Do you remember your first?

Options
13»

Replies

• MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    growing out of the size 24 bathing suit I bought to start my swimming/exercise routine. It was tossed within 6 months! the last bathing suit I had had for over 8 years!!
  • Fitburd
    Fitburd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1. Doing a proper press up on my toes (so much better than lying face down unable to get my weight off the floor)
    2. Buying something off the rail in a regular clothes chain! :)
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Funny, my firs NSV was something similar. I was sitting on my bed and realized, OMG, I'm sitting Indian style & didn't realize it. No struggle to do it, no numbness in my legs. I WAS LIKE OMG! LOL
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yes the one I remember the most was when I could wrap a towel around me without having my butt show lol.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Being able to cross/fold my arms over my chest.
  • stepmark
    stepmark Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Finally being able to run 5k without breaks. That day, while I was running, I just kept thinking...huh, I'm not too tired and I'm not out of breathe! SaWeet! I realized I had built up some endurance. I actually chuckled while I ran that day.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Couldn't figure out why I couldn't get comfortable sitting on a park bench and then it dawned on me that I was feeling my tailbone! FREAKING AWESOME! :drinker:
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My first NSV was running with just a sports bra on. :) It feels so great to be that confident.
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Probably fitting into a size Large shirt. It didn't have the word "Extra" to preface it. Or an "Extra-Extra".
    this is also my first nsv as of this week.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Riding a roller coaster and not worrying if my fat *kitten* was going to fit in the seat comfortably.
  • ElphieTMoLM
    ElphieTMoLM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today I was able to walk up the massive hill to campus without slowing or huffing and puffing. It felt fantastic!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love these stories! Please keep them coming!
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    I've never wanted my stomach to go past my boobs, and this last xmas it happened, my damn stomach was past my chest. And now 8-9 months last, it's back down, phew!!!
  • simplycee
    Options
    When I ran a mile for the first time without stopping. I was so busy singing with the music that I didin't realize how far I'd gone.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My first major NSV was the day I took my dog out for a walk on a cold, wet, windy morning and needed something in addition to my regular winter jacket to keep warm. I never keep a lot of cold weather gear, being a Southerner, so I just double up when I need to and put on a light jacket of some sort under the heavier jacket. For the first time the outer jacket didn't feel snug with the lighter jacket under it. And I didn't feel like one of those giant balloons in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I'd lost around 25 at that point and was beginning to get discouraged because I hadn't dropped a pants size yet. Seems I should have been paying more attention to points north.
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Doing 5 'man' press ups!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!