GRRR Gym No-No's!

Options
13»

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

The guys that drop the really heavy weights they are lifting too - I know you've just done a really hard set, but do you have to drop the weights and make the floor shake??

How else are you supposed to tell everyone that you have just lifted all that weight?

By the all grunting that has been going on while doing said set!

you have a point. But if there's grunting AND you drop the weights then it has to be REALLY heavy right?
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, a man several treadmills down was talking to his friend about his personal relationship with Jesus. Which, is cool and all, but his idea of "talking" was speaking loud enough to snuff out the music. He was the only thing I could hear. And he went on and on and on. It's hard to get into the frame of mind to "trample the weak and hurdle the dead" when I'm listening to someone's thoughts on Jesus.
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    Also, the lady that spends 90 minutes on the elliptical with no resistance moving so slowly that she can read a book...how is this helping you? Its not, and its hogging the machine which has a clearly stated 30 minute time limit so others can us a high traffic machine.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My gym has a No phone policy ( unless your using it to listen to music)
  • Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

The guys that drop the really heavy weights they are lifting too - I know you've just done a really hard set, but do you have to drop the weights and make the floor shake??

How else are you supposed to tell everyone that you have just lifted all that weight?

True - I suppose it makes them feel better - personally can't help but think they are doing it for the extra attention from the pretty blonde ladies on the cardio machines opposite the weights section - the grunting and dropping of weights does seem to increase then ;-)
    By the all grunting that has been going on while doing said set!

you have a point. But if there's grunting AND you drop the weights then it has to be REALLY heavy right?
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    grin smile chuckle blush grin sigh. love this!!
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Also, the lady that spends 90 minutes on the elliptical with no resistance moving so slowly that she can read a book...how is this helping you? Its not, and its hogging the machine which has a clearly stated 30 minute time limit so others can us a high traffic machine.
    +1 on this. I see it on treadmills more than ellipticals. If you can read while working out, you're doing it wrong.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Walking around the locker room naked for an inordinate amount of time. I understand the locker room is for changing, so a renegade boob or a random butt cheek doesn't irk me. Just be expedient about it. Panties and a bra or a towel are all I'm asking here.

Standing around naked just chatting or leaning over the counter (agh, me eyes!) doing your makeup in the buff is just not necessary. I don't even do that at home!

Also, people who come up and want to start chatting with me. While I clearly have headphones in. WTF?!? Even taking them out dramatically doesn't seem to deter them...

Renegage boob = :laugh:

from OP...I have problems 1 and 3 at my gym. Drives me insane - particularly the staring. Dude, I'm working out. Please save your Chester the Molester leer for the bars.
  • ndfaninaz
    Options

Looky-Lookerson with a chronic case of Stare-idus.
    WTF? Did my b@lls suddenly pop-out and smile at you?

Hey, I've seen it happen. Well, maybe not smile...but I was on a treadmill once, and there was a guy across from me riding the recumbent bike. With loose shorts on. Commando.

How can you NOT stare.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Will come come to my gym and take the b*tches down?
    Yes. For a nominal fee.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

Sitting on equipment I need, talking on your cell phone.

I would rather have this guy - heck, I wouldn't even mind if he brought his laptop and set up office on the bench if it meant he didn't smell like they guy down my gym last night!

I swear he came to the gym straight from being trapped in a Chilean mine for 3 months!

"Oh my God, the smell is disgusting, it seems to be following us around!" My wife said to me as I followed her around

I had to pull her face into my armpit to prove it wasn't me. I smelled delicious
    Yeah. There's a guy at my gym that smells like a dead body had a baby with a pair of feet.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Sitting on equipment I need, talking on your cell phone.

I would rather have this guy - heck, I wouldn't even mind if he brought his laptop and set up office on the bench if it meant he didn't smell like they guy down my gym last night!

I swear he came to the gym straight from being trapped in a Chilean mine for 3 months!

"Oh my God, the smell is disgusting, it seems to be following us around!" My wife said to me as I followed her around

I had to pull her face into my armpit to prove it wasn't me. I smelled delicious
    Yeah. There's a guy at my gym that smells like a dead body had a baby with a pair of feet.

With....a pair of..feet? Not sure how that would work, exactly. I have all sorts of strange mental pictures floating around in my head, now.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    With....a pair of..feet? Not sure how that would work, exactly. I have all sorts of strange mental pictures floating around in my head, now.
    Perv. Did you see my post right under yours on the insult string?