facebook but they are just regular friends that I have known forever, I weeded out the rif raf a long while ago. But they are not weight loss friends. I come here to log calories and to support others and, at times, to get support. Two different social media sites for two different reasons. :) I like them both but spend more time in these forums then playing on my timeline and I think that is because there is no like button so if you want to say something you have to say it! :)

Welcome to MFP!
  • Danayle
    Danayle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't have any issues with Facebook, but I'm keeping my weight loss journey pretty quiet outside of this website. I've only told a few people outside of here. I'm a fairly private person, so I don't post stuff on Facebook unless I'm okay with all my Facebook friends seeing it.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I use FB to post pics of my kids for my family...that's about it.

Feel free to add me, and I'm more than willing to look at your shirtless photos. :happy:
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I tried facebook for a while. I didn't lose ANY weight on that system.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I am basically stepping off Facebook because 1) my friends don't want to see me with my shirt off and 2) they just aren't supportive. So, I'm checking out MFP to see what it's like. Hope to help some people, make some supportive friends and get some encouragement back in return.

Send me a friend request if interested. I don't know how much I'll be on here....but I'm gonna do my best.

You're meeting the wrong people. A requirement of friendship with me is semi-naked pics daily.