Facebook sucks so I'm checking this out

Options

Replies

• edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I dont know why people wouldn't want to see your shirt off

Looking at his ABS, I'm going to say that Jealousy is a vicious beast.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Surely there is no comparison with Facebook? Both have different purposes - though since it went public, I have no idea what Facebook thinks it is for. I have to admit that the number of people who, apparently, can't afford shirts (mostly fellahs) surprised me at first but I can live with it - just as long as no one expects to post photos of my navel when I exchange my Party-7 for a 6-pack.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dont know why people wouldn't want to see your shirt off

Looking at his ABS, I'm going to say that Jealousy is a vicious beast.

it might make them tingly in a foreign way that leads to the devil's grasp
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    WHAT we really need are some leg photos - then we could use Paintshop and play Consequences
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I know, what ur talking about. I have been there once. But I love this site, very nice friends, frienfly and supportive. :smile:
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    when you 'bump', it adds the thread to the list of
    "My Topics", so you can find it again.............................

Oh, thank you:)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    yeah i check facebook for approx. 30 seconds a day... i see how my friends are hating life and log off...bores-ville.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Stopped caring about facebook when everytime i log on i see this scenario:

Some girl: OMG MY LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE

100000000000000000 dudes: ay girl, listen Ill kick his *kitten* you are perfect........etc....etc...etc.....

I am actually enjoying this community, because it is centered around fitness!
  • zachatta
    Options
    I happen to appreciate shirtless photos. I think I speak for most women when I say that.

Be careful what you ask for ... I might end up posting a picture of me shirtless one day ... and I'm not at the after stage. :bigsmile:

You wont do it chicken.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I am basically stepping off Facebook because 1) my friends don't want to see me with my shirt off and

This DOES NOT compute for me...
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Does the topless vibe work for both sexes ?
  • zachatta
    Options
    Does the topless vibe work for both sexes ?

This needs to be addressed.
  • uyent
    uyent Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Agreed with shirtless photos, you worked for it, you should be proud of it! What woman wouldn't want to see? ha! Some people just don't understand the endorphin high you can get from working out, losing weight, working hard. Who needs em, right? JK!

Add me if you like...uyent! Nice to have people for support and vice versa! My humor is on the sarcastic side though...be warned!
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    AGREED !
  • kramnikyad
    Options
    If I had abs like that then my shirt would be off too lol but at minute my stomach is more washing machine than washboard but hey thats why I joined here I have met some very supportive people on here and what's more no stupid requests to play annoying games lol
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    FB is to show of your kids to your family.
    MFP is to show of YOU to your friends.
    I can't remember the last time I was on FB. lol
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like facebook for the friends and family. I once joined in a group on facebook and that group wasn't what I expected. They all talked about appetite suppressant and I am not a person who would go for it and to see them do it--made me discouraged. Not that i have anything against them taking it, it's just that I don't want something like that in the path of me losing weight so I had to unsubscribe myself from that and have been looking for another outlet since for losing weight....just so happen to fall upon MFP again after a while and I thought, "Heck, might as well try it out again." Glad i did too.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    FB is to show of your kids to your family.
    MFP is to show of YOU to your friends.
    I can't remember the last time I was on FB. lol

I agree with this!

Also, my FB friends don't understand some of the things I post. I know most of them have no desire to pick up heavy things and track food, but I post anyway so that maybe I can help one of them.

If I post the same thing on MFP, it leads to a good discussion that can get varying opinions which becomes helpful to myself and others.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am basically stepping off Facebook because 1) my friends don't want to see me with my shirt off and 2) they just aren't supportive. So, I'm checking out MFP to see what it's like. Hope to help some people, make some supportive friends and get some encouragement back in return.

Send me a friend request if interested. I don't know how much I'll be on here....but I'm gonna do my best.
    Happy to see you with your shirt off; feel free to friend me. :-)
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome here! It's not that Facebook sucks (well actually it does) but the strange fact that our "Friends" don't care about our health and fitness goals. Oh well, I've found a nice home here. Rock on and keeping pumping the iron!