Is it better to be under net or shovel in the junk?

Options
124»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat ice cream. If you aren't hungry, don't eat. But, assuming your calorie goals are appropriate, make the necessary adjustments to your plan for future days so you aren't in this conundrum at the end of the day.

Fixed it for ya. :wink:

Pfft. I consider (good) ice cream healthier than some of the other "healthy" suggestions I've read in this thread, so have at it. :smile:
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry and have the calories to spare, I'll grab a snack. If I'm not hungry I simply accept that I have a deficit for the day and head to bed. However, I make a goal to plan my calories a bit better for the next day. If I am going to work out as hard and burn the same amount of calories, I might eat a more robust breakfast and lunch so I don't have a big deficit at the end of the day.

AND.....sometimes I do a couple hops and hip hip hoorays and pour a glass of wine JUST BECAUSE I have the extra calories at the end of the day and I'm not hungry :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    As a rule of thumb I don't eat anything after 8pm .. Even if my calorie count is low.

But, I think this is a personal opinion and I'm definitely interested to see what others have to say about this! :)

Great thread, thanks!
    not only silly but pointless...if i didnt eat after 8 id starve

This response seems a little silly and pointless. Why would you starving make the previous posters rule of thumb silly or pointless. If a rule helps you stick to a healthy diet it is never silly or pointless. Even if it won't help someone else.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    What do you think? Do you think you should cram yourself with junk food solely to make a calorie quota?

Being down 500 calories now and then won't matter. Besides, you're probably underestimating that amount of calories in your food.