• sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    nfl-replacement-refs-meme-touchdown-celtics.jpg

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. EXACTLY!!
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If this doesn't get fixed real soon the NFL is going to be better than UFC!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That was terrible. The NFL is losing all credibility with bullsh*t like that...

They lost all credibility when they let the comish start changing the fundamentals of the game.
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yup agree completely.
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hope this was not posted!

269055_3205515555661_1955327119_n.jpg
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I see both sides of the call. If you count the receiver having the ball until he touches the ground, its a touchdown, at which point it is pried away by the defense, making it an interception. I think this style of multi called results is exciting to watch and brings a new reason to tune in.
    Let me practice this pic posting thing while I am here...
    11ui6vm.jpg
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    That's like telling a heroine addict, "Just stop doing heroine." It is far more difficult than it sounds.
    smh.

Heroin = highly addictive drug. Heroine = female hero.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    OMG - Seahawks just got THE LUCKIEST CALL EVER!!!! TOTAL Karma call from the infamous superbowl calls...WOW :bigsmile: Oh well, I take it! Tate you are a ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!

^^ this exactly.

I hate people like you two. real Seahawks fans are just as ashamed about this call as everyone else.

This isn't about who it was on or who it was for, it's about the fact that the replacements suck. I mean, there are refs in the nfl that got fired from the LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

I hate people who say they hate people they've never met, just to try to make a point.....
    and I did say lucky call, did I not? Did that not sum it up for you...let me explain......

A real seahawks fan, takes the win...they gave it soooooo.....what you wanna do, tell them no thanks? of course it was a ridiculous call....but that's not my job. My job as a fan is to be happy about wins and sad about losing -that is all...so thanks for your input, but not really...:flowerforyou:

It was more about the fact that some people are gloating about a bs win, while other, more sportsmanlike fans, realize they didn't really win that game. The same way your coach was jumping up and down, and Tate refuses to admit he pushed the defender in the back. It's kind of ridiculous.

You take the win and you go quietly to the locker room while acknowledging that it was a BS call. You do not go on and on in post game interviews about how amazing your team is and behaving as though you are the greatest receiver in the NFL because you won the game though an amazing and skill driven reception.

I'm a RABID Cowboys fan....any win or score by the is a BLESSING because I can accept that MY team is not the end all be all in the NFL (in fact, they suck)
    I will always "take a win" but had it been Dallas and GB last night and that same call was made in the Cowboy's favor.....I'd have called bullsh*t.

Exactly my point!

They shouldn't be gloating about something like that. It's not a win to feel good about. I'm in no way a green bay fan. I just know bs when I see it. And yea, the entire fourth quarter was littered with stupid calls. But this is the only one that you can say without a single doubt, completely changed the outcome of the game. The others could have, but none directly did.

also, I'm a Texans fan. I never thought I'd agree with a cowboys fan.

:laugh:

If it helps, I at least HATE Tony Romo and Jerry Jones

It certainly makes me feel less dirty with myself for thinking your pic is kinda hot. so yes, yes it does help. haha
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I'm a huge football fan but even I can stop watching. Thing is, why should I? So the referees make bad, horrendous calls, big deal. Coaches and players make bad, horrendous calls as well.

Also, for those that believe the game came down to that 1 play don't really understand football. Both teams had plenty of offensive opportunities. For example, Green Bay was sacked 6-7 times in the first half alone...so they had their chances.

The officials blew the call...yes! But that didn't cost Green Bay a win. What cost GB a win was not taking care of business in the first half. Sucks for them!

With that being said - I'm going to watch this game and shake my head at some of the calls these guys are making. However, I'm not about to blame them on behalf of a losing team. BTW - how come nobody is throwing their hands into the air over the ridiculous call against Wes Welker in the Ravens game the other night? He was called for pass interference and it was clearly defensive pass interference. Cost them 20+ yards in gains and ended up with -15 in losses. Ridiculous!

Mess with the bull, you get the horns! GO TEXANS!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge football fan but even I can stop watching. Thing is, why should I? So the referees make bad, horrendous calls, big deal. Coaches and players make bad, horrendous calls as well.

Also, for those that believe the game came down to that 1 play don't really understand football. Both teams had plenty of offensive opportunities. For example, Green Bay was sacked 6-7 times in the first half alone...so they had their chances.

The officials blew the call...yes! But that didn't cost Green Bay a win. What cost GB a win was not taking care of business in the first half. Sucks for them!

Exactly. The game is a sum of it's parts. Now had the pack been screwed the entire game, fans would have a case. But that's not what happened.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad there is no football love in my house. We don't even like football and I thought what happened last night was ridiculous! I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if we were diehard fans.
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It seems the Refs will be getting a visit from the Count when it comes to time-outs and challenges!

photo-70.jpg
  • vikingchix
    Options
    Ugh! Seems I need to learn how to post photos!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Seems I need to learn how to post photos!

"img" can't be in caps
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Its getting crazy. You can see it every game the players and the coaches are getting more and more tense. I'm totally waiting til both teams in a game just nod to each other and jump on the refs. Its really slowing down the game play and just screwing the dynamic of the game. However from what I saw on the news the players and the coaches are putting alot of pressure on the NFL to hurry up and settle the dispute
  • vikingchix
    Options
    The Refs will be getting a visit from the Count to discuss time-outs and challenges! :bigsmile:

photo-70.jpg
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    The NFL needs to settle, obviously they were ill prepared for a hold out by the real refs. Give them what they want and be prepared next time!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad there is no football love in my house. We don't even like football and I thought what happened last night was ridiculous! I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if we were diehard fans.

Then you should have been in my house doll. It was ugly. DIE HARD GB FANS
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    One good thing to come from this replacement ref ordeal is that a bunch of MFPers were able to argue about something entirely different, if only for a little while.

Okay, now back to arguing about what is and is not water, how everyone should eat no more than 1200 calories daily, and whether or not you should eat your exercise calories back.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    One good thing to come from this replacement ref ordeal is that a bunch of MFPers were able to argue about something entirely different, if only for a little while.

Okay, now back to arguing about what is and is not water, how everyone should eat no more than 1200 calories daily, and whether or not you should eat your exercise calories back.

Don't forget carbs. Gotta argue about carbs. :happy: