To All The Parents Out There

Because there was a lot of bashing going on in another thread to 2 really good friends of mine who both happen to be parents, let me just say:

I am inspired and motivated by the people on this site (friends of mine and those who aren't) that are mom's, dad's, single parent's, etc. Who work full time, part time, one job or 2, who take care of their families and still make time, however little or much it is, to work on themselves and reach their goals for fitness and health.

Bravo to all of you for being both awesome parents/care takers and for taking care of yourselves as well so you can be better parents.

You make me a single person with no children, think twice about whining about why I can't make time to go to the gym, or that I am tired, because if you can do it, then there is NO reason why I can't do it.

:heart: :heart: :drinker:

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:drinker:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Great post Sarah. =)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    good stuff :smile:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    I don't have any children, but I can only imagine the hard work and dedication it must take to be a parent and keeping up with your diet and workouts on a consistent basis
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    I'm having my first in February, and I, too, am delighted to see so many parents here who work hard on reaching their body and fitness goals. It makes me realize that I can do it too.

Thank you all! :smile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    The happiest moments in my life are when my 5 year old son asks me to play ball outside or do yoga next to me on the floor. My other happiest moments, when dad keeps him home and I get my headphones on and get moving by myself. :laugh:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Single Dad here busting *kitten*! Thank you:love::flowerforyou:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Thank you :)
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    You just made my whole day. Thank you.

:flowerforyou:
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 441 Member
    Thanks for the love. I notice my daughter getting some of my bad eating habits so being healthy isn't just for myself.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Thank you & since my children are almost grown now, my hats off to all those still in the process!! My greatest joy was being able to run a 5k with my son in June and a 5k with my daughter this past Saturday. NEVER thought I'd find myself enjoying that type of activity with them!!
  • Totally agree, all these people are amazing :flowerforyou:

I want to recover from my ED so that in the future, one day, I can be a great, healthy future mother. If I ever feel like giving up, this is the one thing I think about to keep me going.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Thanks for the awesome post. There are so many great reasons to life a healthy and active lifestyle including to instill that mentality into your children and promote for them a healthy relationship with food and activity. We provide roofs, food, stability, support, and self awareness to our children. My son turned 3 on Saturday, and i look forward to nothing more than for him to share the same loves with activities and to build some of his own.

Cheers!
  • :drinker:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    Our kids really enjoy the child care center in the gym we go to, it make it easier. They keep telling us how much they can't wait until they can come lift with us, I like knowing we are setting a good example.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    :drinker: Thank you
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Nicely said. :flowerforyou:

(now watch the same idiots appear here...)
  • Thank you so much for the kudos! :heart: Me being a single mom with 3 kids is a challenge and I have made a huge effort on getting myself to the gym atleast 3-4x a week and on top of that try and eat healthy :smile: