Flourless Butterless CHOCOLATE CAKE

Options
2BhappyBhealthy
2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
After reading about so many delicious recipes on here - I thought I would share my go-to chocolate cake recipe :)

Ingredients:

1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup of chocolate chips (I personally use the reeeeally dark chocolate because I like the way it tastes and you can use way less than say milk chocolate and have a much more chocolaty flavor
3 egg whites - 1 yolk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with Pam or some alternative.
-Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth. If you have a powerful microwave, reduce the power to 50 percent.
-Combine the beans and eggs in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the baking powder, and pulse to blend.
-Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth, scraping down the corners to make sure chocolate is completely mixed. -Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan.
-Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.

*I like to top mine with sliced strawberries or raspberries and dust with a little bit of organic confectioners sugar

OH - and don't TELL anyone that it's made with garbanzo beans and I am willing to bet you MONEY not a single person will question it. I've put this cake in front of some of the toughest critics and I have yet to have one last longer than a few hours... Enjoy!

Replies