Foods you avoid due to bad experience such as choking?

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I used to avoid peanut m&m's because of this...

Oh and I avoid oranges (like the big ones, not the little baby tangerines and the like) because I always seem to choke on the membranes... blech, I just can't seem to chew it.

Oh and pecan pie... it gave me a stomach ache around the age of 10... haven't eaten it sense.

Oh (I keep reading other peoples comments that make me remember yet another thing)... hot damn and tequila... yeah, got trashed on those two things once and threw it up... not a good combo... still can't stomach them, even though they used to be my liquor of choice... :frown:
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I choked on a chicken bone before!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When I was little I refused to eat chocolate cake because I'd barfed on two separate occasions after eating it. I missed out for years!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Goldschlager

Rumpleminze

cheap tequila.

OH choking........not puking.......

Cherry tomatoes.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Goldschlager

Rumpleminze

cheap tequila.

OH choking........not puking.......

Cherry tomatoes.

OP did say "such as"... so I took that as to mean including but not limited to choking... *lol*
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    tequila...it makes me holler and swing my bra over my head, so...yeah.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    YOGURT!
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    What the heck did yogurt ever do to you?!!??
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    What the heck did yogurt ever do to you?!!??

Blueberry *kitten* tried to choke me! :sad:
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    *&&^%$*Blueberry *kitten*!!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Elk meat. Years ago, a good friend had invited my husband and me over for a dinner of elk burger. The friend was pretty proud that he was serving us a meal that he'd hunted, bagged, butchered and froze himself. As I took a bite, I smelled something. Not sure what it was, or where it came from. I wasn't real impressed with the flavor of the elk ( I'd had elk plenty of times before this). Anyway, I chewed it up. Went to take my next bite...same smell. Awful. Like something rotten. Then I had a hunch. I made sure the friend wasn't looking, and then I sniffed my burger. Yep, that's where that awful, rotten smell was coming from. At this point, I HAD to say something, because it was obvious to me that this meat was spoiled. And once I said something, the guys smelled their burgers, and we were all pretty grossed out. I have not been able to eat elk meat since then. That was over 30 years ago.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I choke on PB2. But I still eat it.

I can't eat Roasted Red Pepper Hummus anymore after getting sick afterward. I just associate it with vomit. :(
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I never choke...NEVER
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. Had a very unfortunate night following Taco Bell two years ago, haven't touched it since.

When I was a kid I had a hard time chewing cuts of meat, like chuck steak, pork chops. My parents would make me take the grisely chewed up piece of meat out of my mouth and break it into smaller bites so I could swallow it. I REALLY have an adversion to pork chops now.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Southern Comfort.

Thanks... I think I just had a flash back :sick:
  • BlueGenius
    BlueGenius Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Corn Dogs, blech ... When I was 7 I tore into a corn dog because I was so hungry. Turns out it was spotted and spoiled. Vomited immediately.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    those red and white striped peppermints, choked when I was 5
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Corn Dogs, blech ... When I was 7 I tore into a corn dog because I was so hungry. Turns out it was spotted and spoiled. Vomited immediately.

:sick: ewww
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Jack Daniels.
    When I was 16, I went to a "party" and we were doing shots of jack and jumping on the trampoline.
    I got hungry and ate a tuna fish sandwich I found in the fridge.
    Afterwords, I had to go home to meet my girlfriend but, I wasely decided I was too drunk to drive so, I took the go-cart that was in the garage.
    Once I got home I was in BAD shape.
    My Mother told me to go lay down in the bathroom and, as long as I had my head tilted JUST right, the room stopped spinning.
    Well, my girlfriend came over and gave me a playful kick to the ribs to get me up. Three hours of food and drink reappeared.
    For YEARS I could not even stand ther SMELL of wiskey.
    Even today, at 42, I still cannot drink American wiskey. I was able to drink a little bit of Irish wiskey and some home made stuff but, the Jack Daniels kills me.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I've thrown up twice at TGI Fridays... actually, I still eat there, lol.

I've also choked many a time on a mozzarella stick... again, I still eat them.

I guess I just love food too much.