Options
    Bump
  • jenneal89
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Alright, people. After reading through and hoping someone would say, "I tried it, and it's AMAZING!" I realized nobody has tried it. But, my friends, I have all the ingredients. And so here I go. Off to bake a very strange sounding garbanzo bean cake. I'll report back as soon as I taste it. :)
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    thanks! I'm always looking for new GF recipes! this is similar to my black bean brownie recipe.
  • alanrosez
    Options
    Bump for beans!
  • Vmg773
    Vmg773 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Put it in the recipe builder and figure it out based on how many servings you want.
  • julieh391
    Options
    It's in the oven! The batter smells chocolate cakey. Let's hope it tastes chocolate cakey. :happy:
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bearman45
    Options
    saving for later
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • mdbs2004
    Options
    bump
  • julieh391
    Options
    It's really good! My three year old picky little eater even loves it. She doesn't like beans, so I was hesitant to even show her that's what I was using to make it, but she really likes it. I put a little drizzle of chocolate syrup on her piece. Thanks for the recipe, OP! :happy:
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I read that you can use chia seeds to substitute eggs somehow. Gotta find that article again.

And what is the BUMP thing about???? I feel old, I'm so out of the loop on internet lingo
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It's really good! My three year old picky little eater even loves it. She doesn't like beans, so I was hesitant to even show her that's what I was using to make it, but she really likes it. I put a little drizzle of chocolate syrup on her piece. Thanks for the recipe, OP! :happy:

hahaha gahhh YAY!!!!! sooo glad you tried it! and sooo glad you LIKED it! I'm tellin' ya - I've been making it for years and I never tell anyone what's in it and they cannot tell the difference. :drinker:

And someone asked about sugar in the thread -- the original recipe I found years ago did call for a TON of additional sugar, twice the eggs, possibly even oil... I just didn't add them (why dirty up a clean recipe like garbanzo bean cake?!) and what do ya know - friggin DELISH. The sugar from the chocolate is all the sugar this recipe needs. Trust me.

When I find a "recipe" I like, I try making it without adding the items I find questionable. I just tweak it and hope I remember what I did if I want to make it again :smooched:

Oh and the chia seeds in place of egg should work out just fine.
  • adbmama
    adbmama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Damn, I'm gonna have to try this
  • newmanmb463
    newmanmb463 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump (and to the person asking about the bumps, by doing this, it will show up in your recently replied to threads, and will be easier to find).
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    mmm....sounds interesting.
    I wonder if the addition of a little coffee to the batter might not be good.
    Yes. I'm thinking coffee and cinnamon....maybe a little cayenne pepper. Definately going to try this one!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Bump! Anyone know Cal's/serving?

And carbs?? Wish when people post recipies they would post nutritional values... No sense getting excited only to find out too much of something.

You can just plug the ingredients into the RECIPE tool on this site and it will give yiou all that information.