Did anyoe else just see the worst call in NFL history??

Options
124»

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    maybe not the worst call in history, but it was not great.

the sad thing is, people will show up to the stadiums next week and turn on their NFL Sunday ticket next week and this will not make a bit of difference in when the "real" refs return.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    ... The true definition of a classless organization...

They earned that title after hiring Pete Carroll.

Signed: avid college football (pro: Lions) fan
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    its a pathetic excuse for officiating. complete BUSHLEAGUE!!!

first the NHL lockout and now sickening jokeshops of games in the NFL. I guess we have college football and MLB left....
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow, talk about GB getting ROBBED. And I'm not even a Packers fan

It was PATHETIC! I Hate the Pack and even I am pissed by that call!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Actually, the refs made the right call. If opposing players come down with the football and neither rips it out of the others arms, it automatically goes to the intended receiver which in this case would be the Seahawks even if Jennings had slightly more possession, the Seahawks still maintained contact.

However, yes, most of the games have been horribly officiated in general and the two refs should have conferred before making a call, especially under 2 minutes when the play had to be reviewed anyway.

I agree with joehempel....this should definitely kick them into gear in resolving the strike and getting the normal refs back.

are you blind? Tate NEVER had possession of the football. he had his hand on the ball at most.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a Seahawks fan and he even said it was a HORRENDOUS call!
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Actually, the refs made the right call. If opposing players come down with the football and neither rips it out of the others arms, it automatically goes to the intended receiver which in this case would be the Seahawks even if Jennings had slightly more possession, the Seahawks still maintained contact.

However, yes, most of the games have been horribly officiated in general and the two refs should have conferred before making a call, especially under 2 minutes when the play had to be reviewed anyway.

I agree with joehempel....this should definitely kick them into gear in resolving the strike and getting the normal refs back.
    That's not correct. If they have simultaneous possession, it goes to the offensive player. That was not simultaneous possession. Even Gerry Markbreit said that.
  • mindirella
    Options
    423677_440708609309166_679455476_n.jpg
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/AzPBcCF9yKc

Replacement Ref "Call me Maybe" parody
  • mindirella
    Options

As an avid NFL fan, you disgust me.

Why did you have to say "as an avid NFL fan" - you implying I'm not?