Foods you avoid due to bad experience such as choking?

Options

Replies

• Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    lettuce that looks like it was the salad from my elementary school.

I wanted seconds one time when I was in 3rd grade and didn't want to eat my salad. I stuffed the salad in my milk carton and my principle caught me. She made me drink the milk lettuce combo and I threw it up. I still hate the way that particular salad looks...

This gave me the laugh I needed today, and i am not even sure why!

When she passed away her son asked me my favorite memory of her, and I said it was that one...definitely a memorable experience lol
  • Austin1988
    Options

I wanted seconds one time when I was in 3rd grade and didn't want to eat my salad. I stuffed the salad in my milk carton and my principle caught me. She made me drink the milk lettuce combo and I threw it up. I still hate the way that particular salad looks...

That sounds like a horrible salad.
    My best friend used to stuff her salad in her bra when her mother wasn't looking. It was the absolute worst thing you could ever ask her to eat.

It tasted even worse coming up as I recall.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fruity pebbles because when I was 15, I puked them up and it was gross. I only remember this because 1, I never puke, and 2, it was the day I got my nose pierced lol
  • aschmidt73
    Options
    Boiled hot dogs. After getting sick on one, even the smell of a hot dog being boiled or microwaved makes me sick to my stomach. Funny thing is, if they are fried or grilled they don't bother me ....
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

My best friend used to stuff her salad in her bra when her mother wasn't looking. It was the absolute worst thing you could ever ask her to eat.

Um if a principal or WHOEVER did this to my child I would flip my **** at the school! They could have just said no!
  • Austin1988
    Options

Um if a principal or WHOEVER did this to my child I would flip my **** at the school! They could have just said no!

It was the 90s and a small town, it was nbd then.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.

One time I either had a 24hr virus or I was really dehydrated because I was vomiting for a day. I would make my oatmeal super thick and this day I threw it up. But because it was so thick it come up soooo slowly. So, I was basically gagging and could feel it climbing slowly up my esophagus. It settled in my throat for a couple minutes while I was gagging and then finally came up. It looked the same way it went down.

Goodbye Oatmeal.
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I got a peanut butter Nips candy lodged in my throat as a kid. My uncle heimliched it out.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff Ice caused my first hangover...8 years later I still associate the smell of it with terrible terrible vomitting
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    LIVER! Made me gag as a child, so I tried it years later as an adult and the taste still makes me gag.

Then I started thinking about what the liver does - clean toxins from the body - and wondered why the heck anyone would eat it on purpose!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    A spice cake my friend made me in college went bad and I didn't know it. It made me puke and now the small of chai or any mixed spices makes me gag!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I don't eat hotdogs... When I was a kid I ate one that had a piece of bone in it and it chipped my tooth. That was the most disgusting thing ever.
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    tequila. (I got hit in the uvula with tequila out of a squirt gun and gagged. Since then even the smell makes me want to vomit.)

meatballs. (Over the course of a year when I was 15/16, every time I ate meatballs I spent half the night vomiting. I have since given them up, which makes me sad, because I used to very much enjoy them.)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    When I was about 5 years old I ate close to a whole can of black olives. I was showing off putting them on my fingers and eating them off in front of the adults at this party, or whatever it was, lol.

I threw up for hours that night, I remember my mom changing the sheets on my bed a couple times.

Other than a few pieces on pizza every now and then, I haven't eaten them since.
  • K_Smith86
    Options
    Taco salad. I got food poisoning from it when I was 12 and was so incredibly sick. I can't stand the thought of eating one now. It's mainly the shell that it was served in too. I'll eat hard taco shells and everything, but the shell bowl they served it in? *Gag*

Oh, that and cream corn. Got a can once that had gone bad apparently, and we cooked it, not knowing it was bad until we started to eat it. NEVER AGAIN will I have it. Nope, can't do it.
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I loved chunky peanut butter. When I was about 8, I had graham crackers with chunky peanut butter spread all over for lunch, and later that day threw my guts up. I ended up with a BRUTAL stomach flu-type thing that lasted a week, and consisted of puking until there was nothing left in my belly and hideous headaches that would get so bad I'd throw up more. I still don't know if I just happened to catch a really nasty bug, or if it was some intense food poisoning. :sick:
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I choked on the bacon in a burger once...I kept eating bacon but not in burgers for a little while.

As a teenager I once threw up after eating a pizza pocket - could never touch those again.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    My older sister almost choked to death on a taco shell. After that night, we NEVER had tacos or tortilla chips. My Mom invented TACO-ghetti which is the taco hamburger meat, lettuce, cheese, and taco sauce on spaghetti noodles. (Why Mom? WHY!)

To this day, I can't say no to tortillas and salsa ... I pretend it is the tequila saying YES YES OH BABY YES but it is really the entire childhood spent CHIP-less.

Tortilla Chips ...

x whispers torrrrtttillllllaaaa chhhhiiiippps x
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    when I was pregnant the first time, I was on a trip on a coach bus and spent 12 hours in the little bus bathroom vomiting. There was a banana scented air freshener in there.

That was 17 years ago. To this day if I smell banana ANYTHING, I gag. Can't even be in the same room with someone eating one.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I loved chunky peanut butter. When I was about 8, I had graham crackers with chunky peanut butter spread all over for lunch, and later that day threw my guts up. I ended up with a BRUTAL stomach flu-type thing that lasted a week, and consisted of puking until there was nothing left in my belly and hideous headaches that would get so bad I'd throw up more. I still don't know if I just happened to catch a really nasty bug, or if it was some intense food poisoning. :sick:

My husband told me that they make the chunky peanut butter by using the sweepings off the floor. He is obvioulsy a smooth guy.