Flourless Butterless CHOCOLATE CAKE

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    It really wasn't that good. Kudos to the OP for creativity, but it was dry and bland. For the calories I'd rather have real cake!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I actually liked it - just made it today but baked it shorter than the 40 minutes, more like 25-30 mins.

My only problem is it's very dry and while I don't mind it not too sweet, my boyfriend will hate it. I may have to add sugar next time. Anyone know how to make it a bit more moist?
    0145528 Posts: 25
    Options
    Maybe add some applesauce into the batter? Some experimentation may be required here......
  • PixelTreason
    Options
    Maybe add some applesauce into the batter? Some experimentation may be required here......

That's what I was thinking. Next time I'll add some applesauce, thanks. :D
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hmm doesn't carrot keep a carrot cake moist? Maybe some carrot or courgette? I'm not an expert baker so I'm not sure how these things work though!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options

And give us an update. I'm curious as to how the modification works out for you.
  • PixelTreason
    Options

And give us an update. I'm curious as to how the modification works out for you.

I will, thanks! I like it enough that I want to make it again. :)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I will say that if we could make it more moist, it would be a better cake. But as is, I wasn't a fan.
  • PixelTreason
    Options
    Update:

Changes I made:

I used 2 eggs and 2 egg whites (instead of 3 whites and 1 egg)
    I added 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
    I added 1/4 cup white granulated sugar

It's delicious!
    The sugar, even though it's just a little, gave it that added hint of sweetness and either the applesauce or the extra yolk made it a bit more moist!

I love it. Though I did just eat a piece warm right out of the oven. Maybe it will dry out a bit when it cools?

Anyway, as of right now it's totally worth making again. I like it quite a bit though it is kind of a lot of calories for a small piece. Maybe I can get less chocolate in next time?

Here's the break down:

JaMhu.png
  • PixelTreason
    Options
    Oh, forgot to mention - I only baked it for 25 minutes instead of the recommended time. 25 is plenty!
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I made this cake for my health conscious friend yesterday, thumbs up all around, delicious!