How do you do 1200?

Options
124»

Replies

• DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    @Nelly--same boat. I'm in that confused stage right now. I have the same macros as you--40/30/30 and at the moment, I upped my based calories to 1250 because my BMR is 1240 (Well, some calculations say 1330, but I heard the lower one is the more reliable) and I didn't want to go below that. I tried 1200 yesterday. With my exercise, I burned 350 and ate them all back, so my total overall was 1550. Not too bad, but still don't know if the number is right for me.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Smaller portions......
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    @Nelly--same boat. I'm in that confused stage right now. I have the same macros as you--40/30/30 and at the moment, I upped my based calories to 1250 because my BMR is 1240 (Well, some calculations say 1330, but I heard the lower one is the more reliable) and I didn't want to go below that. I tried 1200 yesterday. With my exercise, I burned 350 and ate them all back, so my total overall was 1550. Not too bad, but still don't know if the number is right for me.

LOL...I know, it can make you crazy, can't it??? :)

From all accounts, the Scooby Workshop Calculators seem to be the most accurate. I think they also recommend that you reduce your deficit to 10% the closer you get to your goal. The only thing I'm really focusing on at the moment is making sure I keep my protein up, and to never eat below my BMR. I always seem to stall out completely when I do that. Those are my objectives at the moment, and so far so good. :) Oh, and for the past week or two, if I DO have a low calorie day (from just not feeling like eating much), I try to make up the calories on another day (or couple of days) so that I'm balanced at my goal net for the week.