Whoop - bumping!
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I Pinned it! :)

I knew I had seen it before ..... still have to try them though
  • luluseguin
    Options
    Thank you, will try them this week-end, love chich pea receipies because there are good for Cholesterol
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    cookies.jpg

Ingredients:
    •1 1/4 cups canned* chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
    •2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    •1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter**
    •1/4 cup (80 grams) honey (commenters have used agave with success!)
    •1 teaspoon baking powder***
    •a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn't have salt in it
    •1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips
    * My can was a 400 gram can, 240 grams without the water, and I used all but a few tablespoons
    ** Don't even try with regular peanut butter! They'll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter. :)
    *** If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined. Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky. With wet hands, form into 1 1/2" balls. Place onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes. Yields about fourteen 1 1/2" cookie dough balls.

INTERESTING... BUMP
  • tovasomerville
    tovasomerville Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HAVE YOU PUT A CALORIE, FAT AND PROTEIN COUNT TO THESE COOKIES? i WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE IT
    ?????? THANKS:happy:
  • Beth71284
    Beth71284 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MerraH89
    Options
    this is soooo goood!!!! i just made these! but i substitute some stuff... you can check out my today's diary.. i used hershey's special dark chocolate and only used 3 blocks from the package and chopped them and i used low fat peanut butter from walmart.. after i put my ingredients on MFP's "recipe" i got ~90cal per cookie :)
  • laracolette
    laracolette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    holy crap that picture looks amazing........................ (drool)
  • julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    :wink:
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas in cookies? Hmmmm. I think I am going to try this just because I'm curious!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I've seen this recipe on Pinterest and been to her blog (chocolate covered Katie). Katie's vegan recipes seems so interesting but honestly I haven't tried any of them yet. It is nice to hear good reviews about this one--it looks so yummy. Thank you thank you. I will try these for sure.
  • momlady6
    momlady6 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yummy ! Thanks ... And bump!
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am never making these again!! All I want to do is eat the whole fricken lot!!
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am never making these again!! All I want to do is eat the whole fricken lot!!

lol, I'm afraid I would be the same way! debating on trying them or not.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump!:)