Foods you avoid due to bad experience such as choking?

Options
mandiemma
mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
What foods do you avoid due to having a bad experience with them?

For example I will not eat peanut butter because I choked on a peanut butter sandwich when I was 14. I still have nightmares 15 years later because of that memory... lol

Replies

• vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oranges.....choked when I was about 10 years old. Still think about it every time I eat an orange.
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can't eat low quality ground beef. The grissle (sp?) makes me gag. I will not eat burgers from most chain restaurants. The only exceptions to this are Fatburger, Carls Jr, and Five Guys.
  • mandiemma
    Options
    mmmm Fatburger lol --> California Burger is the best! haha
  • mandiemma
    Options
    Oranges.....choked when I was about 10 years old. Still think about it every time I eat an orange.

omg I love love love oranges lol
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Creamed corn.

My mom used to make me sit at the table until I had eaten up all my creamed corn. I couldn't stand the texture and would gag every time I tried to eat it. After sitting at the table for an hour or so, it was cold and congealed. I hated it and refuse to consider eating it ever again.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Umm, coca cola. It's gonna sound stupid, but in my last year of uni I had to do a project on coca cola. On deadline day I lost my work 15mins before the end of the day (I had a backup copy, but it wasn't as epic) and ever since then I haven't touched any coca cola products...except for a few weeks ago when I did have a glass of coke and ended up being sick the next day.

True story :\
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    mmmm Fatburger lol --> California Burger is the best! haha

Meh...I had california burger not too long ago. It was alright but not my favorite as far as beef quality. Though the peanut butter burger was an awesome idea.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Twizzlers, every time I eat them I choke on them. But I don't stop eating them.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Southern Comfort.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well not at the moment, no.
    But way back when I was young I had a mini personal pizza from Godfathers, and ended up choking on a ridiculously long string of cheese..... someone had to put their fingers down my throat to grab it and pull it out..... didn't get the pizza there for at least a year. But I got over it.
    Same in elementary school.... popped a jawbreaker in my mouth..... started playing a tag like game with friends and pretty much inhaled the jawbreaker. It was stuck in my throat and I couldn't swallow it.... rushed inside to get water, which didn't help it go down... so I had to take my fingers and press/push the stupid thing to the top of my throat from the outside of my neck until it came back up. Now with that, I continued to eat jawbreakers right away.....
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I had a shard of school lunch hard taco shell get caught in my throat when I was in the 5th grade--not enough to fully block the airway, but enough to give me a good scare. The kids sitting at my lunch table made fun of me! Luckily my mom volunteered in the school office a couple of days of week so I ran to the office and she had the foresight to have me eat some bread to push it down.

To this day I have never again eaten a hard taco. Nacho chips, yes, but no hard taco shells.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    ETA: wizard^^^^^^

Hot dogs

if-you-know-what-i-mean-420x250.png&sa=X&ei=dPBhUJenN4PAyAHB1oGQAQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNF05gausXhvH988kmZzZKBCLpS70A
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Does shots of pineapple upside down cake, count? Let's just say I partied a little too hard the day I graduated college...
  • tilliesmom9
    Options
    POWDERED BUBBLE GUM.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I choked on a green grape when I was 4 or 5 and I can't stand them now. I try one every now and again, but I just can't eat them. I love red and purple grapes though :) I also won't eat cole slaw because when I was younger the baby sitter that I went to (and HATED!) made us eat it at least twice a week. I can't even remember what it tastes like, but I won't go anywhere near it!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sambuca...I destroyed a cab's interior after a few too many.
    I also stopped eating red meat that night, as chunks of steak came up with it.

Blue-raspberry flavoured anything, after eating too many Bonkers blue bubble gums and getting violently sick.

Strawberry-kiwi flavoured anything after trying to be cool in front of my friends and chug juice out of the container, only to have the lid fly off and all the juice go up my nose.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    banana
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Southern Comfort.

Same. Can barely serve it.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I threw up Coco Puffs when I was about 7 and to this day just the thought of those gross little balls makes me gag :yawn:

I also threw up spicy dorito's about 8 years ago, couldn't eat those for years.

PS I know that emoticon is a yawn, but it also looks like me throwing up :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Oysters, Clams, Mussels...not bearded clams though:blushing: